2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010-2011 Season

Boy it feels good to win a game haha I was starting to think that this was going to be another terrible year after the opening int, and the defense was getting owned. But we turned it around, I would love to know what pete said to the defense in that huddle because those boys played some damn good football for the rest of the game. Also wth happened to Kelly Jennings, the dude looks like a real cornerback now, he made some nice tackles that game.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
    Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Actually I wasn't upset with the defense at the beginning even when the 9ers looked like they were going to run away with it. It wasn't their fault they were playing on a short field and had been on the field for almost 17 straight minutes.

Any defense is going to break when you have a 17/3 disparity in time of possession and I was just starting to get depressed about how they were going to break soon.

Then suddenly something miraculous happened. I'm still not quite sure what the hell happened, but man it felt good to stomp the 9ers.

However, I am still skeptical about the offense and the pass rush of this team over the course of the season.
    Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

Even in the beginning, I was impressed with the way they swarmed to the ball in critical situations.

Comment

Alex Smith inexplicably overthrowing the wide-open fullback on 4th and goal happened... if you can't make that throw - you should not be in the NFL.

And we were very lucky because if we go down 10-0 there things would have been much different.

But screw all that. 31-6. 1-0. Pete Carroll is undefeated as Seahawks head coach.

This defense could be special in a year or two if we can add another corner and some pass rushers... right now it's not too shabby. We'll be tough to score on at Qwest - that's for sure. Our defensive draft is looking absolutely amazing thus far. Thomas looks incredible, and Davis, Chancellor, and Thurmond are all already contributing and could see increased roles in the future.

Now it's on to Denver. I'm cautiously optimistic. Orton seems like the type of QB who could do well against our secondary for some reason... I think our run defense will continue to be strong against that OL and RB group though. Offensively, what's the word on Okung? If Hasselbeck starts to get his confidence back and develops a rapport with BMW, Butler, etc., he could have a huge bounce-back year and lead us to a surprise division title. The Cardinals absolutely suck - bank on that.

GREAT first win.
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

How about our run defense guys, we shut frank gore DOWN. I was extremely pleased with pass protection, we only gave up one sack to their defense. Okung will most likely not be available to week 3 but it could be later. I have to admit i was real worried about the season with all those cuts before the season but carroll and schneider have me believing. That said we need more of a pass rush chris clemons did a pretty good job but hes injury prone and there was that scare with him in the 1st. I saw dexter davis for the first time, the dude is small but he is absolutely jacked and he a had a nice sack. GUYS WE ARE 1-0 AND I AM TRULY EXCITED FOR THIS YEAR! I said this in another thread the division is ours to lose, the 49ers might be more talented but we are a more complete team, that and there qb sucks haha

Comment

We need a stud pass rusher. Clemons is respectable in obvious passing downs, but I don't think he is going to get many sacks in other situations. If we end up trailing in games this could end up leading to a low number of sacks on the year. If the offense finds a way to score though, he could have a great number of sacks.

When I watched the Seahawks defense against the 49ers (and the first half against the Vikings), it just looked like that is a defense designed to shut down running backs. They have 3 big linemen designed to take up blockers and shut holes and quick linebackers designed to flow to the play and stop the running back when there is a hole. Kind of like a fusion of the 3-4 down linemen and the 4-3 personal grouping.

But on a different note, anyone else thinking of Trent Richardson as our first rounder in two years? The dude gave me the chills when he destroyed Penn State's defense.
            Video games keep me sane

Comment

So we lost unger for the year with a toe injury. But we did re sign wrotto. Hill has been reinstated but he wont start. I agree as far as shutting down the run but we desperately need a stud pass rusher. Someone like robert quinn or greg romeus next draft.

Comment

Wow. Losing Unger ******* sucks. I'd love to have the OL healthy for one ******* season. It's ridiculous.
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Another thing i wanted to say is i love our rotation onthe defensive line. We kept shuffling those guys in and out and ultimately i think that will help us down the road.

Comment

well, that was awful.
                    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                      well, that was awful.
                      Lets just forget this weekend ever happened. It's just too depressing.
                      Video games keep me sane

Comment

Originally posted by summond822 View Post
                        Lets just forget this weekend ever happened. It's just too depressing.
                        deal. it sucks to be a seattle fan this weekend. Besides the Storm winning it all.
                        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                        JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

More optimistically, they kept themselves out of that game. It wasn't like they got physically dominated. There's still hope for this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Calubflower View Post
                            More optimistically, they kept themselves out of that game. It wasn't like they got physically dominated. There's still hope for this season.
                            But did you ever feel like they had a legitimate chance to come back? I did...until Denver converted like 99% of their third downs. Decent QBs are going to destroy us...we have no pass rush.

And it seemed like most of them were 3rd & long!
                            Last edited by summond822; 09-20-2010, 10:59 AM.
                            Video games keep me sane

Comment

Was this game blacked out? I went to watch it and it said it was but i didnt hear anything about a blackout. Btw i have direct tv, if it matters

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information