2011 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Draft Thread

Let's discuss. First of all lets go through our needs.

- Quarterback of the future ( aka. Jake Locker)
    - A legit pass rusher ( Quinn or Romeus)
    - We can use another running back
    - The o line, a guard, maybe a new center
    - And we could probably use another corner ( there are a lot of good/tall corners in this draft)
    - I wouldnt rule out a tall wide receiver either, but we seem pretty set for now. But that can change depending on mike williams.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
    Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

I think we need to address our offense and our pass rush. That said, the areas where I think we need to address are:

1) QB
    2) Pass rusher (DE/OLB I don't care as long as they fill the LEO spot)
    3) Playmaker on offense WR/RB doesn't matter
    4) Another pass rusher
    5) CB

We will need either a new C or G in the next couple of years, but it doesn't have to be too high of a draft pick.
    Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

Well we pretty much agree on positions, so now who are specific players you guys would want to get?

Comment

Let's be conservative and say we land in the top 3rd-to-Middle of the first round. Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett are gone. Andrew Luck may or may not declare. If Luck is there, I think I'd be OK with him. I really, really like Mark Ingram, and I think middle of the first is a great place to take him. He'd be a terrific fit in our offense. I'm kind of liking the potential of our receiving corps right now, but this is going to be a fantastic class for wide receivers - if Jonathan Baldwin or Julio Jones is on the board when we pick (Assuming Green in gone) it'd be hard to pass after passing on Crabtree two years before. We need a big wideout. I'm crossing my fingers on Mike Williams big time, but it wouldn't hurt to add another if there isn't a QB available that has the "franchise" feel to him. And, of course, Pete Carroll is going to continue to look for guys to play his 3-4, and at this point we'd be looking at DE's and pass rushers. Adrian Clayborn, Cameron Heyward, and Allen Bailey are all huge, highly rated DE's who could probably play end in a 3-4. If Robert Quinn comes out, I'm sure Carroll would take some serious looks at him as well for that LEO spot.

In the second round, we'll obviously still have needs wherever we didn't just draft a guy. We really need a big power back, and if Mikel LeShoure from Illinois comes out he could be a possibility in round two. He reminds me of Shonn Greene a little bit. Round two might be high for Daniel Thomas.

It's a bit early to try and predict round-by-round, of course, but we could also use a return man such as Jerrel Jernigan. Another guy I like in the middle rounds (unless he's playing baseball full-time) is Matt Szczur.

Comment

Depending on where they pick i'd probably rank them:

1st;
          Locker
          Luck
          Petersen
          Quinn

2nd;
          Baldwin
          Kerrigan
          Herzlich
          DeCastro

Comment

With the NCAA investigation on Quinn, I can see him going middle to late first round. Especially since he's going to miss at least what, another 2-3 games?

Teams are only going to get half a seasons read on him and if he isn't dominating who knows, he may even fall out of the first round.

As of right now though, I tend to lean more towards Luck as being the next big NFL prospect. I think Jake Locker is still a year away from the level of Luck right now. I watch Luck and I see him going through progressions and making good decisions. I watch Locker and I see him lock onto one target and completely abandon his legs.

But if we can't get one of those two QB's, I have to say that the top WRs in this class have me super excited. Jones, Green, and Baldwin are all big play guys. I like all of them more than I liked Crabtree a couple of years ago (we all know I hated Crabtree). They are possess legitimate top 10 WR skills. It is going to be interesting to see if they can put it all together.

Ingram would also be an awesome consolation prize.
            Video games keep me sane

Comment

For the first, i wouldn't mind:
              - Jake Locker
              -Andrew Luck
              -Patrick Petersen
              - Robert Quinn. I havent seen quinn, but some say he's the best pass rusher. I just want a good one.
              - Baldwin, Floyd, or Green.
              - I wouldnt be totally against taking ingram in the first but it would have to be if all these guys were taken. Im not really a fan of taking a rb in the 1st.

Comment

Im just curious what picks we have left for 2011, ill try and look it up. Anyone else feel free to do it!

Comment

Well we don't have our 3rd (Whitehurst), 4th (Lynch), or 6th (Balmer).

We got a 6th round pick for Jackson, conditional (likely 7th round) for Wallace.

EDIT: Forgot about wilson. We got a 4th/5th for Wilson
                  Video games keep me sane

Comment

Question for you guys? From my perspective i think the talent in this draft is nothing to write home about. I think the first round talent is good but out side that its not a great draft year. So my question is, do we trade everything(all our draft picks) this year and go for jake locker. A couple of weeks ago i would say no, but hass is pretty much done and from what i hear chrlie whitehurst sucks. So i say we do and grab our qotf.

Thoughts?

Comment

The only reason I'm excited about this draft is the because it seems front loaded at WR and QB.

Now, the only QB I feel comfortable taking top 5 is Andrew Luck. Top 10 Locker, and I feel like I wouldn't touch Mallet until the 2nd round.

However, the top WR's get me excited. Floyd, Green, Jones, and Baldwin all strike me as exceptional talents. I mean even the one from Miami...Hinkerson (I know I got that one wrong...).

So, I guess I'm saying. No, I wouldn't give up everything to go and get Locker. We do need a QB of the future, but I just don't see us sacrificing our entire draft for a QB (Locker) who, and as a Washington fan this hurts, is nowhere near as far along as he should be.
                      Video games keep me sane

Comment

Originally posted by HawkEye30 View Post
                        Question for you guys? From my perspective i think the talent in this draft is nothing to write home about. I think the first round talent is good but out side that its not a great draft year. So my question is, do we trade everything(all our draft picks) this year and go for jake locker. A couple of weeks ago i would say no, but hass is pretty much done and from what i hear chrlie whitehurst sucks. So i say we do and grab our qotf.

Thoughts?
                        I think the draft is good and i think you mortgage the farm for Locker. Heck i saw about 4 or 5 second rounders just on the USC team the other night:

Kris Odowd
                        Shareece Wright (hate that little troll)
                        Allan bradford
                        Ronald Johnson
                        Jurrell Casey
                        Tyron Smith

Comment

Starting to warm to the idea of Lynch if he can keep his off the field antics in check. Should free up Pete to address some other more pressing needs in the draft.

Comment

Well he is a pro bowler on the field. It's just the stuff off of it that is the major issue...
                            Video games keep me sane

Comment

Probably not a pro bowler with that line but yeah he needs to stay out of Pioneer SQ. and West Seattle and maybe he'll have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information