• Show
Clear All

this place is dead

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
    Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

Originally posted by HawkEye30 View Post
      this place is dead
      No one comes in here anymore it's too crowded.

Jake's pro-day tomorrow, lovely weather par for the course. I see he has Goodwin and Sylvester as two of his receivers, not exactly going to make anyone forget about Rice and Taylor that's for sure.

Comment

Who is your favorite non QB prospect in the draft that you want the hawks to pick at 25? Personally I love Danny Watkins. He's old. But he can step in at LG and be an above average starter.

Comment

Watkins will be 27 in the fall so i would probably look at him in the second not the first. I personally like a couple of guys who's stock has slipped a little like Cameron Heyward and Adrian Clayborn. On the O-line i would look at Carimi or Castonzo if they were there.

Comment

Noticed Pete was at the UW pro day on wednesday, of course he didnt have very far to commute. He probably heard there was free coffee and doughnuts.

Thought the guys did pretty well today. Mason looked good after an abysmal first 40, Goodwin ran a 4.5 and caught everything he got his hands on.

Jake was near flawless, if there were doubts about his accuracy i think he has answered that, thus it is extremely doubtful he will be there at #25.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
              Jake was near flawless, if there were doubts about his accuracy i think he has answered that, thus it is extremely doubtful he will be there at #25.
              Dammit. I watched his Oregon State and USC games recently, and he looks tremendous in both of those, both opponents being ranked at the time they played. He looks above the competition against a couple of pretty solid teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                Noticed Pete was at the UW pro day on wednesday, of course he didnt have very far to commute. He probably heard there was free coffee and doughnuts.

Thought the guys did pretty well today. Mason looked good after an abysmal first 40, Goodwin ran a 4.5 and caught everything he got his hands on.

Mike Lombardi and Charlie Casserly beg to differ. Haha. I really wonder why NFLN had to send these hacks here while sending Mayock to every other pro day. I know I have a bit of bias with Jake but Lombardi is unbearable. He keeps saying Jake is going to take time to develop and he's not worth a 1st rounder while hyping Newton in the top 5 and saying he can Vince Young it his first year despite the fact that he needs similar time to develop. I was secretly hoping he would end up as the 9ers GM so that I could laugh at divisional rivals expense.

The USC game this year is one of my favorite games of Jake. The Touchdown to pass to Aguilar was awesome. Terrific fake, Nice mobility and just great touch and arm strength.

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1223 View Post
                  Mike Lombardi and Charlie Casserly beg to differ. Haha. I really wonder why NFLN had to send these hacks here while sending Mayock to every other pro day. I know I have a bit of bias with Jake but Lombardi is unbearable. He keeps saying Jake is going to take time to develop and he's not worth a 1st rounder while hyping Newton in the top 5 and saying he can Vince Young it his first year despite the fact that he needs similar time to develop. I was secretly hoping he would end up as the 9ers GM so that I could laugh at divisional rivals expense.

The USC game this year is one of my favorite games of Jake. The Touchdown to pass to Aguilar was awesome. Terrific fake, Nice mobility and just great touch and arm strength.
                  I was surprised Lombardi was there talking with Jake after the workout. It's almost like politics where no matter what the kid does it is criticised. They're saying today over at NFL network that the workout was too easy, that's what they're supposed to be guys. Imagine if he didnt have a good day, i guess he would have been down at Costco this morning looking for a job.

The other little dig i've heard is there werent any head coaches there besides Pete. Fact of the matter is the Trojans had their pro-day yesterday, given a choice i'd be in the sun in southern Cal myself. He's had or has scheduled workouts with the Bills, Vikings, Titans (today) Jags, Phins and Seahawks, that i know of.

Comment

Elsewhere, I was the GM for Seattle and was hoping for some feedback as to how I did with their mock.

25. OG Mike Pouncey, Florida
                    57. WR Jonathan Baldwin, Pitt
                    99. CB Johnny Patrick, Louisville
                    156. DL Pernell McPhee, Miss State
                    157. QB Nathan Enderle, Idaho
                    173. FB Stanely Havili, USC
                    209. DT Martin Parker, Richmond
                    227. LB Josh Bynes, Auburn
                    242. OG Justin Boren, Ohio State

Be gentle.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                      Elsewhere, I was the GM for Seattle and was hoping for some feedback as to how I did with their mock.

Be gentle.
                      A+ if the top 3 QBs are gone, not a fan of Enderle but some of those picks like Baldwin, Havili and Patrick i like a lot.

Comment

Newton and Gabbert were gone. Locker went the next pick. My rationale was by getting Pouncey to help protect and Baldwin as a target, either Hasselbeck or Whitehurst would be in a much better situation. Enderle is a developmental type.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post

Be gentle.
                          It's difficult to screw up a Seahawks mock because they need help at every position aside from TE and RB.

Like Pouncey, love Patrick, the late-rounders are fine. Baldwin I don't think goes that high and I'm not sure they need to draft a receiver at all. Not a terrible pick though and definitely possible.
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Latest rumors are that we'd consider Andy Dalton in the first round, are also thinking about Jimmy Smith, and Peter King "wouldn't be surprised" if we took Mallett at #25.
                            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Mallett's rising for me. Andy Dalton in the first is a bit hard to process.

Comment

No to Dalton. Mallet I would be Ok with. Jimmy Smith is just too much of a pipedream to come true.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information