No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mallet I am ok with if the drug rumors are false and the leadership question marks aren't true.

I love the Seahawks mock as significant areas of need were hit in pretty much every round, with the exception of the LB in the 6th, which is kind of iffy, but special teams depth is always needed.
    Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, yall. My favorite teams are:
      1 Saints
      2 49ers
      3 Who ever is playing against Dallas

So taking over for Seattle helped me get to know some late round guys I may not usually look at and get to know one more team's needs a little bit better.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Pro Football Talk reporting that Jake has had good workouts with the Seahawks and the Vikings and the source (from the Vikings) said that he would be in play at the 12th pick.

The site did add that if the Vikes were saying that then it probably meant they werent really interested, love that kind of logic.

My opinion is he's more likely to end up in Minnesota than Seattle. Pete i think is stuck with the disastrous Charlie Whitehurst deal and it will take a year or two to move on from that. As of today i think Locker is more likely to end up in Tennessee (probably a trade down to the mid-1st) ,Washintgon, Minnesota or Jacksonville.

Comment

I don't see why Pete has to be stuck with Whitehurst, but Carolina isn't "stuck" with Clausen. Whitehurst didn't show anything to make us think he can be our long-term starter. It only makes the situation worse to deny this, and it's not like he hasn't had adequate time to develop while on the bench.

Comment

Yeah I agree, Whitehurst should not limit us in any way when it comes to making a decision about a QB of the future. Best case scenario Whitehurst actually develops into that franchise guy and if we took a QB early then we are left with a tradeable commodity in either the young QB or Whitehurst.

Worst case scenario is that neither one of them amounts to anything and we are stuck without a franchise QB, but we are already at that point right now...
            Video games keep me sane

Comment

can someone tell me why there is like no one left on this forum, and why it's been so dead in the off topic?

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
              Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

There aren't even that many applications for the forum mock either looking at the thread.

Comment

Probably because Scott's been slipping lately. Can't fault the man for having personal issues to deal with, but the site has definitely suffered.

A couple weeks from the start of the draft and there are still high round prospects without a scouting report. That can't help but send people searching elsewhere. Sometimes, they like what they find and stay.
                  My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
                    Probably because Scott's been slipping lately. Can't fault the man for having personal issues to deal with, but the site has definitely suffered.

A couple weeks from the start of the draft and there are still high round prospects without a scouting report. That can't help but send people searching elsewhere. Sometimes, they like what they find and stay.
                    Scott's body of work has definitely gone down in the last two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                      Scott's body of work has definitely gone down in the last two years.
                      It's still the best place around for the draft i think, but a lot of the heavyweights have been moonlighting at a differant site.

A couple of weeks away from the draft and i have no idea which way Pete is leaning. Forget about Locker he's being projected as high as #8 now and i think he'll be long gone be #16. If the Hawks had not used that 3rd on Charlie or won that Rams game they probably could have got him but that is neither here nor there i guess.

Pete should just trade down a couple of times as i think the top 50 or so are bunched together pretty good.

Comment

• I have never been so clueless as to what were gonna do with our 1st pick. I guess its a good thing that we can pretty much pick any position. As to myself, I have pretty much concluded that locker will be gone by our pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abaddon View Post

I was just curious because one day half the people that post on here seemed to be gone. The only thing I heard was that the posted a link to another site, but I could be wrong on that one. If anyone knows what happened I would love a pm if possible.

Comment

• Yeah, unfortunately Scott hasn't done as much as he has previously...I miss those weekly draft chats they helped me learn a lot.

But as for our pick, personally I want to trade down, pick up some more picks, and start drafting BPA. Too many holes, not enough impact players.

QB would be nice, but I don't think taking Mallet at 25 is smart when he will likely be there at the beginning of the second round, unless Locker, Newton, Gabbert go really, really fast. Even then, there is no QB that I really think is worth a first round pick.

My viewpoint on Mallet is that of this group, he is the only one that I think could become an elite QB, BUT I can also see him becoming another Ryan Leaf. So would I take him in the first? No. But early second then yes. Something about 8 picks just takes so much pressure off of a player in terms of expectations.
                            Video games keep me sane

Comment

• According to NFL Network's Mike Lombardi, the Seahawks high enough on Ryan Mallett to strongly consider him at No. 25.
                              "(The Seahawks) have done a lot of work on him," Lombardi says. "There is a feeling that (the Seahawks) hope he gets down to their pick at 25. I think he does fit what they want to do offensively. He can run a pro style. They don’t feel the problems off the field are as bad as some people might suspect." It wouldn't be surprising if Seattle was willing to overlook some of Mallett's character concerns. They need a quarterback in the worst way.
                              Related: Seahawks
                              Source: NFL.com
                              Other rumors:

- We don't view Brandon Mebane as a building block. We only put a 3rd-round tender on him. DT may be addressed in the draft.

- We view Max Unger as a center and will let Chris Spencer go. This also leaves a hole at guard.

I'm fine with letting Spencer go but I do not want to give up on Mebane at all.
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• That Unger comment just makes me cringe. At least Spencer is solid there, he's not spectacular but he was our most consistent player on the OL last year. He will never be a Pro Bowler, but he is a starter.

I'm not sure if Unger is actually gonna amount to anything in the league. He has issues with his strength where he just gets pushed around. We'd have a lot clearer picture if Unger hadn't gotten hurt early this year.

I think that we're looking at more those hybrid 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE players. We need effective depth behind Red Bryant in the worse way. I don't think they are giving up on Mebane, but someone to put beside him that can actually take the offense's attention off of him on passing downs would be nice.
                                Video games keep me sane

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information