No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if Brandon Harris is a "franchise CB," but besides Nnamdi and Revis... who really is, you know? I just see him as a solid player in our secondary. I like that he tackles and bats a lot of balls. I still think he'd have some problems trying to cover Larry Fitzgerald. But I like the way he plays.

And to get Carson Palmer for a little more than we traded for Whitehurst... yeah. Let's do that. That sounds a hell of a lot better to me than drafting Mallett or Ponder or someone.

Basically, and I'll just say it again, I think at #25, with all our needs, we just ought to go BPA. I know we need O-linemen, I know we need D-lineman... but we can't fix it all at once. What we really, really need are some standout players at any position.

And Harris, Little and Carimi weren't really in a specific order, I'd be ok with any of them.

Comment

• Alright guys, it's gonna start soon. Here's hoping we don't completely **** this draft up! lol

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
      Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

• Harris isn't being mocked in the first by the best insiders. I doubt we consider him at #25.

I think we'll move. Probably down but possibly up.

I think we'll take a long, long look at Da'Quan Bowers if he falls.

I really have NO IDEA. There are so many possibilities I can't even come up with a list.

My final mock has us taking Ras-I Dowling. I guess I'll stick to that.
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• are you ******* kidding me? why did we not take bowers? fuckkkkkkkkk

Comment

• Who wants to tie a cinder block to their leg and jump into Lake Washington with me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cicero View Post
              Who wants to tie a cinder block to their leg and jump into Lake Washington with me?
              I'm right there with you man. What a terrible pick, such a reach.

Comment

• Welp. Hopefully tomorow will be better.

Comment

• I doubt he is an OT for us. I think they slide him into one of the G positions and he starts for us from day 1. Not a flashy pick, but he is someone who will come in and make an immediate improvement in the run game.

And the Seahawks are not the only ones to pass on Bowers. The fact that he fell all the way out of the 1st should tell you how serious his injury is.

I think the early run on QB's really screwed them over since no one wanted to move up into the late 1st. I mean the only team to move was NO for Ingram. Not a lot of options there.
                  Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

• I think two things upset us.

#1 - we were clearly trying to trade down and couldn't. That sucks. Bad, bad job. We didn't buzz the pick up enough. I fear the Saints weren't talking to us because they were mad WE SPANKED THEM.

#2 - The last time we took an interior OL in the first round we were told he was a sure thing and he was not only a bad use of a first rounder but was not good at all for a position of such little value. Now we are expected to embrace a guy at the same position who is NOT being billed as a "sure 10-year starting center"? It's tough for us to do that.

The fact is, we don't know. This kid could form a Jones-Hutch-like left side with Okung. We needed to build the OL. He's clearly talented. It's not sexy, it's not fun, but it's the type of pick we needed to make. I'm fine with the player and I'm hopeful he'll contribute for many years at guard.
                    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Just found out bower's injury is more serious than I knew it to be. My apologies. But I still think it was a bit of reach. However, if he can be solid for 10+ years i'll be fine.

Comment

• I just heard that Carpenter was rated higher than Carimi and Sherrod on the Packers boards.

He can also either play RT or LG. I personally see Carpenter as the LG for the next 5-10 years.

Also, I would still rather have Chris Spencer as our starting center over Max Unger. Unger is just too small to handle NT. He gets pushed around at G, whats going to happen when he has the NT right over the ball.

And I think the reason we couldn't trade down is that there was no one who was a great value pick. None of the QB's left were rated as 1st rounders. The elite DL men were gone. The only impact player left was Ingram and Smith. No one was going to trade up for Jimmy Smith, too much baggage. Ingram is a RB, if he falls to a more affordable position great, if not he's just another RB.
                        Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

• hopefully we address corner today

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkEye30 View Post
                            hopefully we address corner today
                            Two names to think about: Aqib Talib and Janoris Jenkins.
                            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• I wouldn't mind getting dowling though.

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                                Two names to think about: Aqib Talib and Janoris Jenkins.
                                My guess is if they wanted a knucklehead they would have taken Jimmy Smith. The two you mentioned are not worth the trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information