No announcement yet.

2011 Offseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one thing I don't like about Bob Sanders is that he is 30 years old, his body is breaking down on him, and his playstyle is not going to change.

We already have a big physical safety in Kam Chancellor that I would like to see if he has what it takes to be a full time starter in the NFL. We don't even know what he can do, but he has the potential to be a bigger Bob Sanders.

In other words, Kam Chancellor > Bob Sanders because of age, injuries.

And I agree that Doucet could be a huge grab if we could sign him. Even if he never is a #1 receiver, he has consistent hands and can occasionally break a big play. He would be a great compliment to BMW, and I think he has more talent than Obumanu.
    Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

Doucet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH9_SKcYjrk

He can really run after the catch. that playoff TD against GB is sick. He's built like a running back.

Comment

Guys who I would like to target in FA:

Marcel Reece
        Sidney Rice
        Lance Moore
        Steve Smith NYG
        Tyson Clabo
        David Baas
        Mathias Kiwanuka
        Barry Cofield
        George Wislon
        Eric Weddle

Those are all the guys I would really like to have/think there is at least a chance that we get them.

Originally posted by summond822 View Post
        The one thing I don't like about Bob Sanders is that he is 30 years old, his body is breaking down on him, and his playstyle is not going to change.

We already have a big physical safety in Kam Chancellor that I would like to see if he has what it takes to be a full time starter in the NFL. We don't even know what he can do, but he has the potential to be a bigger Bob Sanders.

In other words, Kam Chancellor > Bob Sanders because of age, injuries.

And I agree that Doucet could be a huge grab if we could sign him. Even if he never is a #1 receiver, he has consistent hands and can occasionally break a big play. He would be a great compliment to BMW, and I think he has more talent than Obumanu.
        Definitely don't want Bob Sanders. I love the guy but I don't want to pay him millions to spend most of the season on IR.
        Last edited by Cicero; 02-21-2011, 12:12 AM.

Comment

We just resigned Leon Washington to a 4 year $12.5 million contract. Can top out at $16 million.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/seah...on-Washington/
          Video games keep me sane

Comment

I like Leon a lot. Hopefully he can do enough for us over the next four years to end up being known as a Seahawk rather than an ex-Jet. I half-think people forget how good he was in New York because it's been a year and a half since he was a full-time offensive player. We need to find some more ways to get him on the field. I like all three of our running backs.

Comment

NFL.com saying the Raiders don't plan on re-signing Gallery, but that's because he wants $8 million a year. Frankly, I don't think I'd want to pay him that much, either.

Comment

I don't really care what money we spend in FA. Our owner won't not spend money on a FA we really need if we overpay a bit for a guy like Gallery (who is a known commodity and a safe signing).

There will be no cap anymore so I don't really care about overpaying. We overpaid for Leon but no big deal...
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Read another Kevin Kolb rumor the other day...

If we don't end up with a QB in the draft, I would not be surprised if we dealt our 2012 1st for him. Not sure how I'd feel about that. If we went like 3-13 I'd be devastated, so it would be a big risk.

It's also entirely possible that we could draft a player for the Eagles at #25 with plans to make the deal when it's allowed. I don't know when or if the media would catch wind of that type of agreement in principle (if it's allowed), but we could see something like that in this unique situation.
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                    Read another Kevin Kolb rumor the other day...

If we don't end up with a QB in the draft, I would not be surprised if we dealt our 2012 1st for him. Not sure how I'd feel about that. If we went like 3-13 I'd be devastated, so it would be a big risk.

It's also entirely possible that we could draft a player for the Eagles at #25 with plans to make the deal when it's allowed. I don't know when or if the media would catch wind of that type of agreement in principle (if it's allowed), but we could see something like that in this unique situation.
                    Not sure that Kolb would be much of an upgrade over Charlie to be honest and then you'd have given up two decent draft picks for two guys that arent getting you to the superbowl. I guess expectations have been lowered so much that even these guys start looking good.

I thought you said you like Locker now, or was that during some sort of beer binge you were on?

Comment

The problem with Kolb is that he has started what 13 games? The Eagles want 2 first rounders for him.

Not worth it in my opinion. I mean he had the starting QB job handed to him this year and lost it. Granted it was to Michael Vick who played at an elite level, but still, two first rounders for a career backup? No thanks.

And this team has so many holes, we can't afford to give up a first rounder right now...
                      Video games keep me sane

Comment

Originally posted by summond822 View Post
                        The problem with Kolb is that he has started what 13 games? The Eagles want 2 first rounders for him.

Not worth it in my opinion. I mean he had the starting QB job handed to him this year and lost it. Granted it was to Michael Vick who played at an elite level, but still, two first rounders for a career backup? No thanks.

And this team has so many holes, we can't afford to give up a first rounder right now...
                        I guess technically 13 starts is 13 more than any rookie QB would have. To me his lack of a strong arm or any great physical presence is more telling.

Comment

If you connect the dots it's logical to assume that we've already offered #25 for Kevin Kolb.
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

There was a rumor that someone had offered a #1 for Kolb so i guess there is at least a 1 in 31 chance it's Seattle.

Kolb would probably be a less mobile Christian Ponder so i would just as soon they go with the young guy if they are going to take a QB at #25.

Comment

I just hope this drives up the price and another team offers a better 1. That means one of the top 4 QBs have a better chance of dropping down.

Comment

Wishful thinking I'm sure, but I'd like to get rid of Whitehurst and at least recoup a 4th or 5th for him before the draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information