Clear All

• The Official 2008 Rams Free Agency Thread

Unrestricted Free Agents
    OG Milford Brown
    C Andy McCollum
    SLB Raonall Smith
    TE Aaron Walker

Restricted Free Agents
    S Oshiomongho Atogwe - First Round Tender (2/27)
    DE Trevor Johnson - Untendered (2/28)

Signed/Resigned Players
    -2/12/08: Signed K Justin Medlock (Chiefs)
    -2/20/08: Resigned RB Travis Minor
    -2/29/08: Signed K Josh Brown (Seahawks)
    -3/3/08: Signed LG Jacob Bell (Titans)
    -3/6/08: Signed TE Anthony Becht (Buccaneers)
    -3/6/08: Resigned OL Adam Goldberg
    -3/7/08: Resigned OL Brandon Gorin
    -3/10/08: Signed QB Trent Green (Dolphins)
    -3/12/08: Resigned S Jerome Carter
    -3/21/08: Signed CB David Macklin (Redskins)
    -3/21/08: Resigned C Brett Romberg

Released Players
    -2/28/08: Released QB Gus Frerotte
    -2/28/08: Released WR Isaac Bruce
    -2/29/08: Released DE James Hall
    Last edited by NGSeiler; 03-21-2008, 10:01 PM.

Well, I guess I will be the first person to respond in this thread. The only guys I would really like to see come back from that group are Chillar, Atogwe, and Romberg I guess. Atgowe is the only of those guys I would consider a major loss though.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

I was reading in the new sporting news that the Rams are going to be slow when bringing in new Free Agents, but they are targeting Alen Faneca OG. He is one of the best interior lineman in the game and that would give us a big road grader to follow up front.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

They won't get a shot at Faneca unless they work a cap miracle. Looks like they're only about $7 million under the cap and will likely need at least $5 million for the rookie pool. Atogwe's tender will take up space so hopefully they can get another deal worked out. Rams fans need to prepare themselves for a conservative free agency.

Comment

The Rams don't have much wiggle room with the cap. I really don't expect them to land the best FA at any position. They will most likely target depth. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Rams don't get any starters from FA. They are basically in cap hell this season. These are the main culprits (questionably high cap hits):

Orlando Pace- 8.2 million cap hit......should try to force restructure due to season ending injuries in two consecutive games, if he won't then they should consider releasing him
          Isaac Bruce- 5.333 million cap hit.....fan fav, he must stay
          Leonard Little- 10.033 million cap hit.............I would personally consider forcing a restructure or releasing him
          La'Roi Glover- 4.5 million hit.....played well, but high price for a guy who ideally won't be starting
          Corey Chavous- 3.8 million cap hit..........he is atrocious, paying him anything seems like a rip
          Marshall Faulk and Jermetrius Butler are still getting checks from the Rams as well, a combined 3.36 million

Plus the Rams had better get to work on signing Jackson long term, his contract is up after next year. So yeah, I don't expect a lot of action from the Rams in FA unless they cut some guys, particularly the big hits of Pace or Little.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Glover and Chavous should be released, both are on their way out anyways. If the Rams could restructure some of the others then we should have a descent FA.

Comment

Atogwe has been given the first round tender offer as a restricted free agent. First post edited to reflect that.

Yahoo Sports is also reporting the Rams will release QB Gus Frerotte.

Comment

Bruce and Frerotte are gone and the Rams are now 17 million under the cap. They might be able to make a move here or there to get some help, but Getting Jackson's contract down might come easier now.

Comment

Two news articles today

Jeff Wilkins Retires & James Hall is released

(Wilkins)
                  http://io.stlouisrams.com/article/67103

(Hall)
                  http://io.stlouisrams.com/article/67106

Comment

Rams will be replacing Wilkins with Josh Brown...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...1?OpenDocument

Comment

Tubby will be soooooo pissed

Comment

It looks like the Rams are making room for nothing. Most of the big name DL guys are all gone and the OL FA list is getting smaller and smaller. Why make cap room if were going to miss out on FA.

Comment

Ooooooh, I will get my chance to kill Josh Brown!

Comment

Can you guys tell me a little bit about Brandon Chillar because it looks like he is coming in for a visit is he a good pass rusher, does he fit in a 3-4? is he more of a depth guy or can he become a good player with the right system and coaching?

Comment

I'd like us to go after jake scott but it appears jacob bell is our target
                              Mizzou #4

I want Kenny Phillips, Glen Dorsey, Chris Long, or Calias Campbell

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information