Rams part ways with receiver Isaac Bruce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams part ways with receiver Isaac Bruce

Thought this was deserving of its own thread because of it being Bruce and all.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/67098/

Very sad day as a fan, but football is a business and I guess Saunders didn't make the strong push to keep Bruce that many thought he'd make. Maybe the Rams can get him resigned to a new deal like they did a few years ago, but I'm not holding my breath.

Wouldn't be shocked to see the Rams go WR in the second round now. They need some youth and speed at the position.

I'm pretty shocked that this happened. He's probably the player I associate with the St. Louis Rams. I think he should retire that way. I hope they can bring him back. He's just one of those lifer guys that as a fan you want to keep in one uniform (like Tedy Bruschi for me).

Comment

Maybe Desean Jackson to STL? Kinda sad they released him, i felt the same way about henderson who was GB's FB for a decade

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

There's talk that the Rams want to get a bit more size at WR. Of course, this was pre-Al Saunders, so I'm not sure where things stand.

It wouldn't surprise me if, after Bruce investigates things, he comes on back.

Of course, it could also mean Issac, come on down, the price is right in San Francisco with Martz, who is looking for a guy to fit and be a mentor.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
          There's talk that the Rams want to get a bit more size at WR. Of course, this was pre-Al Saunders, so I'm not sure where things stand.

It wouldn't surprise me if, after Bruce investigates things, he comes on back.

Of course, it could also mean Issac, come on down, the price is right in San Francisco with Martz, who is looking for a guy to fit and be a mentor.
          well saunders never had tall WR's in WAS

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I will shank someone if Bruce ends up in San Fran, Im already pissed we released him.
            I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

The Last of the L.A. Rams. It's tough to see him go, but you gotta move on at some point. Any where but San Francisco.

Tha Rams are now 17 million under the cap.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                There's talk that the Rams want to get a bit more size at WR.
                That's what Drew Bennett was for, though. The Rams currently need more speed at the position; no one to stretch the field at present. They should be able to find some good value at the position at the top of the second round - maybe a Devin Thomas, DeSean Jackson, or Andre Caldwell.

Comment

Sad to see him go but last year the let him go then resigned him i dont think it will happen this year, we need to draft a WR in the first 3 rounds cuz Holt is over halfway through his career and Bennett and hall are not the long time answer

Comment

Hopefully he won't get any good offers on the market and come back, but I doubt it. He is the best WR available as far as skill besides Moss right now. Berrian may be more wanted because of age though. So Isaac, if you are reading this, since you do check this site so often, please come back. It would just be an icky awkward feeling to see him in another uni.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information