No announcement yet.

Rams' 2008 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rams take Toledo OL John Greco in the third round. He has potential at tackle and guard, and adding another guy to the interior line probably allows the Rams to feel more comfortable about moving Setterstrom inside to center.

Comment

I like the John Greco pick, i watched him during the Senior Bowl and he did great, he played both OT and OG so he can be moved. For our next pick we need a DB and LB I can see Erin Henderson or Tyvon Branch/Justin King at pick #101

Comment

Justin King was our #101 selection out of Penn State (Cornerback)

Comment

So, I was in a wedding yesterday so I was kind of out of the loop for a day, and what a day I missed out on. Chris Long was a great pick, nothing wrong there. Donnie Avery is really fast and a good return man. He isn't as polished as Desean Jackson, but at least he is tall enough to develop into a number one or two receiver instead of a lifetime slot guy. Greco adds versatility and depth to the OL,which is always a good thing. Justin King is a headcase but can be a great corner if someone can develop him. If Haslett can do to King what he has supposedly done to wroten, we have a franchise corner sitting in our laps.
          NFL- St. Louis Rams

NCAA- FSU

Tulane football will be bowling next year

Comment

Greco will be used at every position on the line.
            Last edited by freebirdsrams02; 04-27-2008, 11:10 AM.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

The Justin King pick is the steal of the round. He should have gone the beginning of the third round. It seems the Rams might be going the best player on the board and thats what they need to be doing. So far i like our draft.

Comment

4th Round, Pick 128- Keenan Burton, WR, Kentucky

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
                  4th Round, Pick 128- Keenan Burton, WR, Kentucky
                  I personally don't like the pick, we have bigger needs then just WR, also we traded up to get him, overall not the best selection

Comment

Burton I believe was in Rick Gosselin's top 100, making him good value there. When healthy, there's a lot to like about him as a WR capable of going over the middle. Rams still committed to getting younger at receiver with Avery and Burton.

Trading up for OG Roy Schuening was a good move as well. More depth to the O-line with a guy who potentially could have gone a round or two higher.

Just two seventh rounders left.

Comment

I think overall the Rams had a great draft. I was also sketchy when they jumped up to take Burton, but we never know whats going to happen. There is still some good players left that did not get drafted. Here are a few I like:

Ali Highsmith LB LSU
                      Tommy Blake DE TCU
                      Paul Smith QB Tulsa
                      Darius Reynaud WR West Virginia
                      Erin Henderson OLB Maryland
                      Marcus Griffin S Texas

Comment

Rams sign Brandon McAnderson FB as an UDFA

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2008/a...frenzy_begins/

It's a solid pickup, he could stick.