Nov. 9 @ New York Jets
    Nov. 16 @ San Francisco 49ers
    Nov. 23 vs. CHICAGO BEARS
    Nov. 30 vs. MIAMI DOLPHINS
    Dec. 7 @ Arizona Cardinals
    Dec. 14 vs. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
    Dec. 21 vs. SAN FRANCISCO
    Dec. 28 @ Atlanta Falcons

The first 7 games of the season will make or break us. If they can go 3-4 through the first 7 games they have an excellent shot at making the playoffs.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

I'd love to more than 3-4 in the first seven games, but I agree we will have a great chance if we get that record after 7.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI

Comment

How is Orlando Pace looking so far this year? Is he back to his old self yet? The last 2 years have dissapointed me big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
          How is Orlando Pace looking so far this year? Is he back to his old self yet? The last 2 years have dissapointed me big time.

From everything I've read it sounds like he's coming along nicely from last years injury.

Comment

I haven't read a camp report that has mentioned him getting beat yet. He's not participating in one-on-one pass rushing drills yet but has taken some snaps in other drills. They're being cautious but he supposedly looks good so far.

Comment

What defensive scheme do the Rams run?

Because if they run a traditional 4-3 defense, I think they are putting guys out of posistion on the defensive line.

Leonard Little is more of a pass rusher, yet the Rams have him starting at LE which is a spot for more powerful run stopping guys like Trevor Pryce and Micheal Strahan. Leonard Little type DEs (Osi, Trent Cole), i.e. guys that are faster and are better pass rushers usually start at RE.

Adam Carriker who is more of a UT type player is playing NT, which is for bigger stronger run stuffing type guys. Carriker came into the NFL as a DE which leads me to believe he is a UT guy, a guy that penetrates and rushes the passer more than the NT.

Chris Long who is a all around DE, who is more of a LE IMO is playing RE. Chris Long is more of a strongside guy because of the fact that he is a good run stopping guy.

The Rams need a NT like Jeff Owens or Al Woods in next years draft to allow Carriker to move to UT. The Rams should switch Chris Long and Leonard Little around.

Comment

The Rams' line as it relates to the DEs is basically switched, with their best pass rusher on the right side and the all-around guy in Long/James Hall on the left. Right or wrong, that's how it is. The Rams aren't the only team in the league to have that alignment either.

The Rams also viewed Carriker as a guy who could play the nose from the first day they drafted him, though they concede he'll likely have a better career as a three-technique tackle. If Clifton Ryan continues to emerge as a capable nose tackle, and he'll get more time in the rotation this season, then Carriker will see more time at the UT spot. But they're not going to move him over without a replacement, so Ryan will have to continue to step up.

Comment

Any new news on Jackson?

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

Originally posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
                    Any new news on Jackson?
                    Nope. Antoino Pittman is going to tear it up this season.

Comment

Originally posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
                      Any new news on Jackson?
                      Nope. If the other RB's continue to perform it will put pressure on Jackson to come back though. He will also devastate my fantasy football team if he doesn't play. I think that both Jackson and the FO are combining to be stupid here. I do side with Jackson on the contract dispute because if the contract has very little guaranteed money or is extremely backloaded the Rams could cut him and Jackson not see hardly any of the cash. The problem is his stance of not coming to camp until he has a new contract, and the FO saying no new contract until he is in camp. I think it's become more of a stubbornish issue from both sides than a contract dispute. Jackson should look at Bulger, he thought about holding out but came to camp and the team took care of him.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
                        Jackson should look at Bulger, he thought about holding out but came to camp and the team took care of him.
                        Actually Bulger technically did hold out, as he missed the team's first mandatory meeting of training camp last year.

That being said, I would be really surprised if Jackson's holdout lasts into the season. He acknowledged in May that this was a contract year and he had to play well.

Comment

Thoughts from the third preseason game?

I haven't yet watched the whole thing, it's on my DVR right now. But it looks as though the offense found a rhythm, thanks to some solid pass protection and Bulger hooking up with Holt, Burton, and Avery.

I'll be excited to see how those elements are improved when Jackson gets on the field as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
                            Thoughts from the third preseason game?

I haven't yet watched the whole thing, it's on my DVR right now. But it looks as though the offense found a rhythm, thanks to some solid pass protection and Bulger hooking up with Holt, Burton, and Avery.

I'll be excited to see how those elements are improved when Jackson gets on the field as well.
                            I think the team looked excellent in the 3rd game. Bulger looked much much better, the defense was great, Burton and Avery looked spectaculr (Burton inparticular), the O-line was very solid, and the running game looked good. One area of concern was the kickoff coverage, there were some long returns against them.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Marques Hagans cut.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information