Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams trade for Ronald Curry

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/aro...-ronald-curry/

The Rams have added some much-needed experience _ and size _ to their wide receiver corps. League sources told the Post-Dispatch on Wednesday that the team has acquired WR Ronald Curry from the Detroit Lions in a trade for defensive tackle Orien Harris.
    Nice deal. Curry gives the Rams a solid veteran Receiver.

This must be a good sign for Northcutt or Derrick Williams.

Comment

Seems like a good move to me. The Rams had a bit of a logjam at DT and needed some depth at WR. A top four corps of Avery, Robinson, Burton, and Curry looks pretty decent to me.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

If he can stay healthy, Curry can be a nice receiver. Too bad he probably never will manage to stay on the field.

Comment

See, Rams fans? St. Louis found a way to draft an OT in the first round AND end up with Curry! Amazing!!

All kidding aside, if healthy, Curry has about as much chance as anyone else as winning the Rams' #2 receiver job. Looks like a good deal to me, as Harris did not have the same kind of odds as contributing at his position in such a fashion.

Comment

I think Avery is pretty much set as the number one receiver, but I like what the Rams are doing for the the 2-5 spots. It was obvious it would be difficult for the Rams to transform their WR corps into a perceived strength (I say perceived because I feel they could be a strength) in this one offseason. So having a bunch of guys competing for the active roster just makes sense. I would think that out of Robinson, Burton, Curry, Stanley, and the others that we will be able to find reliable second and third guys.

Comment

nfrillman don't forget about Randy McMichael as a third receiving option.

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
                See, Rams fans? St. Louis found a way to draft an OT in the first round AND end up with Curry! Amazing!!

All kidding aside, if healthy, Curry has about as much chance as anyone else as winning the Rams' #2 receiver job. Looks like a good deal to me, as Harris did not have the same kind of odds as contributing at his position in such a fashion.
                I agree. It won't shock me to see him him the #2 job in camp if he can stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by tfry View Post
                  nfrillman don't forget about Randy McMichael as a third receiving option.
                  He will definitely be in the mix, especially considering that the Rams are presumably headed towards a more oriented short pass offense. I'm guessing he will be a more frequent target than our number 3 WR.

Comment

I've always liked Curry, supertalented guy. You didn't really have to give up anyone valuable to you either. Good deal.

Comment

great deal for us I loved Avery when he was in Oakland, hopefully he works out well for us

Comment

I like the deal for you guys. Curry, when healthy, can be a valuable WR and Orien Harris has never impressed me much.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Another good move by the Rams this off season.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information