The Official St. Louis Rams 2009 Training Camp/Pre-Season Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official St. Louis Rams 2009 Training Camp/Pre-Season Discussion Thread

Thought I'd start a new thread for training camp/pre-season discussion, and then we'll start a final topic for regular season discussion!

Starting us off, some news about some injuries. WRs Tim Carter and Brooks Foster have sustained injuries that could keep them out two weeks or so. Also, Marc Bulger banged his pinky finger in practice and is in line for an x-ray, though it does not sound serious.

WRs Carter & Foster news:

http://www.examiner.com/x-4388-St-Lo...-getting-worse

Bulger news:

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/aro...d-at-practice/

Just saw it on ESPN, Bulger is out a couple of weeks apparently. Its alright, we are still more than a couple weeks before the real season starts.

Comment

With Bulger out and Berlin banged up, Boller and Null are going to get a lot of snaps.

Is there any other QB in camp?

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

Originally posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
        With Bulger out and Berlin banged up, Boller and Null are going to get a lot of snaps.

Is there any other QB in camp?
        Nope. I imagine all three will get some good time on Friday. Null needs to be looked at further IMO, because he has shown some flashes in camp.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Rams brought in RB Ahman Green for a workout...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/08/19/rams...n-for-workout/

Comment

Ahman Green has nothing left.

Comment

Bring in Marvin Harrison, let him work with our young WR. At least he might have something left, Ahman Green wouldn't do anything for us.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

Originally posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
                Bring in Marvin Harrison, let him work with our young WR. At least he might have something left, Ahman Green wouldn't do anything for us.
                No team has even tried out Marvin Harrison. That should tell you something.

Bring in Warrick Dunn.

Comment

WR Brooks Foster out 6-8 weeks after foot surgery...

http://twitter.com/OneRamsWay/status/3479730623

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
                    WR Brooks Foster out 6-8 weeks after foot surgery...

http://twitter.com/OneRamsWay/status/3479730623
                    Blah that's disappointing. Guess you can count out this year. No way he sees much (if any) of the Field now.

Comment

loving the takeaways we are getting, big turn around from last year, but if we can win the turnover battle chances our we win more games, keep it up D

Comment

Tuesday News and Notes:

-Tye Hill traded to Atlanta for a 7th round pick

-TE Joe Klopfenstein among the players cut by the Rams

-WR Brooks Foster placed on IR

Comment

Tye Hill bust that sucks Joe Klopfenstein I always like because he went to Colorado, but he was a 2nd round pick and a bust as well, sucks that our picks didn't pan out like we all hoped

Comment

I must say I'm not at all suprised by Klopfenstein getting cut. He just never showed anything. He was constantly getting pushed around while blocking and never became a receiving threat. As for Hill, I didn't expect him to get traded but definitely thought this was his last chance in St. Louis.

So, how sweet is that 2006 draft class looking now? We could have had Jay Cutler, Haloti Ngata, Chad Greenway, Santonio Holmes, DeMeco Ryans, or any number of other good young players............but nah, we'll go with Tye "Which way should I face?" Hill. At least in the second round we only missed out on Marcus McNeil, Greg Jennings, Anthony Fasano, Devin Hester, Tony Scheffler, Maurice Jones-Drew, and several other good young guys. But do not fret, the Rams still have Adeyanju and Setterstrom from that draft class........splendid.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

lol we could of had Antonio Cromartie over Tye Hill.

Oh well, no sense in looking at past drafts and seeing how horrible the Rams have done. I don't look at things in my past and think what I should of done differently. I just move forward.

I love what Spags is doing, get rid of that dead weight. Who cares if yyour a 1st round pick or an Undrafted Free Agent, if your good your going to play, if your not, take a seat. Love hearing Gary Gibson may start over Adam Carriker.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information