The Official St. Louis Rams 2009 Season Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
    Well, I guess it's time to see what Larry Grant can bring to the table as a SAM linebacker. Hopefully this is a position they plan to upgrade in the offseason, though.
    Sean Weatherspoon baby!!

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
      Sean Weatherspoon baby!!
      if we can get him in the early 2nd round that would be great

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
        if we can get him in the early 2nd round that would be great
        Obviously.

Comment

Obviously.
          you ever think of changing your username, knowing that both Holt & Bruce are not on our team?

Comment

I don't think avery_robinson17 has quite the same ring to it. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
              you ever think of changing your username, knowing that both Holt & Bruce are not on our team?
              How dare you sir! :)

Comment

If we took Weatherspoon in the 2nd would you say moving Witherspoon back to MIKE and Lauraniatus to SAM or Witherpoon to SAM and keeping Lauraniatus at MIKE?
                I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

Originally posted by rockio42 View Post
                  If we took Weatherspoon in the 2nd would you say moving Witherspoon back to MIKE and Lauraniatus to SAM or Witherpoon to SAM and keeping Lauraniatus at MIKE?
                  Weatherspoon SLB, Lauraniatis MLB, Witherspoon WLB

Comment

Weatherspoon SLB, Lauraniatis MLB, Witherspoon WLB
                    Why do it like that, Weatherspoon is a prototypical playmaking WLB...

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

Originally posted by rockio42 View Post
                      Why do it like that, Weatherspoon is a prototypical playmaking WLB...
                      He's best suited for Weak Side but he can play Strong Side where I'm not sure Witherspoon can and they won't move Lauranitis out of the middle.

Comment

He's best suited for Weak Side but he can play Strong Side where I'm not sure Witherspoon can and they won't move Lauranitis out of the middle.
                        hmmm my opinion is that although Witherpsoon is better at WLB I think he has shown the ability to be able to play off blocks (though not as good as most) from his time at ILB and is obviously quick and athletic enough to stick to TE's man-to-man and drop into a nice zone. As much as I want a guy from Mizzou like Weatherspoon I cannot picture him being being an amazing fit to this team if Witherspoon can't play SLB.

Comment

lol the Rams are the worst team I've ever seen.

Comment

lol the Rams are the worst team I've ever seen.
                            No, u are starting to talk like me............thats not good. But 35-0, granted losing 35-0 to a team that will win our division this year isn't....well it is awful. But we did play a good defensive first half.

Comment

Defense played a very solid game. The 35-0 score doesn't do them justice. The offense is, simply put, abysmal. For the third year in a row, changing quarterbacks doesn't appear to be the silver bullet. There are significant weaknesses in other areas of the offense - protection, talent at WR, playcalling - that are holding this team back more than the passer. The Rams may find themselves in a position to draft the new face of their franchise this April, but without improvements to the unit around him, I don't expect the results to be significantly different. Hopefully we'll see some improvements as the year goes on - I thought the Rams improved from Week 1-2, and then into the first half of Week 3 - and then they can continue to weed out players during the offseason as the rebuild continues.

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
                                Defense played a very solid game. The 35-0 score doesn't do them justice. The offense is, simply put, abysmal. For the third year in a row, changing quarterbacks doesn't appear to be the silver bullet. There are significant weaknesses in other areas of the offense - protection, talent at WR, playcalling - that are holding this team back more than the passer. The Rams may find themselves in a position to draft the new face of their franchise this April, but without improvements to the unit around him, I don't expect the results to be significantly different. Hopefully we'll see some improvements as the year goes on - I thought the Rams improved from Week 1-2, and then into the first half of Week 3 - and then they can continue to weed out players during the offseason as the rebuild continues.
                                I don't understand the Offense. The little 2-3 yard passes started three years ago when Linehan got here, and at the time I just thought my god Linehan is a horrible Play caller.

But now the Rams are doing the same thing and if you watch the Detroit Lions (Where Linehan is the OC) they actually throw downfield a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information