The Official St. Louis Rams 2009 Season Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my feeling on the game as a whole:

1st of all the offensive play calling IMO is horrible, it's too predictable, we need to get the ball more to Donnie Avery & that does not just mean on a screen pass, I know Kyle Boller was running the team this weak, but I agree that Bulger gives the better chance to win if there is a chance to win. the play calling seem to go like this every series,

1st down: Rush with S-Jax, if we get 3+ yards we run it again on 2nd
    2nd down: play action fake but the o-line doesn't hold there blocks and the QB if forced to throw it away or take a sack
    3rd down: If it's 3rd & Long then we run the draw play, if anything else we run a Shotgun Pass play
    4th down: Donnie Jones Punt

overall Our D is improving bit by bit, our D is missing some players and so i was happy to see Wade & King get some game time experience, Our Offense needs to to pick it up big time, we already have 4 games under our belt this season & we can not afford to go to long without a win or at least a close game

Comment

Wanted to wish you all a good injury free game tomorrow. Its actaully televised here in Indiana, i was sorta shocked. lol

Comment

Thanks! You too! I'm actually about to head over to the dome, should be a good game. Possibly a trap game, Jackson always has a coming out party against Top Defenses. Go Rams!
        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

DT Gary Gibson suffers broken ankle. Per Spagnuolo he will have surgery and miss the season.
          Per the Rams' website's Twitter account.

Comment

Defense played quite well I felt today for most part, and so did our non red zone offense. Bulger had a perfect passer rating, so that was refreshing to see. Uh, a 28 point loss doesn't look all that great I realize, but I did see some positives playing against a pretty damn good Viking team.

Comment

There were some positives, yes. Remove the turnovers from the equation, and the Rams probably would have been pretty competitive through the game. This team just needs to find a way to minimize mistakes. I like their chances in Jacksonville next week.

Comment

If you guys have not checked out your coaching staff I suggest you do that. There is a reason you guys look terrible this year.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

Without getting too political, what would you guys think if Rush was to buy the team??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    If you guys have not checked out your coaching staff I suggest you do that. There is a reason you guys look terrible this year.
                    Spagnuolo is five games into his first year as a head coach. Some of these problems are going to take time (and probably some roster moves) to resolve, but I think he's on the right track.

If there's a coach that's probably on the hot seat for the Rams right now, it's Pat Shurmur, the offensive coordinator. While the playcalling was better against Minnesota, he's been far too conservative IMO prior to that.

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                    Without getting too political, what would you guys think if Rush was to buy the team??
                    I would be disappointed.

Comment

Ex-Ram Cullen Bryant dies

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                        I woulda hated it, and that has nothing to do with the differences in opinion I have with Rush. There were a lot of players coming out they would not play for the Rams if Rush was part owner, and maybe that is a bit unfair to Rush, but it seemed that players would not want to play for him.

Comment

Doesn't make much of a difference now, he's been removed from the Checketts ownership group that's bidding on the team.

Comment

I hope the Rumors are true and Marshall Faulk is taking Rush's place in the ownership Bid!

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                              I hope the Rumors are true and Marshall Faulk is taking Rush's place in the ownership Bid!
                              That would be much better and way less controversy.

Comment

Good game guys. You bastards fought, but you still lost. Bad mojo in that organization

by BoneKrusher
                                <DG> how metal unseen
                                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information