No announcement yet.

The Official St. Louis Rams 2009 Season Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat Shurmur needs to be fired. He is awful. I do not know enough about football where I should be able to read what play we were running. First down was Jackson up the middle, second down was get the ball in Avery or Amedola's hands and hope they can run forever, and third down was dump pass usually. It was pathetic.....there was no change to it. And then when we finally tried to switch it up Boller threw a pick, but thats prolly cuz he isn't prepared enough. Ugh....

Comment

yes I agree, we need a good offensive coordinator this guy isn't going to work long term find some1 good Spags

Comment

Running Back DeDe Dorsey is visiting Rams Park today.

I hope the Rams sign him, he would be a better backup option to Steven than what we currently have. He has some nice speed.

Comment

...yeah, that was embarrassing.

Comment

A Rams loss or Lions win in Week 17 guarantees St. Louis the first pick in the 2010 draft.

Comment

Guess who's the most penalized player in the NFL through eleven weeks?
              As of week 15 I think my boy J. Trueblood holds that honor...

I'm a Buc's fan and was wondering what you guys think the chance of the Rams picking a QB? We are hoping that Suh or G. McCoy fall to us but it dosn't look like that is going to happen unless you guys pick a QB....

Anyways Good luck...

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

Originally posted by KennyG View Post
                As of week 15 I think my boy J. Trueblood holds that honor...

I'm a Buc's fan and was wondering what you guys think the chance of the Rams picking a QB? We are hoping that Suh or G. McCoy fall to us but it dosn't look like that is going to happen unless you guys pick a QB....

Anyways Good luck...
                The people making the decisions at Rams Park don't strike me as the kind who buy into the "You have to take a QB because you need one" logic that some mock-makers use. This is obviously a team that needs a QB of the future, don't get me wrong. I just don't think they're inclined to pass on a talent like Suh to take either of these two passers as they stand now. I'm intrigued by Clausen but I don't think he's worth the first overall pick. Bradford could be if healthy, but multiple injuries to his throwing shoulder are concerning. I simply have a hard time seeing this team pass on Suh for either of these QBs, but if Bradford can throw this offseason and looks sharp with good arm strength, the scales may tip a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
                  The people making the decisions at Rams Park don't strike me as the kind who buy into the "You have to take a QB because you need one" logic that some mock-makers use. This is obviously a team that needs a QB of the future, don't get me wrong. I just don't think they're inclined to pass on a talent like Suh to take either of these two passers as they stand now. I'm intrigued by Clausen but I don't think he's worth the first overall pick. Bradford could be if healthy, but multiple injuries to his throwing shoulder are concerning. I simply have a hard time seeing this team pass on Suh for either of these QBs, but if Bradford can throw this offseason and looks sharp with good arm strength, the scales may tip a bit.
                  i couldn't say it any better...another point is that drafting Suh would free up a lot of new packages (a lot like what he did in New York) with Long and Carriker...also a guy like Tony Pike or Colt McCoy in the second make a QB at #1 a little less likely...i hope
                  I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

I would jump for joy if we could get Pike in the 2nd. IMO he's the 2nd best Quarterback in the draft behind Bradford.

And I totally agree with you guys on the Quarterback situation. I don't understand why people seem to think the only way you can get a Franchise Quarterback is if you take on in the 1st round.

I think there's about 15 or 16 NFL teams whos starting Quarterback was not a 1st round selection.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                      I would jump for joy if we could get Pike in the 2nd. IMO he's the 2nd best Quarterback in the draft behind Bradford.

And I totally agree with you guys on the Quarterback situation. I don't understand why people seem to think the only way you can get a Franchise Quarterback is if you take on in the 1st round.

I think there's about 15 or 16 NFL teams whos starting Quarterback was not a 1st round selection.
                      Yeah, once Locker decided to return I am with u guys and even with Locker I was still kinda on the fence. But the big 12 title game and seeing more highlights of Suh defntly changed my mind. I think he is the man worth taking #1. Claussen and Bradford maybe good players one day in the NFL, but I do not think they are #1 overall picks at this juncture. Plus, Pike shold be there in the second, possibly McCoy. I think those would be solid guys to tak a look at, but right now I think Suh is a no brainer at #1.

Comment

• Dream scenario?

Tampa falls in love with Suh and offers us their 1st and 2nd(from Chicago) for the 1st overall pick :)

But it's highly unlikely.

Comment

Dream scenario?

Tampa falls in love with Suh and offers us their 1st and 2nd(from Chicago) for the 1st overall pick :)

But it's highly unlikely.

That depends on how far down Gerald McCoy is on Tampa list. With two DT in the top 5, a team like Tampa won't give up to much to move up for Suh. Suh is a lot better than McCoy but by how much and is it worth giving up picks. If the Rams got McCoy and extra picks that would be great to.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

The more I think about it, the more I'm not completely sold on Pike as a second rounder, to be honest. I worry about how well he holds up, because he seems pretty lanky for a guy his size. I also worry about his arm strength. I'm anxious to see how he throws at the Senior Bowl and combine.

If both are available in round two, I'd probably lean McCoy at this point. But I want to see his performances this offseason as well. It'd be nice if the Rams could coach the Senior Bowl this year, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Comment

• 49ers just went up 27-6 with a little over two minutes to go in the game. So, barring an astonishing comeback by the Rams, St. Louis will officially have the first pick in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information