Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official St. Louis Rams 2010 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seiler,

    I completely agree about Bradford. I just don't have a good feeling about him as my guy. I think he is damaged goods. One analyst at the combine said it best when he sid something to the affect that the media is saying the Rams have to take a QB at #1 because they don't have a franchise QB, and that is absolutely the reason why they should not take one. If they are in love with the guy then that is one thing. But they shouldn't take one in the name of having a franchise QB. Quite frankly, I do think Bradford and Clausen would make great franchise QB's...Bradford in Washington and Clausen in Buffalo.

    So the more I think about it the more I tend to agree with you guys about Carriker. I think he is an ideal fit as a DE in a 3-4. So why don't we just trade him to a team that is making the switch to a 3-4, like Kansas City or Green Bay, maybe even Washington? Does Spagnuolo see something in him that we don't? Or has he just been kept around because we haven't had anyone to replace him with?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
      Seiler,

      I completely agree about Bradford. I just don't have a good feeling about him as my guy. I think he is damaged goods. One analyst at the combine said it best when he sid something to the affect that the media is saying the Rams have to take a QB at #1 because they don't have a franchise QB, and that is absolutely the reason why they should not take one. If they are in love with the guy then that is one thing. But they shouldn't take one in the name of having a franchise QB. Quite frankly, I do think Bradford and Clausen would make great franchise QB's...Bradford in Washington and Clausen in Buffalo.

      So the more I think about it the more I tend to agree with you guys about Carriker. I think he is an ideal fit as a DE in a 3-4. So why don't we just trade him to a team that is making the switch to a 3-4, like Kansas City or Green Bay, maybe even Washington? Does Spagnuolo see something in him that we don't? Or has he just been kept around because we haven't had anyone to replace him with?
      So your saying Bradford and Clausen would both be great Franchise Quarterbacks, but you don't won't either one on the Rams?

      Comment


      • I was being sarcastic. I'm not impressed with either one and I believe that if we draft either one with the #1 pick this year then it will ****** the Rams' progress for the next 3 years and we will be starting over again in 2014, much like the Browns are right now.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
          If we grab A.J. Feeley, then I think we would pass on a QB in the first round and grab a guy in the 2nd or 3rd to build behind a guy like Feeley for a little bit.
          Build behind Feeley?

          Who's starting then? Surely not Feeley, right?

          Comment


          • I think we should sign Jake Delhomme for two years and take a franchise QB in next year's draft. The Panthers are on the hook for a ton of his salary, so he could sign with another team for next to nothing.

            While Jake Delhomme is not a savvy QB, he is a decent leader and knows how to manage an offense.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
              I think we should sign Jake Delhomme for two years and take a franchise QB in next year's draft. The Panthers are on the hook for a ton of his salary, so he could sign with another team for next to nothing.

              While Jake Delhomme is not a savvy QB, he is a decent leader and knows how to manage an offense.
              I don't see much point in bringing Delhomme in.

              Comment


              • Well if we take a guy like Lefevour or McCoy and see them as a starter but don't want to throw them to the wolves. Let Feeley start the season and let them work into the starting line-up. It's not like starting Feeley could be any worse than going in with Bulger or Boller as are starter.


                Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

                "Spread'em and Shread'em"

                Comment


                • Originally posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
                  I think we should sign Jake Delhomme for two years and take a franchise QB in next year's draft. The Panthers are on the hook for a ton of his salary, so he could sign with another team for next to nothing.

                  While Jake Delhomme is not a savvy QB, he is a decent leader and knows how to manage an offense.
                  Delhomme really? he's worse than Bulger.

                  They signed Feeley so he could help teach the Rams rookie Quarterback next year.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                    Delhomme really? he's worse than Bulger.

                    They signed Feeley so he could help teach the Rams rookie Quarterback next year.
                    I don't think Bulger is a bad QB, nor do I think his career is over. I think he needs a change of venue. I think the same thing about Delhomme. His time in Carolina is up.

                    At least Delhomme has taken his team to the playoffs multiple times and had success. What has Feeley done? He has a total of 15 NFL starts and has missed 4 complete seasons in his illustrious career. That is not the player I want to model my franchise QB after.

                    Comment


                    • http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzon...ts-dt-robbins/

                      The Rams were in the process Saturday night of finalizing a deal that would bring veteran NY Giants defensive tackle Fred Robbins to St. Louis.

                      Robbins, who turns 33 later this month, is 6-4 and 325 pounds.

                      Hes known as a stout as a run defender who can play nose tackle or 3-technique defensive tackle.

                      Were determined to get bigger up front, one Rams official said.
                      http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...with-the-rams/

                      Per a league source, safety Brodney Pool may be visiting the Rams on Monday.

                      Pool, a second-round draft pick of the Browns in 2005, is a restricted free agent. But since the Browns extended no RFA tender, Pool has no restrictions.

                      Comment


                      • Robbins - Would his signing be a sign that Bradford is the pick?

                        Pool - If he can overcome his concussions, he'd be a great signing.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by tfry View Post
                          Robbins - Would his signing be a sign that Bradford is the pick?

                          Pool - If he can overcome his concussions, he'd be a great signing.
                          Robbins is no where near as good as Suh...never has been, never will be but yah it could still be a sign that a QB might be a pick...which scares the crap out of me
                          I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

                          Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

                          Comment


                          • http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4976480

                            Looks like Robbins is a done deal. So now that we are bringing him in and if the idea is to take a QB in the draft, why not trade down with Tampa at #3 and pick up some extra picks. Plus it will cost a little bit less to pick at 3 then at 1.


                            Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

                            "Spread'em and Shread'em"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
                              http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4976480

                              Looks like Robbins is a done deal. So now that we are bringing him in and if the idea is to take a QB in the draft, why not trade down with Tampa at #3 and pick up some extra picks. Plus it will cost a little bit less to pick at 3 then at 1.
                              I don't want it to influence the pick but with guys like Ryan, Carriker, Scott, and now Robbins it doesn't seem like Suh is as obvious now...Sam Bradford or Jimmy Clausen now becomes a lot more plausible
                              I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

                              Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

                              Comment


                              • I don't think the Robbins signing has a huge impact on what they do first overall, just like the Feeley signing probably doesn't. Both signings gives the team options, which is what you want going into the pick.

                                With Feeley on the roster, the Rams are in a better position to cut Bulger and draft a rookie to fight Feeley for the job. Or, they could also keep Bulger w/ Feeley serving as the back-up, and look for their QB either later in this draft or in next year's class.

                                Adding Robbins means the Rams don't have to spend a high pick on a DT, because they've added depth to the position. But it doesn't mean they won't, because Suh or McCoy would likely supplant Robbins to start next to Ryan, but Robbins gives them better depth, especially since they let some younger tackles go in free agency.

                                The Rams certainly haven't made up their mind as to what they're doing with their pick, so these moves can't be a clear indication one way or another if the Rams don't even know which way they're going. These two moves give them some options regardless of what direction they go. And that's never a bad thing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information