The Official St. Louis Rams 2010 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

Has Rams taking Bradford, Golden Tate and Jerry Hughes in the first 3 Rounds.

Interesting he says Jonathan Crompton is the 2nd best QB in this draft.

Says Jake Locker right now is no where near what Sam Bradford is
    Do you think Jerry Hughes is going to last to the 3rd round?

Jonathan Crompton is a HUGE sleeper, he played in an NFL style offense under center most of the time. I think the reason more teams do not talk about him is b/c of the 1st 6 games of the season but he was playing with a shaky OL, shaky WR, and the only thing he had going for him were the 2 beast at RB.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
    Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

• I'd be ok with that draft. However, don't you think we need a tall receiver with some size since we already have a speedy option in Donnie Avery?

And I'd be shocked if Hughes lasted until the third round...but then again someone always ends up sliding.

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
      What has he done at Notre Dame? As talented as he is shouldn't he of been more successful in college? I know Bradford had more talent around him but a 6-6 season for Notre Dame with talented weapons to throw the ball to.

I don't like his immaturity.

In my eyes he's the Ryan Leaf of this draft. And Bradford is the Peyton Manning.

Good Russ Lande Interview....

http://www.101espn.com/post/40590_th...y_030910/audio

Thinks Bradford is a better prospect than Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez.

Bradford is the most accurate Quarterback he's graded.

Has Rams taking Bradford, Golden Tate and Jerry Hughes in the first 3 Rounds.

Interesting he says Jonathan Crompton is the 2nd best QB in this draft.

Says Jake Locker right now is no where near what Sam Bradford is

Comment

• Any thoughts on Derek Anderson. He would be better than having A.J. Feeley.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

• I'm not saying Bradford isn't good, I just don't think there is a huge difference between him and Clausen...right now the majority of experts and mockers have it kinda split 50-50 between who is going first in the draft overall or first to the Rams...I'm just saying Clausen is still a viable option at #1
          I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

• Would anyone give up a 5th round pick for Omar Gaither? Rams have two draft picks in the 5th round, so I say why not? He could be a solid Weakside backer for us. Better than what we got.

Comment

Would anyone give up a 5th round pick for Omar Gaither? Rams have two draft picks in the 5th round, so I say why not? He could be a solid Weakside backer for us. Better than what we got.
              Maybe? I don't know, I'm kind of indifferent on the idea. I'm sure he'd be an upgrade, but I like the idea of having as many picks as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
                Maybe? I don't know, I'm kind of indifferent on the idea. I'm sure he'd be an upgrade, but I like the idea of having as many picks as possible.
                But Gaither is 25? 26? years old and already has established himself as a player in this league. I'd take a young established linebacker for a 5th round pick rather than drafting a linebacker in the 5th round and hoping he can play.

Comment

But Gaither is 25? 26? years old and already has established himself as a player in this league. I'd take a young established linebacker for a 5th round pick rather than drafting a linebacker in the 5th round and hoping he can play.

gotta agree with you there but will the Eagles part way with him with just a 5th rounder? He was a 5th round pick but I like to think he's a little more valuable to his team then that, but I could be wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                    gotta agree with you there but will the Eagles part way with him with just a 5th rounder? He was a 5th round pick but I like to think he's a little more valuable to his team then that, but I could be wrong
                    They tendered him to a 5th round level. So I would assume so.

Comment

We're talking about a linebacker who, prior to getting injured and having Lisfranc surgery (which he's still recovering from, I believe), was splitting time with Jeremiah "Haven't Played Since 2007" Trotter.

I think the only thing Gaither has established is that he's not a vital part of Philadelphia's plans moving forward, as demonstrated by the fifth round tender.

Maybe he would be preferable to a 5th round rookie, but whose to say the Rams don't strike on an OLB earlier than that if the value is there? I'm just not sure settling for another team's unwanted back-up is a great way to improve.

Comment

• With reports that the Redskins are interested in Carriker, what do you guy see as a fair trade off. I would have to think that Andre Carter would be involved.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
                        2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
                          With reports that the Redskins are interested in Carriker, what do you guy see as a fair trade off. I would have to think that Andre Carter would be involved.
                          What are your thoughts on just swapping player for player? They each have their share of positives and negatives.

Comment

What are your thoughts on just swapping player for player? They each have their share of positives and negatives.
                            I would prefer a draft pick personally. I believe Andre is getting up there in the years.and who is to say how much he has left in the tank.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
                            Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

Id say Carter for Carriker and a pick is fair. Carter did just come off an 11 sack season.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
                              2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
                                Id say Carter for Carriker and a pick is fair. Carter did just come off an 11 sack season.
                                Fair point. If I'm the Rams, I'd consider Carter for Carriker & a 5th. The Rams have an extra one, but it may be tough to part with something higher than that for a guy of his age.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information