The Official St. Louis Rams 2010 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
    Fair point. If I'm the Rams, I'd consider Carter for Carriker & a 5th. The Rams have an extra one, but it may be tough to part with something higher than that for a guy of his age.
    I'd be down for that. I would imagine the Redskins would like any draft pick they can get, they don't have to many in this draft.

Comment

• Looks like we are close to signing Hank Fraley. He played Guard and Center for the Browns this past year.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

• Originally posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
        Looks like we are close to signing Hank Fraley. He played Guard and Center for the Browns this past year.
        would be a good signing. Give Greco a chance to play RT is we trade Barron, which I think would be really good for the long term
        I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

• Originally posted by rockio42 View Post
          would be a good signing. Give Greco a chance to play RT is we trade Barron, which I think would be really good for the long term
          Fraley is nothing more than a backup.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
            Fraley is nothing more than a backup.
            right now with our situation at RG he has a chance to get some time and it gives us some nice versatility. If we trade Barron then we would be looking at maybe Haley at RG and Greco at RT but there is also options with Setterstrom at G and Goldberg at T, right now its coming painfully obvious we need more guys on the right side of the o-line

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

right now with our situation at RG he has a chance to get some time and it gives us some nice versatility. If we trade Barron then we would be looking at maybe Haley at RG and Greco at RT but there is also options with Setterstrom at G and Goldberg at T, right now its coming painfully obvious we need more guys on the right side of the o-line
              What are the odds we address our RT position in the 2nd round? if we get Fragile Bradford at #1, we damn well better protect him or else we'll be looking at the next JaMarcus Russell, Alex Smith, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by tfry View Post
                What are the odds we address our RT position in the 2nd round? if we get Fragile Bradford at #1, we damn well better protect him or else we'll be looking at the next JaMarcus Russell, Alex Smith, etc.
                Ducasse would be nice, espcially if we traded down to take Bradford or Clausen and were able to get another 2nd rounder...so 1st/2nd round scenario would be 1. Bradford 2a. DL/WR 2b. LB/OL and Ducasse could easily be there for either second round pick and would give us another option at RT

Comment

• I'm not a big fan of Ducasse I'd rather take either Charles Brown or Rodger Saffold if they chose to go the OT route.

Comment

• Shawn Andrews was released by the Eagles...anyone else think that would be a great pickup??

Comment

Shawn Andrews was released by the Eagles...anyone else think that would be a great pickup??

I do. Grab him and get rid of Barron.

Comment

• Originally posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
                        I do. Grab him and get rid of Barron.
                        So you want to get rid of a guy who has questionable desire to play the game, and replace him with a guy........who has questionable desire to play the game.

Comment

Shawn Andrews was released by the Eagles...anyone else think that would be a great pickup??
                          Not particularly. The last thing this guy needs is another guy whose heart might not be in the game and who has struggled with injury issues.

Comment

• Who are some of the mid-late round players you guys like?

Some I wouldn't mind seeing in horns.....

AJ Edds OLB, Ben Tate RB, Jonathan Dwyer RB, Rennie Curran OLB, AJ Jefferson CB, Brandon Spikes MLB/OLB, Clay Harbor TE, George Selvie DE, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                              Who are some of the mid-late round players you guys like?

Some I wouldn't mind seeing in horns.....

AJ Edds OLB, Ben Tate RB, Jonathan Dwyer RB, Rennie Curran OLB, AJ Jefferson CB, Brandon Spikes MLB/OLB, Clay Harbor TE, George Selvie DE, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB
                              I wouldn't be surprised if half of that list heard their names called in the second or third round, honestly.

I'll try and go positionally with some mid to late round guys I'm intrigued by...

QB: Jarrett Brown (mid), Levi Brown (late)
                              RB: Anthony Dixon (mid), Andre Dixon (late)
                              WR: Dezmon Briscoe (mid), Alric Arnett (late)
                              TE: Colin Peek (mid), Jeff Cottam (late)
                              OL: Marshall Newhouse (mid), Derek Hardman (late)
                              DL: Brandon Lang (mid), Clifton Geathers (late)
                              LB: A.J. Edds (mid), Travis Goethel (late)
                              DB: Brian Jackson (mid), Robert Johnson (late)

Comment

• Anyone like Demaryius Thomas!! The WR out of Georgia Tech. He is big, physical and fast. Smething our WR's are not. I think he would be better than Tate or Benn if we were to go with a WR in the 2nd round. Some say he might slip to the 3rd due to injury, but others say he could go as high as late first round. Would be a nice target if Bradford is the pick at number 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information