The Official St. Louis Rams 2010 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
    clausen is the only qb worth #1 right now. st. louis can't afford to use undrafted qb's or pay bulger more to be unproductive. they need a qb.
    I agree Clausen should be the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
      I agree Clausen should be the pick.
      You do know QBs will be available in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds.....right?

Comment

Rockio42,

Thanks for your commentary on my mock draft. Let me just say that I am far from finished.

I too was also thinking LB as a possibility in the 3rd round. However I decided that if Pitta was still there he could be a very valuable offensive weapon. Our passing game is atrocious.

I saw Dan Lefevour tonight in the GMAC Bowl and he was everything I had hoped. Big, strong arm, VERY mobile for a guy his size, smart and tons of composure.

I do think that Freddie Barnes could possibly fall to the first pick of the 6th round. He said a few weeks ago that his fastest 40 time last summer was a 4.62. He also admitted that, being a qb coming out of high school, he had not gotten in much speed work. This tells me that he will probably run in the mid-4.5's at the combine, which will not excite anyone, but that he could get faster down the road. His hands are excellent and, though he is not super fast, he always seems to get open and knows how to move the sticks. He is also a great athlete and can throw the ball. I think he could bring some offensive consistency to a team that desperately needs it.

Deji Karim is the top rated RB from the FCS. He is 5'11" and 200 lbs with great quickness and excellent breakaway speed. Scored 18 TD's this year and had nearly 1700 yards after missing all of 2008 with a knee injury, which tells me he has a very strong work ethic. Rushed for over 100 yards 9 times this year, including two 200 yard games. Also caught 17 passes for 216 yards and a TD. Also returned kicks for a 35 yard average. Went to the same school as Brandon Jacobs. Below is a link.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...hing-to-campus

Comment

http://www.101espn.com/post/32314_th...wednesday_1610

Nice interview with Devaney on 101.1

Scroll down to listen if you want.

Comment

Watched LeFevour tonight in the Bowl game and he looked good. If we can get him in the 3rd or 4th round that would be a steal. I am sure his stock will rise with work outs.

It will be interesting to watcth the National Championship Game. A lot of big time prospects will be on the field from both teams.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
              yes, i'm aware of this. however, can you endure another season of watching a injury plagued by injures or having a combo of boller/null again? no. he is the best qb in the draft & this team has not had a solid qb since warner left. it's time st.louis goes after a new qb.

Comment

yes, i'm aware of this. however, can you endure another season of watching a injury plagued by injures or having a combo of boller/null again? no. he is the best qb in the draft & this team has not had a solid qb since warner left. it's time st.louis goes after a new qb.
                you can't go into the season thinking there is just going to be a **** load of injuries again
                I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                  Uh....of course.

What QBs later look like decent picks to you? Obviously, I'm against wasting a good pick on a QB that simply won't make it in the NFL, like Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow.

The best bet of being a good QB in this draft is Jimmy Clausen. Unfortunately, Jake Locker hurt the top of this draft by not declaring.
                  Last edited by PossumBoy9; 01-07-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
                    Uh....of course.

What QBs later look like decent picks to you? Obviously, I'm against wasting a good pick on a QB that simply won't make it in the NFL, like Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow.

The best bet of being a good QB in this draft is Jimmy Clausen. Unfortunately, Jake Locker hurt the top of this draft by not declaring.
                    Tony Pike, Colt McCoy, Dan Lefevour, Sean Canfield.......and now Jevan Snead. All could be starting Quarterbacks at the next level that won't cost a 1st round pick.

I'd take Sam Bradford or Tony Pike over Jimmy Clausen.

Comment

Originally posted by rockio42 View Post
                      you can't go into the season thinking there is just going to be a **** load of injuries again
                      with bulger as a starting qb in the league yes...i did go into this season thinking that.

Comment

Speculation that Bulger may retire...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...6?OpenDocument

But his agent does his best Lee Corso impression and pulls a "Not so fast"...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...3?OpenDocument

Comment

bulger should. he makes too much money & is prone to getting hurt all the time. a new qb via draft, free agency, or trade is something that needs to be done.

Comment

bulger should. he makes too much money & is prone to getting hurt all the time. a new qb via draft, free agency, or trade is something that needs to be done.
                            I doubt he's considering retirement because he makes too much money. I imagine he's considering it because he doesn't want to continue risking his post-football quality of life by continuing to get pummeled behind the Rams' inconsistent offensive line. Like him or not (and I think it's clear some just don't), he's taken an absolute beating in his career.

Comment

Per the Post Dispatch, the contract status of every Rams player...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...2?OpenDocument

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
                                I doubt he's considering retirement because he makes too much money. I imagine he's considering it because he doesn't want to continue risking his post-football quality of life by continuing to get pummeled behind the Rams' inconsistent offensive line. Like him or not (and I think it's clear some just don't), he's taken an absolute beating in his career.
                                my point the whole time is st louis needs someone fresh. not saying they will pan out any better due to the horrible line they have but some new legs need to be back there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information