The Official St. Louis Rams 2010 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
    my point the whole time is st louis needs someone fresh. not saying they will pan out any better due to the horrible line they have but some new legs need to be back there.
    Agreed, and I'm not sure anyone disagrees with the need for a QB of the future. The only debate is how the Rams get him.

Comment

Was watching NFL Live and saw that Joshua Cribbs wants a trade. Does anyone see the Rams going after a player like him. We have never had a return man like him and his speed would help on the offense. Depending on what they are asking I would like to see him in a Rams uniform.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

Originally posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
        Was watching NFL Live and saw that Joshua Cribbs wants a trade. Does anyone see the Rams going after a player like him. We have never had a return man like him and his speed would help on the offense. Depending on what they are asking I would like to see him in a Rams uniform.
        Danny Amendola doesn't have break away speed and probably won't return a lot of touchdowns, but he was very very good this year at returning, not saying that that should stop the Rams from looking at this, but its probably not a high priority for the front office
        I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

Rd 1- Suh- this guy is a beast, he almost single handedly beat texas. carriker has been a bust so far, because he hasnt been able to get on the field do to injuries.

Rd 2- 1st option- OLB Sean Witherspoon, 2nd Option DE Chris Wooton- 3rd option DE Greg Hardy. These three players are all projected late first round as of now. one's draft stock may slip a little, if not one of them is bound to drop out of the first.

Rd 3- Colt McCoy/Tony Pike- Both are tough guys. If any question of Colt McCoys minor shoulder injury comes up he may slide, he also has the athletisism to escape pressure and even run the ball. Tony Pike is big and has shown that he can play through injuries, something that we havnt seen much of with Bulger.

Rd 4- im kind of up in the air with pick. we could draft a WR, we could pick up a DE or OLB based on what we picked before

Rd 5- RB LaMarcus Coker- Runs around a 4.30 40 yard dash his fastest time was a 4.28. He would be a great change of pace back and would take some off of the huge load SJ carries. He started for Tennessee in 2007 but was kicked off the team for drugs. He transfered to Hampton College. I looked into his character issues and coaches teammates and himself have all came out and said over the last 2 years he has matured.

6 and 7 rounds and Eagles pick and i do believe we got a pick from the Falcons- just find some hidden talent

Comment

Rams Draft

Rd 1- Suh- this guy is a beast, he almost single handedly beat texas. carriker has been a bust so far, because he hasnt been able to get on the field do to injuries.

Rd 2- 1st option- OLB Sean Witherspoon, 2nd Option DE Chris Wooton- 3rd option DE Greg Hardy. These three players are all projected late first round as of now. one's draft stock may slip a little, if not one of them is bound to drop out of the first.

Rd 3- Colt McCoy/Tony Pike- Both are tough guys. If any question of Colt McCoys minor shoulder injury comes up he may slide, he also has the athletisism to escape pressure and even run the ball. Tony Pike is big and has shown that he can play through injuries, something that we havnt seen much of with Bulger.

Rd 4- im kind of up in the air with pick. we could draft a WR, we could pick up a DE or OLB based on what we picked before

Rd 5- RB LaMarcus Coker- Runs around a 4.30 40 yard dash his fastest time was a 4.28. He would be a great change of pace back and would take some off of the huge load SJ carries. He started for Tennessee in 2007 but was kicked off the team for drugs. He transfered to Hampton College. I looked into his character issues and coaches teammates and himself have all came out and said over the last 2 years he has matured.

6 and 7 rounds and Eagles pick and i do believe we got a pick from the Falcons- just find some hidden talent

Comment

Originally posted by JMAX12 View Post

Rd1 - Agreed
              Rd2 - I think we need to address the QB or WR position first. Our defense wasn't so much the problem last year as was our offense. We just can't afford to overlook the receiver position until round 4 or 5 again.
              Rd3 - QB or WR depending on what we take in the 2nd round.
              Rd4 - Another receiver or TE.
              Rd5 - Starting bolstering our LBs and defensive backfield.

Comment

Originally posted by tfry View Post
                Rd1 - Agreed
                Rd2 - I think we need to address the QB or WR position first. Our defense wasn't so much the problem last year as was our offense. We just can't afford to overlook the receiver position until round 4 or 5 again.
                Rd3 - QB or WR depending on what we take in the 2nd round.
                Rd4 - Another receiver or TE.
                Rd5 - Starting bolstering our LBs and defensive backfield.
                Yes WR was a problem this year but only because of injuries...Avery was hurt and didn't play like he did as a rookie, I expect him to improve this year. Robinson was a beast until the ACL and if he comes back then we have a good 1-2. Gibson should only get better and was pretty good last year despite playing as a number 2 as a fifth rounder. Take away that one drop in New Orleans and Danny Amendola was almost flawless this past year. I agree we need WR but its not a first two round need.
                I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

I saw that Aaron Hernandez declared for the draft. He is the TE out of Floirda. The guy is a stud and we have never had an elite TE. McMichael is a FA this year and everyone else we have is not very good. What about taking Suh with the #1 pick and Hernandez in the 2 round. I have not seen much on his draft status but a TE will help a young or in expereinced QB with easy routes and will help stretch the field so WR get more one on ones.

Comment

Originally posted by rockio42 View Post
                    Yes WR was a problem this year but only because of injuries...Avery was hurt and didn't play like he did as a rookie, I expect him to improve this year. Robinson was a beast until the ACL and if he comes back then we have a good 1-2. Gibson should only get better and was pretty good last year despite playing as a number 2 as a fifth rounder. Take away that one drop in New Orleans and Danny Amendola was almost flawless this past year. I agree we need WR but its not a first two round need.
                    WR was not just a problem because of injuries, though. The guys on the field had a lot of difficulty getting separation and consistently catching the football. There were also some route issues. Maybe some of this gets fixed with more experience, but all of these guys had chances to emerge this season on a team that was hungry for receiver help and none really did.

I think you've exaggerated Robinson's impact this season by calling him a beast, as well. Project his numbers out to a full season and I don't think he even breaks 900 yards. Gibson showed flashes but struggled with consistency from week to week, IMO. Amendola is at best IMO a slot receiver. I don't see him being more than a #3 or #4 here. I don't think this team views wide receiver as one of the top priorities, but they need playmakers, and if a receiver with legit #1 potential is there at the top of the second, you have to consider it IMO.

Originally posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
                    I saw that Aaron Hernandez declared for the draft. He is the TE out of Floirda. The guy is a stud and we have never had an elite TE. McMichael is a FA this year and everyone else we have is not very good. What about taking Suh with the #1 pick and Hernandez in the 2 round. I have not seen much on his draft status but a TE will help a young or in expereinced QB with easy routes and will help stretch the field so WR get more one on ones.
                    I think the Rams could definitely use a legit starting tight end, especially if they don't make a significant addition to the receiving corps. If Hernandez ends up being good value at the top of the second, then I think you have to consider it. That being said, right now I think there would be other prospects of better value at that spot.

Comment

• I agree with drafting Suh #1 in the 2nd round we look at offense either QB, WR, or TE, Jermaine Gresham in the 2nd round is he falls would be a great pick up

Comment

• I think the Rams like their Receiving core and don't see it as important to upgrade the position as a lot of fans do.

I think they would be fine with Avery, Robinson, Gibson, Burton, Amendola for next year. Maybe add a veteran Receiver.

Comment

• I have to agree that WR is not a big isuue also. They just need to stay healthy.

I just looked at the TE list and saw that there at least 4 good prospects and if we can get one to drop to the 3rd round this is what I would like to see:

#1 pick - Suh
                          #2 pick - Mike Iupita, OL, Idaho
                          #3 pick - Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida
                          #4 pick - Dan Lefevor, QB, Central Michigan
                          5 Round on best player available.

Comment

• updated mock:

1. ndamukong suh - dt
                            2. mike iupati - g
                            3. jd walton - c
                            4. darrell stucky - s
                            5. sean canfield - qb
                            6. chris carter - wr
                            7. jeff byars - g

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                              I think the Rams like their Receiving core and don't see it as important to upgrade the position as a lot of fans do.

I think they would be fine with Avery, Robinson, Gibson, Burton, Amendola for next year. Maybe add a veteran Receiver.
                              There is no way I would feel comfortable going into next season with Avery, Robinson, Gibson, Burton, and Amendola. None of these guys can stay healthy and none give us a big redzone presence. I'd really like to see a veteran added on FA, but if not, we desperately need an upgrade at receiver. This is arguably the worst receiving core in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
                                I don't think this team views wide receiver as one of the top priorities
                                Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                                I think the Rams like their Receiving core and don't see it as important to upgrade the position as a lot of fans do.
                                Yep, we're agreed there. But the team essentially took the same approach before last season, and the unit was one of the weakest in the league. A 1-15 team can't keep relying on the same guys to just suddenly step up and become studs; sometimes you have to go out and improve your talent. Which is why I'm saying, while they may not view it as a top need, you've got to consider going that route if a guy slips to them in the second round.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information