The Official St. Louis Rams 2010 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
    Tony Pike, Colt McCoy, Dan Lefevour, Sean Canfield.......and now Jevan Snead. All could be starting Quarterbacks at the next level that won't cost a 1st round pick.

I'd take Sam Bradford or Tony Pike over Jimmy Clausen.
    Like I said, C. McCoy is simply a waste of a pick....no thanks.

How do you go Pike over Clausen?

Comment

• news from espn.com
      its rumored that a deal for vick could happen.
      which would make suh the #1 pick

Comment

• Originally posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
        I have to agree that WR is not a big isuue also. They just need to stay healthy.

I just looked at the TE list and saw that there at least 4 good prospects and if we can get one to drop to the 3rd round this is what I would like to see:

#1 pick - Suh
        #2 pick - Mike Iupita, OL, Idaho
        #3 pick - Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida
        #4 pick - Dan Lefevor, QB, Central Michigan
        5 Round on best player available.
        Would be an amazing draft for the Rams. Suh on the DL would make them all better, Iupiti and Brown in front of Karney blocking for SJAX, Hernandez to give the QB a under guy, and LeFevor to groom. Very nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMAX12 View Post
          news from espn.com
          its rumored that a deal for vick could happen.
          which would make suh the #1 pick
          Gonna need a link for that.

Comment

• on espn its a insider only story
            but if you google vick to rams, there are quite a few sites with the rumors

Comment

on espn its a insider only story
              but if you google vick to rams, there are quite a few sites with the rumors
              If it's from their Rumors section and the title is, "New team wants Vick?" then all they're doing is citing this article from the Post Dispatch...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...5?OpenDocument

...which really doesn't report any new news. Again, unless it's a different story. Maybe I misread your post, but it came across as if you found something that suggested it was imminent. However just about every story I've seen has only gone so far as identifying the Rams as a possible team that could be interested. AKA speculation.

Comment

• nahh sorry man. i didnt mean that it was like a for sure thing.
                just that it was a serious possibility. and that it would pretty much lock in suh as our #1 pick, sorry for the confusion. the more i think about it, the more i like the idea. we could pick up a 4th or 5th round qb then, or try and get jake locker next year. then we can have an open qb battle and possibly let vick take over and see if he can still produce. he isnt going to help the passing game too much altho avery can use his speen and get deep now, but vick would be able to make some plays with his feet. and we can design plays for him. possible draft a scat back type and i also think if we got him we would deffiently need to draft hernandez or gresham, when vick played for atlanta he liked alge a lottt.

Comment

nahh sorry man. i didnt mean that it was like a for sure thing.
                  just that it was a serious possibility. and that it would pretty much lock in suh as our #1 pick, sorry for the confusion. the more i think about it, the more i like the idea. we could pick up a 4th or 5th round qb then, or try and get jake locker next year. then we can have an open qb battle and possibly let vick take over and see if he can still produce. he isnt going to help the passing game too much altho avery can use his speen and get deep now, but vick would be able to make some plays with his feet. and we can design plays for him. possible draft a scat back type and i also think if we got him we would deffiently need to draft hernandez or gresham, when vick played for atlanta he liked alge a lottt.
                  Suh already is the pick (barring a trade down) no matter what happens in the free agency period. No Quarterback this year warrants a 1st overall selection.

Comment

Suh already is the pick (barring a trade down) no matter what happens in the free agency period. No Quarterback this year warrants a 1st overall selection.
                    But a defensive tackle does?

Comment

• Originally posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
                      But a defensive tackle does?
                      Yes. Suh is arguably the best Defensive Tackle to come out in the last 10 years. No Quarterback in this years draft screams "franchise Quarterback" Rams shouldn't reach for a Quarterback just for the heck of it.

Comment

Yes. Suh is arguably the best Defensive Tackle to come out in the last 10 years. No Quarterback in this years draft screams "franchise Quarterback" Rams shouldn't reach for a Quarterback just for the heck of it.
                        Exactly. and Suh isn't just the best in the last 10 years, but arguably all-time. Spags wins with his d-line, why not get the player that will help him the most?

Comment

• Unless you're sure in your feeling that the quarterback you're taking is a franchise top-caliber quarterback, then I'm not sure how you can pull the trigger on the guy first overall when there's another prospect who stands out as much as Suh.

Ultimately, and perhaps a completely obvious statement, but it's going to depend on how the Rams view Clausen or Bradford, whomever they regard as the top passer. If they think one (or either) of those guys can be the next Manning, Brees, Rodgers, they very well may pull the trigger.

But if the opinions in the Rams' draft room are as divided as most fans and pundits seem to be about whether there's a top franchise caliber quarterback available, then I suspect they go with Suh.

Comment

Example Alex Smith

Comment

• I'm interested in your guys RFA situation. Is the organization still high on Atogwe? Any guesses on the tender you guys will offer him coming off of a season after being put on the IR? I haven't seen anything talked about here.

Comment

• I'd be shocked if they didn't tender him at a first round value. They franchised him last year, so there's no reason to think they won't at least tender him at a reasonably high level.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information