No announcement yet.

Team Needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be a nice offseason Holt_Bruce. I assume you love the Big 10 and Big 12...haha

I'd rather have a Chad Greenway than any of those free agents, but those would be nice pickups and hard to argue with.

Comment

Ok Hear me out of this please

1) RB: Steven Jackson is the only consistent weapon on offence imo. He played hurt most of the year and u dont want your number 1 weapon hurt. A receiver is what most people will say but in this draft receiver class is pretty deep. Imo the best pick for the rams would be mark ingram in the first round. He should fall to them and he is a real beast. If the rams are smart they will go ingram.

2) WR: Yes receiver is a need but clayton and avery are solid guys if they can stay on the field. Every other receiver on the roster should be cut imo. There not good at all and theres better guys in FA. If the rams where smart they should go grab leonard hankerson in the second round. Grab vjax for a number 1 target and keep amendola because he can catch unlike the other no names.

After this in the draft is bpa. But i think a back up qb should be taken just in case bradford goes down. Maybe someone in the firth or sixth round.

Comment

So with McDaniels as the New OC do you think there will be any big changes in the Rams draft needs? Does this mean that the Rams are going to try to put up numbers this upcoming season?

I have to say I love the idea of seeing Bradford in McD's system as Oklahoma's offense is very similar. Is it too late to advocate SB4K.

Comment

Originally posted by Joecool View Post
          1) RB: Steven Jackson is the only consistent weapon on offence imo. He played hurt most of the year and u dont want your number 1 weapon hurt. A receiver is what most people will say but in this draft receiver class is pretty deep. Imo the best pick for the rams would be mark ingram in the first round. He should fall to them and he is a real beast. If the rams are smart they will go ingram.
          I disagree completely. The Rams need someone to spell Jackson, yes. But Ingram does not have the skillset that you'd want as a change-of-pace 'back to Jackson. If the Rams are going to add a back-up RB behind #39, then they'll need someone (IMO) who has the speed and open field skills to be a home run threat any time he touches the ball. I'd rather see the Rams add someone in the mold of a Darren Sproles, whom I think the Rams were interested in last year and would be interested in again whenever free agency rolls around.

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
            My list...

1) Wide Receiver: The Rams lack a real weapon in the passing game that defenses have to take into consideration. They're focusing on Amendola, which has helped free up Brandon Gibson a little bit, but averaging 55 ypg as arguably the team's go-to guy isn't getting it done. A true difference maker at receiver is needed, not only to help Bradford be all that he can be but also to force defenses to defend the pass, thus helping Steven Jackson in the running game.

2) Outside LB: The only linebacker of note on this team is James Laurinaitis. The Rams have been trying to get by with band aids at the OLB spots for two seasons now, and they're simply not getting very good play from the positions. Some would argue that David Vobora is a decent enough SAM 'backer, but really, both starting outside spots could use an upgrade.

3) 4-3 Pass Rusher (RE or UT): Let's face it, the Rams can't bank on Fred Robbins or James Hall playing as well as they have this season. Hall's production is already slowing down as the season wears on. A RDE to take over for Hall and an upgrade at DT (for both Robbins and beside him, as Gibson/Cudjo probably aren't the answers) would be great.

4) Offensive Guard: There have been times this season where Adam Goldberg has simply been abused, and Greco can't seem to stay healthy enough to challenge for that job. Jacob Bell has been very up and down during his stay on the team. While pass protection has been solid, the Rams lack the run blocking efficiency you'd like to see from a team with a Top 3 RB. They rank third in the league in negative rushing plays when running up the middle. It all starts up front.

5) Running Back (back-up/future starter): Steven Jackson can't keep carrying the load by himself. He's done it too long, and his body is starting to wear down already. If the Rams could find their own version of Jonathan Stewart or Felix Jones - a borderline starting running back to share the load with Jackson in a power running game - I think it would not only help prolong Jackson's career but also make the running attack that much more dangerous.

6) Strong Safety: This isn't #6 on my list because I don't think it's a big need; it's #6 because I think other positions are bigger needs. But the fact remains that the Rams could definitely use an upgrade at strong safety. Butler is adequate at best, and Dahl is hot and cold. I don't like his man coverage skills, but he's a hard hitter who isn't afraid to make a tackle. He's a serviceable back-up and special teams player, but he's been forced into the starting line-up.
            I agree with your list, though I believe TE is a need, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tfry View Post
              Everyone agrees that wide receiver seems to be one of our biggest needs. However, we have a stable full of young and talented receivers. Just curious, but if everyone was healthy entering next season and we drafted another rookie WR in the first three rounds, who do you think the Rams should keep?
              A stable full? The lack of talent in the WR corps is a major issue, IMO.

Comment

I disagree completely. The Rams need someone to spell Jackson, yes. But Ingram does not have the skillset that you'd want as a change-of-pace 'back to Jackson. If the Rams are going to add a back-up RB behind #39, then they'll need someone (IMO) who has the speed and open field skills to be a home run threat any time he touches the ball. I'd rather see the Rams add someone in the mold of a Darren Sproles, whom I think the Rams were interested in last year and would be interested in again whenever free agency rolls around.
                I agree, I think someone like Dion Lewis from Pitt or Jacquizz Rodgers from Oregon St. would be a better fit. Rodgers is small but he wouldn't be an everydown guy so it would not matter. There are to many questions at WR and DL to go with a RB in the first round.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

Im sorry but i dont really understand what u mean by change of pace. The way i see it is that the best thing the rams can do to improve there offense is to get a firm running game. Get a firm running game before u mess around with anything mcd has for the passing game. Jackson is not in his prime at all. In fact i expect him to be done within the next 2 years. Ingram wouldn't be drafted as a change of pace back. U draft him to pound the rock. Darren Sproles isnt a running back anyways. U cant close a game with him. Hes more of a receiver than anything. It's more about making a defence tired and putting long drives together. For a sproles type of player u can grab someone like damien berry. But i think the rams would be much more better with a strong running game then with young wide outs. Something like this for the draft.

1.preferred - M.Ingram RB
                  1.Next Best - R.Kerrigan DE
                  2.preferred - L.Hankerson WR
                  2.Next Best - J.Sheard DE
                  3.preferred - J.Moffitt OG
                  3.Next Best - D.Murray RB
                  4.preferred - C.Matthews ILB
                  4.Next Best - A.Pettis WR
                  5.preferred - C.Kaepernick QB
                  5.Next Best - M.White DE

U can get a good wide out in randy moss or terrell owens if u need a star right now.

Comment

Originally posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
                    I agree with your list, though I believe TE is a need, as well.
                    Agreed, but I'd probably put TE in the 5-7 range. I'm not really interested in retaining Fells, and I'm nervous about whether Hoomanawanui can hold up to a 16-game schedule. But I think the other areas are probably higher up on the priority list.

I look at the TE position like I do the SS position - I think an upgrade in the starting line-up at both of those spots would be nice, but you can only do so much and those might have to take a back seat to other areas.

Originally posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
                    I agree, I think someone like Dion Lewis from Pitt or Jacquizz Rodgers from Oregon St. would be a better fit. Rodgers is small but he wouldn't be an everydown guy so it would not matter. There are to many questions at WR and DL to go with a RB in the first round.
                    A mid-round RB with some legit speed would be ideal, IMO. Wouldn't rule out Sproles if he hits the market, due to previous interest.

Originally posted by Joecool View Post
                    Im sorry but i dont really understand what u mean by change of pace. The way i see it is that the best thing the rams can do to improve there offense is to get a firm running game. Get a firm running game before u mess around with anything mcd has for the passing game. Jackson is not in his prime at all. In fact i expect him to be done within the next 2 years. Ingram wouldn't be drafted as a change of pace back. U draft him to pound the rock. Darren Sproles isnt a running back anyways. U cant close a game with him. Hes more of a receiver than anything. It's more about making a defence tired and putting long drives together. For a sproles type of player u can grab someone like damien berry. But i think the rams would be much more better with a strong running game then with young wide outs. Something like this for the draft.

1.preferred - M.Ingram RB
                    1.Next Best - R.Kerrigan DE
                    2.preferred - L.Hankerson WR
                    2.Next Best - J.Sheard DE
                    3.preferred - J.Moffitt OG
                    3.Next Best - D.Murray RB
                    4.preferred - C.Matthews ILB
                    4.Next Best - A.Pettis WR
                    5.preferred - C.Kaepernick QB
                    5.Next Best - M.White DE

U can get a good wide out in randy moss or terrell owens if u need a star right now.
                    Then we're talking about a fundamental difference in approach.

I think Jackson has 2-3 more years left in the tank, and would benefit from a complimentary back who adds a speedy, dangerous element that the current running game is missing. Sharing a percentage of the load with a back of that nature will help extend Jackson's career.

You seem to think Jackson has a maximum of one or two seasons left and want to start phasing him out now by adding in a guy who doesn't add the breakaway component but rather represents a more between-the-tackles runner, even though the Rams do not have a line built for inside power running.

And the Rams had a chance to go after both Moss and Owens last year, and passed. I'm not sure that they'll be more inclined to take either of them now, a year later. They don't need an aging stop-gap receiver for a year or maybe two. They need a young stud they can partner with Bradford for multiple seasons.

Plus, I think if the Rams wanted to move towards a pure power running, wear-'em'-down offensive style, they probably wouldn't have gone after Josh McDaniels as their offensive coordinator.

Comment

Plus, I think if the Rams wanted to move towards a pure power running, wear-'em'-down offensive style, they probably wouldn't have gone after Josh McDaniels as their offensive coordinator.
                      Good point but i cant help but remember the dallas cowboys with aikman and smith. To me bradford and ingram could be that reincarnated.

Comment

I forgot about Atogwe's situation, I'm 90% sure he won't be a Ram by the end of next month. 11.5 million is a lot to pay a highly rated safety and Atogwe isn't even top 10 in the NFL, in my opinion.

What do you guys think the Rams do in this situation? Not really any impressive free safeties in free agency or in the draft unless you count Eric Weddle, who I would be very surprised if he leaves the Chargers. Maybe the Rams will sign a starting caliber corner back and just move Bradley Fletcher to the safety position.

Comment

I'd personally like us to try and rework his contract, if it's at all possible, I'm not up to date on the intricacy's of the CBA problem. Iirc, Atogwe mentioned in an interview on the Rams website that he'd be willing to talk to sort any problems and stay. I think he's a good influence on the team and still a pretty decent player.

I agree with you about the FS in FA/Draft. If we were to move Fletcher, I agree we would need to grab another starting CB, but I think this year is a pretty decent year to want a CB, via either draft or FA. Even if it were only a short term solution like Champ Bailey, I think it could work out well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
                            A stable full? The lack of talent in the WR corps is a major issue, IMO.
                            You don't think we have young receivers?!?! And I think they're all pretty talented. Elite talent?...NO! But there are certainly some quality players there for the future.

Comment

You don't think we have young receivers?!?! And I think they're all pretty talented. Elite talent?...NO! But there are certainly some quality players there for the future.
                              The only guy i like is clayton. He is the only one that made any big plays. But no everyone else should be cut.

Comment

I think you're throwing the words "talent" and "quality" around pretty liberally. Let's be real, some of these guys don't make other teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information