No announcement yet.

The Official Rams 2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR Mike Sims-Walker has tweeted that he is joining the Rams.

Comment

• Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
      WR Mike Sims-Walker has tweeted that he is joining the Rams.
      SAYYY WHATTTT!!?!?!? **** yes!
      I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

• ESPN bottom line also saying Sims-Walker is a Ram!!!! Great pick up if he is.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

• Another low risk move, he's had one decent year so fingers crossed he can find that type of form again. It's another move I find hard to get excited by, but one that has a chance to work well.

I always thought Bell was treated pretty poorly by the (online) Rams fan base, generally been the best player on the O line every year he's been here. If he's gone I guess Greco will be starting at LG, if he can stay healthy I think he's shown flashes that he can be a good player, but it's another IF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beano View Post
            I always thought Bell was treated pretty poorly by the (online) Rams fan base, generally been the best player on the O line every year he's been here. If he's gone I guess Greco will be starting at LG, if he can stay healthy I think he's shown flashes that he can be a good player, but it's another IF.
            For what it's worth, Pro Football Focus tends to agree, as they considered Bell the Rams' best lineman in 2010.

Comment

• Great signing with Sims-Walker! The Rams are making very, very good moves! Just need a backup running back I would say.

Comment

• Rams talking to RB Ronnie Brown, believed to be talking to RB Joseph Addai as well...

http://bit.ly/qqA1Lz

Comment

• Some Jacob Bell related tweets...

Originally posted by jthom1
                  Jacob bell shows up for afternoon practice.
                  3 minutes ago
                  Originally posted by jthom1
                  Bell not suited up, a sign that he has restructured. Bell greets spags.
                  39 seconds ago
                  Originally posted by HBalzer721
                  Rams guard Jacob Bell just came out to practice field. Not practicing but likely worked out restructured contract.
                  1 minute ago
                  Originally posted by HBalzer721
                  Talked briefly to coach Steve Spagnuolo and smiled as he walked away to be with teammates.
                  1 minute ago

Comment

• Originally posted by jthom1
                    Rams agree on 3yr deal w/former denver dt justin bannan.
                    1 minute ago
                    One would think you could pencil him into the starting line-up next to Robbins.

Comment

• It's another solid yet unspectacular move. Classic 2 down player, hopefully will allow us to keep Robbins fresh for those obvious passing downs.

Ronnie Brown would be a nice addition, re-signing Bell is a decent move as well and there's talk we got Brady Poppinga coming in. I'd definitely be happier about the WLB position with him as a starter than Diles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beano View Post
                        It's another solid yet unspectacular move. Classic 2 down player, hopefully will allow us to keep Robbins fresh for those obvious passing downs.

Ronnie Brown would be a nice addition, re-signing Bell is a decent move as well and there's talk we got Brady Poppinga coming in. I'd definitely be happier about the WLB position with him as a starter than Diles.
                        I think we're in trouble if we're counting on Brady Poppinga to start for us at linebacker. Also, last time he was in a 4-3 scheme, he played SAM. To me, he's a possible depth player behind Diggs. If the Rams are looking at him as anything more, then I'll be worried.

Comment

• One linebacker that I would be intrigued to see in a Rams uniform that isn't getting much press is Kawika Mitchell. The guy has been injured the past few years, but he had a good year the season the Giants won the Super Bowl. If healthy seems like a player that could come in and give a couple above average seasons at OLB in Spags D.

Comment

• Robert Quinn has signed, meaning all draft picks are now signed.

Comment

• Jacob Bell staying is great news. He has been vastly over-critized the past couple years an this brings a lot of versatility on the o-line.

If he gets hurt or fails to impress the staff than we have Greco off the bench, and even if someone like Smith or Saffold got hurt we would have the versatility to kick someone out to RT in either case. I like the depth and competition this o-line has.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

• Tweets reporting John Greco has been traded to Browns. And now I feel like an idiot haha damnit.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information