No announcement yet.

The Official Rams 2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Rams hit a home run, went on a 75 yard run, whatever the analogy. I think it was an awesome pick. Every mock u read had Quinn going in the to 10, or maybe not getting past 11. I am supried Prince was still on the board too. He woulda been a great pick too. And I was hoping the Lions would not take Fairley too, but Fairley and Quinn going there were great picks by us and the Lions just given that they were both top 10 dudes and we got them at 13 and 14. So yeah, I'll give us an A-. Why adding the -, to be different from the guy that posted above.

I would like to also see us take a DT, OLB, and possibly a secondary player pending on who is around.

Comment

I think the Rams should Target both of Quinn's college buddies Marvin Austin at DT and Bruce Carter at OLB. If they are both gone Rahim Moore would be a nice S to have. If the Rams go Offense I would like to see them get Rudolph from Notre Dame. He's the top TE which we don't have.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

Lets play a little game of predict tonight's picks.

I'm going to go say Ras I Dowling in the 2nd and Will Rackley in the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
          I think the Rams should Target both of Quinn's college buddies Marvin Austin at DT and Bruce Carter at OLB. If they are both gone Rahim Moore would be a nice S to have. If the Rams go Offense I would like to see them get Rudolph from Notre Dame. He's the top TE which we don't have.
          I may be wrong, but I don't think McD's offense utilizes the TE position other than blocking. Carter would be a dream if he checked out medically. Only things is if we keep adding injury risks sooner or later one is going to come back and bit us.

What do you guys think about Stephen Paea? Dude has some stregth and would make our dline absolutely dominating.

Comment

Originally posted by Beano View Post
            Lets play a little game of predict tonight's picks.

I'm going to go say Ras I Dowling in the 2nd and Will Rackley in the 3rd.
            Not my choice but what I think the Rams will do:

2nd - Torrey Smith
            3rd - Kendall Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by tfry View Post
              I may be wrong, but I don't think McD's offense utilizes the TE position other than blocking. Carter would be a dream if he checked out medically. Only things is if we keep adding injury risks sooner or later one is going to come back and bit us.

What do you guys think about Stephen Paea? Dude has some stregth and would make our dline absolutely dominating.
              Not sure about the TE either, but he is a stud.

I like Paea, but I thought he had a injury as well.

Comment

Of the players still available, I think the top second round targets for the Rams are Ayers, Paea, Torrey Smith, and Aaron Williams. I'm not crazy about the Rudolph idea, but I'm not completely against it either. Just not sure the offensive system makes enough use out of the position to justify it.

Comment

I like Bruce Carter, Titus Young and Mikel Leshoure as well as your list.

I also like Marvin Austin, he's not a Devaney type selection so I don't expect him to be a Ram but man if Spags could get this kid playing up to his potential talk about a great Defensive Line for the future.

Comment

As long as we stay away from the WR position in round 2, there's a good chance I'll be happy.

Robert Quinn press conference on the Rams website, due to start in a couple of mins.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/events/live.html

Comment

If he's on the board I think it'll be Torrey Smith.

He has to be highly rated on the Rams board, fills a need and is such a high character guy.

Comment

Someone talk up this pick please. Could really do with it.

Comment

Well it looks like we are using a TE next year. I was hoping for one of the DT, but I like the pick.

Comment

Kendricks is a descent player but his main asset is in the passing game. He's a converted WR who's undersized for the TE position in the NFL. However he's actually a pretty descent in-line blocker.

With that said I hope you guys use him in the receiving role and allow him to split outside and in the slot where I think he'll be most effective and give you a matchup weapon.

I don't think he's a bad pick for you guys but his skill set is limited in the NFL IMO.

Comment

Marvin Austin, Stephen Paea, DaQuan Bowers, and we take Lance Kendrick!?!? Very disappointing...reminds me of Joe Klopenstein.

Comment

Originally posted by tfry View Post
                                Marvin Austin, Stephen Paea, DaQuan Bowers, and we take Lance Kendrick!?!? Very disappointing...reminds me of Joe Klopenstein.
                                A young QB's favorite option is the TE. I think he'll be a good pick if you guys use him right.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information