No announcement yet.

The Official Rams 2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams appear to be heavily in the mix for former Falcons OG Harvey Dahl, who would be a big improvement at right guard.

Sources
    http://twitter.com/#!/jthom1/statuses/96990656744005632

https://twitter.com/#!/AJCFalcons/st...64616265019392

Comment

• Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
      Rams appear to be heavily in the mix for former Falcons OG Harvey Dahl, who would be a big improvement at right guard.

Sources
      http://twitter.com/#!/jthom1/statuses/96990656744005632

https://twitter.com/#!/AJCFalcons/st...64616265019392
      I would feel a lot better about this FA period if we can make that happen. S. Jax' 3.8 ypc last year should take a major leap upward with a guy like Dahl plowing in front of him.

Also, have heard that the Rams are hot on the trail of Dahl's teammate Jason Snelling. If we get these two our running game has taken a quantum leap forward.

Comment

• Dahl signing is official, four-year deal!

Comment

• Love the move, if his friend Mr Snelling comes over as well, I might be way too optimistic about the season. Really has been an excellent FA period so far, fingers crossed we can make another decent splash or two.

Comment

• Definitely an upgrade, but a part of me was hoping to get a longer glimpse of what Greco could do as a starter. Still Dahl is one of the better maulers in the league and solidifies the rams offensive line as the most solid left to right, if not the best all-around in the division.

Other news Rams have made an offer to Brandon Mebane.

Comment

• Another hole possibly filled. Zac Diles and Rams agree to one year deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ramsfan2005813 View Post
                Another hole possibly filled. Zac Diles and Rams agree to one year deal.
                It's a solid signing, I like it! He's young and has good size. A one-year deal to see what he's capable of in this defense is pretty reasonable.

Comment

• Updates
                  -DC's own Shane P. Hallam is hearing that the Falcons and Rams are bidding for RB Jason Snelling's services.

-The Sporting News' Eagles correspondent Geoff Mosher is reporting that Al Harris is in St. Louis and is talking contract.

Comment

• So far looking good for the Rams a S, OG, and LB. Snelling, Harris, and Mebane would be huge.

Has anyone heard if there is any WR they are interestd in or talking to.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

• They were apparently in the Sidney Rice talks but obviously didn't win that.

Softli was reporting that they were interested in Plaxico, but that hasn't gone anywhere and they seem to be out of the running there.

The only other option I've seen the Rams reported as showing interest in is... Brian Finneran. :\

Haven't heard much on the Mark Clayton front.

Comment

• I just read where they have 6 of the 8 draft picks signed. Just waiting on Quinn and Pettis.

Mebane looks to be headed back to Seattle, which would have been a double whammy for us.

Finneran wouldn't help at all. Clayton is injury prone.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

• Pettis signed today; Quinn is the only pick left unsigned.

Mebane resigned with Seattle today as well, yeah.

Comment

• A Texans friend of mine just sent me a msg laughing. Low risk move I guess, but I'm not expecting much. Not really a fan of the Harris move either, 37 coming back from an injury ravaged year where he hardly played. Meh. Gutted about Mebane, would have loved to have swiped him from the Hawks, but oh well. That would probably have been to good to be true.

Hoping we get Quinn signed up quickly, I'm liking how quick the rookies have been signing though, if that's going to be the case each year now, then the months of this lockout nonsense was probably worth it. The numbers they're getting as well are much easier to swallow.

Comment

• Justin Bannan may be the backup plan at DT. Heard some news that he and the Rams were talking yesterday as well as continued discussion with Mark Clayton. Something I found interesting looking back over Clayton's numbers, he played in 76 of 80 games with the Ravens. While he does seem to get nicked up often, last season was the only year in his career that he has really missed a significant amount of full games. He is some one with experience, decent hands, and most of all an ego that isn't very large to give time to the young guys (Alexander, Pettis, Salas) to work the way in. Personally, I would rather see him back than have Burress or Moss come in and possibly hinder Bradford's progression in making reads by demanding the ball.

Comment

• Rams plan on releasing Jacob Bell tomorrow after he refused to restructure his $6mil base salary...

http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora...98241904099328

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information