Free Agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Agency

Who do you like for the Rams to sign this offseason? A few guys I would like to see...

Cortland Finnegan, CB, Tennessee
    Carlos Rogers, CB, San Francisco
    Robert Meacham, WR, New Orleans
    Anthony Gonzalez, WR, Indianapolis
    Ben Grubbs, G, Baltimore
    Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Denver
    Michael Griffin, S, Tennessee
    John Carlson, TE, Seattle
    Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seattle

I'm interested to see what the Rams do as far as cuts go and restructures. Right now we don't have a ton of money to spend on Free Agents, if any. I think the Rams have roughly 3 million to spend right now.

Comment

That's interesting. I could have sworn I read a couple weeks ago that the Rams had one of the best cap situations in the league. For some reason $30 million in cap space comes to mind.

Comment

In this article, Howard Balzer makes it sound as if the Rams have around $15 million in cap space, and that's prior to their RFAs and ERFAs.

http://www.101espn.com/category/hbal...p-on-for-Size/

$125.675 million (Rams cap) - $110 million (Rams' top 51 players) ~ $15 million or so

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
          In this article, Howard Balzer makes it sound as if the Rams have around $15 million in cap space, and that's prior to their RFAs and ERFAs.

http://www.101espn.com/category/hbal...p-on-for-Size/

$125.675 million (Rams cap) - $110 million (Rams' top 51 players) ~ $15 million or so

Yeah but don't teams usually need around 5 million in cap space for rookies? That leaves around 5-10 million for free agents. And when the RFA and ERFA's are all signed I'm guessing we'll have roughly 5 million.

Unless I'm reading it wrong.

Comment

Wow, it really is amazing when you see how a handful of players take up so much of the dough. If I'm the Rams I think I would probably cut loose of Bartell (assuming this saves significantly against the cap) and insist on a pay cut for Smith. We are starting all over anyway so we might as well get our fiscal house in order and cut out any dead weight.

Boy, Long sure is in the driver's seat going into his contract year isn't he? With such a huge cap number his franchise tag number would be upwards of $20 million if we don't get a deal in place by this time next year.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information