No announcement yet.

What do we do with the pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if there's a year to keep the pick, this is it. I could see us trading down, but not into next years draft. We need to keep fresh after this season.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      I think if there's a year to keep the pick, this is it. I could see us trading down, but not into next years draft. We need to keep fresh after this season.
      But the point I was making included that fact of how easy next year is. I think we have like a .346 avg winning percentage. Even if we had a pretty good rotation, we could still do very well next year.

Comment

They trade the pick Pay the proven players. and move down and gain picks to help rebuild and restock they're aging defense.

Comment

Scott gave us Gholston and Cason in the latest mock. If things shake out like that, sitting is more than fine haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Scott gave us Gholston and Cason in the latest mock. If things shake out like that, sitting is more than fine haha.
            I would LOVE that.

Comment

That's scary good. Your dynasty will only get stronger.

As for the earlier mention of comp picks, I don't think you guys are getting any. Your free agents signings (Stallworth, Morris, K.Brady, Washington, not sure if there were any else) will offset your losses (TBC, Graham, not sure on any else)
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

to be honest, i dont think any one team could do better with two rounds.

Comment

Yeah, that is beyond ideal. I am excited that this DT from USC has elevated himself into the top 5ish, because that should hopefully drop a McFadden/Long/Gholston on our lap. Of course, that assumes that Matt Ryan goes to Atlanta...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                    Yeah, that is beyond ideal. I am excited that this DT from USC has elevated himself into the top 5ish, because that should hopefully drop a McFadden/Long/Gholston on our lap. Of course, that assumes that Matt Ryan goes to Atlanta...
                    I would be happy with anyone of Mcfadden, Long or Gholston.

Comment

Matty Ice has to come up big for the New England area one more time haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

After yesterdays loss I honestly believe that Hobbs should be a nickel back. I love him and he shows flashes but he is really inconsistent and will get beat big like he did to Plax.

What honestly hurts me the most about this game is our linebackers who have been labeled as old an ineffective really played hard but still will get no recognition. I know we were beat but that was one of the gutsiset performances I have ever seen from Seau or Bruschi. Our run defense played very well and I commend those guys for their efforts. As for the other LBs, I was thrilled to see Pierre Woods out there but he duffed it on Bradshaws fumble becuase he should've came away with that despite Bradshaw's great hustle. Vrabel was good against the run but he didn't make the big plays he has been making all season. As for Adailus, all I will say is I can't wait until he is playing full time ILB again. He is better suited there. God, we really need Rosie Colvin.

I still think we take a DE/LB but we definitely need at least one corner in the first 2 rounds. ***, Meriweather, and Hobbs were all inconcsistent and they are our young DBs we need to build this team on. Asante played unbeleivable, he and Welker were our 2 best out there to me. Rodney is old and did get beat twice I think, but he played decently overall. He wasn't wrapping up all game, he was just throwing his body around which almost resulted in Toomer taking it the distance once. Jams Sanders was pretty impressive again, I really like him. I didn't see too much Eugene Wilson, but if he was on the field then that means he wasn't getting beat.

We have some young depth in the secondary then you would initially think with guys who can play every position in Meriweather and Geno Wilson, James Sanders at safety (he has played both spots), and Asante, Hobbs, Randall G., and the occasional Willie Andrews at corner. That is a lot of young guys seeing as Harrison is the only elder statesman at DB who made an impact this year. That said, I think another corner or versatile guy would be a welcome addition to our secondary because the injury bug has crippled us and can again, its better to be prepared. If Cason were to fall to us I would be thrilled, but a big physical corner is what we need I think.

Pierre Woods got in there and he is a young face at LB but we all saw how Colvin's affected our enitre team and our season. He was possibly our defensive MVP and losing him will obviously hurt, but it shouldn't hurt us as much as it did. We need a fresh face at LB, I would love for it to be Vernon Gholston.

So here are our top needs as I see them after the Super Bowl.

1. DE/LB

I would be ecstatic if we got a terrific young athlete like Gholston. We are sitting pretty at #7 and we will get a shot at a goood prospect there.

2. Big, Physical CB

It is hard to find a corner who will match up with Plax and Hobbs did a great job of it all game aside from one play. The bottom line is that we have very little size in the secondary and if Hobbs didn't slip that would've been a jump ball. He's got hops but at 5-8 or 5-9 the 6-6 Plax is probably gonna win that battle despite Hobbs' hops.

3. OL

This is a big need as well. We got manhandled up front, especially in the interior. We need to take a few lineman because when Neal went down things went from bad to worse. Brady thrives off of time in the pocket and when he can't get that bad things will happen like they did yesterday. We couldn't even run the ball. Our OL was putrid yesterday.

TE

Our receiving TE was pretty much a nonfactor and our blocking TE was getting blown off the ball. I love Ben Watson but he dissappointed yesterday with a bonehead penalty and he made little impact in the passing game. Kyle Brady was pretty solid all year as a blocker but he struggled yesterday and looked embarassingly bad at times. He is old and drafting a TE at some point would be welcomed by me.

RB

Not a huge need in my opinion, when Sammy Morris is healthy we will be fine here. But a 3rd down back like Faulk would be a good pickup I believe, Faulk is getting older and when he went down yesterday our offense really struggled without him. We've got power with Evans, Morris, and Maroney to an extent but a flat out speed back in the later rounds or a 3rd down receiving type back might be a good pickup.

Please excuse me if I were repetitive or making no sense but I am still reeling. We got flat out beat and the best thing we can do is stay classy and you guys are all doing a great job I think. We may get some hell for a while but there is always next season, don't stoop down to the level of some people who are bashing the Pats way more than they need to be. We got beat fair and square and
                        Last edited by Don Vito; 02-04-2008, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I'm all for trading Richard Seymour to keep Asante Samuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                            I'm all for trading Richard Seymour to keep Asante Samuel.
                            No I wouldnt. I think everyone here would agree that your front is more improtant than your DB's. See the Giants.

I would not trade Seymour to keep Asante.

Comment

Thought the linebacking yesterday was very weak. Teddy and Seau are over the hill and not sure what was up with Vrabel who was getting pushed all over the field. Probably in order i would go with Chris Long, Keith Rivers and Dan Connor.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                                No I wouldnt. I think everyone here would agree that your front is more improtant than your DB's. See the Giants.

I would not trade Seymour to keep Asante.
                                I don't like what he is becoming, and I think he'd be easier to replace. Jarvis Green did great while Seymour was out. I think we could easily get a first for Seymour and replace him with a cheaper, younger part with better knees.

The secondary is what killed us. It wasn't the LB's. Ellis Hobbs is a great player. He is not a #1 or #2 corner in this league. He's a great nickel guy. But the Giants converted on third down at will, and they weren't the only team. The secondary is flawed, and losing Asante would kill us. Parting with Seymour is the best way to improve this defense from the bottom up, and there would be little drop off with in house candidates.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information