Ellis Hobbs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellis Hobbs

Hey, im just interested in what you guys can tell me about your second corner, Ellis Hobbs. Do you guys like him? Dislike him? Is he a good corner? Why, why not? Etc

Thanks folks

RIP ST

He'd be better as a nickel, but he can usually hold his own. Not great, not horrible. Fast. Small. Total warrior. Played with a sports hernia and torn labrum in his shoulder in the Super Bowl...

Comment

Yeah, I liked him, I thought he has more than held his own for the past 2 years or so. He has contained several top WR over the years. I like him, but definately not #1 worthy.

Comment

I agree, not a number 1, but a good servicable #2 guy. He plays bigger than he is, and although he is gonna get trashed for the super bowl, he had a decent game IMO, and had a pretty good year last year. tough to be opposite asante samuel, your gonna get thrown at alot
        Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

I think he will develop into a nice #2 corner. Right now hes a little too young. Hes a playmaker and fast. He has a lot of potential.

Comment

How'd Hobbs play this past season?

RIP ST

Comment

He gave up like eight touchdowns and had some more nagging injuries that he played through. However, he did a decent job considering he's really not cut out to be a #1 and going against guys like Vincent Jackson, etc. is really not his strong suit, since wide receivers at times had 8-9" on him. He plays bigger than he is, and he's physical, and decent in coverage. Amazing kick returner too.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                He gave up like eight touchdowns and had some more nagging injuries that he played through. However, he did a decent job considering he's really not cut out to be a #1 and going against guys like Vincent Jackson, etc. is really not his strong suit, since wide receivers at times had 8-9" on him. He plays bigger than he is, and he's physical, and decent in coverage. Amazing kick returner too.
                Yeah, I think he's best suited as a #2 guy. Are you guys going to draft a corner you think?

RIP ST

Comment

Maybe at some point but New England has a history of drafting corners in round 2-4 more often (Samuel, Hobbs, Eugene Wilson, Wheatley, Wilhite, etc.) and that's probably more the range they'd look at one in. They have some nice young guys right now so I think they're more likely to pick up some scrap heap corners like they do every year. I doubt they'd go after Asomugha or someone because they'd have to spend a lot of money and if they weren't willing to pay Asante last year, they won't do it with an outside guy.

Comment

I really don't like Hobbs that much...as a 2 or 1 type guy. As a nickel he looked great and looked like he had some serious potential. That happens with a lot of guys though. I really think we need to solidify our secondary situation, preferably with our second round picks and through smart free agent pickups.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

like him as a kick returner and nickel, but thats it.....

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Hobbs is an average at best #2 CB and an above average KR. I think I just close my eyes any time a WR over 6'2 goes against him because its over before it starts

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I still believe he is a solid number 2, but not a number 1 corner. he brings more to the table than just a cornerback, because of his return ability. the pats need a legit number 1 corner to play opposite hobbs.

Comment

I love Hobbs. He had to deal with a much greater work-load from poor safety play to lack of effectiveness on the other side of the field... I could see him getting to a much higher level of play next year with an improved secondary around him in 2009.
                            ________
                            VAPORIZER INFO
                            Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Ellis is a solid "system" type player. He does his job well and is certainly not a liability. But he's no Ty Law, either.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information