LB or CB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LB or CB?

what do you think is the biggest need of the patriots considering their need and the quality of the prospect for their 1st round draft pick.
    I know many will say that Belichik doesn't draft LB in the early round but there's always a first time.

For me I think that LB is the best choice in the top 10 considering Keith Rivers 'cause I don't like Mckelvin and Jenkins.
    However if we can trade down in the 15-25 spot I really like Rogers Cromartie.

So what are you thougt about this topic?

1. If were there at #7 with Gholston on the board i say take him. Hes the perfect pass rushing 3-4 olb.

2. If Gholston is gone, but a top player Dorsey, McFadden, Long etc falls I would trade out (People would love to have) and draft Cromartie

3. If Gholston is gone and the top players in the draft are gone. I would draft Rivers to play ILB

Biggest needs: OLB,CB,ILB

I say CB second because if we draft the number 1 corner on the board he still wont be able to play #1 corner in the nfl (which is what we need)

Comment

I think pats only go LB if Gholston is available...Vrabel can move inside and give Gholston the versatility Adalius has. If gholston is gone then CB is the deff. need. Lost asante and *** to FA this offseason and Hobbs has been far from trustworthy IMO.

Comment

I agree that CB is clearly a need, probably the biggest, but I dont see a corner who fits the system well enough to take there. The only exception to that would be Talib, who i feel would be a great pick, but would like to trade down to get him.
        Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

The ideal scenario in my opinion is Gholston in the first with Cason in the second. The staff is looking hard at Cason and I would be thrilled if we got him in the second, even if we have to trade up. Both positions are huge needs but I still say LB is need #1. We have turned a lot of DBs taken from round 2 on into very good players but we haven't drafted an impact LB in a while.

Comment

Bryant was a good sign for you guys.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Bryant must be categorized as this years Chad Scott. Anything we get from him will be a bonus based on his injury track record. A far cry from getting in the Ty Law sweepstakes eh ?

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
                I think pats only go LB if Gholston is available...Vrabel can move inside and give Gholston the versatility Adalius has. If gholston is gone then CB is the deff. need. Lost asante and *** to FA this offseason .
                Agreed with this.
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

i agree with everything all of you said. gholston would be the ideal pick at #7, but it doesnt look like that will happen anymore. i really dont think they pick a corner at the 7 spot. if they stay at seven, i think the only picks would be gholston, rivers, or surprise: Derrick Harvey. He can fit the OLB/DE position and is also an athletic freak. If they dont do either or those three, i believe they will trade down and target a corner, Talib, Jenkins, or DRC

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Give me Ghoulston! I think that the Jets will grab him at #6 just so the Pats can't get him... freaking Jets...
                    The NFL Draft is the consummation of all things sports. It is where the two greatest sports, who are gravitating toward each other all year, finally meet and kiss...

Comment

If you guys get Gholston, the League is gonna **** themselves scared.

Comment

If you think of the top 7 players in the draft: C. Long, J. Long, Ryan, Mcfadden, Dorsey, Ellis, Gholston; at least one (and probably 2 if the chiefs take alpert of clady) will fall too us. Following is what we should do depending on who falls. (In order of how likely it is.)

Sedrick Ellis: We trade to the Bengals (9) or Saints (10) and take Kieth Rivers who I view as a 10-15 pick, not a top 10.

Vernon Gholston: We take him! If anyone would give an obscene amount for him (2nd and 3rd in '08, 1st in '09, and 1st in 10') we trade, but otherwise we keep.

Darren McFadden: Take him, see if wee can get 2 later first rounders for him (cowboys) or a 1st and 3rd this year and a 1st next year. If not, keep him and have a great 2 back punch.

Dorsey: Take him, same thing as with Ellis but demand a bit more. (instead of trading for Saint's 1st and 6th, get 1st and 5th)

Ryan: Trade with Ravens (8) and then repeat with remaining player.

Chris Long: Take him, play him somehow.

Jake Long: Take him, convert him to or use him at RT until Light is gone.

Comment

The dream scenario right now for the Pats has to be Gholsten being there at 7, or Matt Ryan being there at 7. Gholston being there means we get a beast at LB and Ryan being there means we trade down to a more reasonable position and add a second or 09 first. Any other situation that is not Chris or Jake Long would be less than ideal...

Comment

what happens if most of those guys are gone, and derrick harvey and all the corners are left with no trade possibilities?

i think its gotta be keith rivers in that spot then

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

They'll trade down even if they only get a third. Anyone will move up for the right price. I agree that Rivers should be the guy at #7 if everyone else is gone... what we really have to hope for is a wild card jumping up in the top 6 leaving one of the big guns there at 7 even if just for a trade...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information