Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PacMan Jones- Patriot?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3305060

Later Friday, Arora told ESPN's Ed Werder that it's his understanding the Cowboys, the New England Patriots and the Detroit Lions are interested in Jones.

His agent wants him to go to a team with a winning tradition,
    good mentors and all that other yada yada.

I agree that we do have a way of curing cancer within the clubhouse...
    ... but are we pushin our luck with this one? (If it happens, that is)
    I like the physical tools and skills he can bring...
    but the rust from the year off and the off-field drama just isn't worth it to me.

What are your thoughts on this?
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

He would be rusty early but come playoff time he could be back to stud mode.

Comment

I think he would be a good asset to the organization as would the organization be a great asset to him.
      I think this is what he needs!

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********

Comment

Corey Dillion. Randy Moss. etc.
        Why not Pacman

Hes a good player and surround him with veterns like Teddy Junoir Brady etc they will keep him in control.

Comment

pacman would fill a need in a huge way. i really hope something gets done. i think pacman would turn his life around if he went here. remember, winning is the cure to everything haha

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Well we really need help at corner, and I think Pacman would be a great addition. He hasn't played in a while but he is an elite talent who could really ease the loss of Asante if he comes ready to play.

Comment

I hear that. Now I'm really hoping he doens't go to the cowboys.
              If he returns kicks for us as well... it'd give Dwight a break so he can
              focus on just being a beast at receiver.

Winning cures everything--- ain't that the truth
              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

He is an ass and so are any of you who want him on this team. Can we try to get back to being a class organization ? We tried it the other way last year, and if you all did not learn or REMEMBER the one thing that got you 3 super bowl championships was hunger and determination. You are not going to see our team get back there by being the most talented. Only by being the most determined and willing will that happen.

I did not want to see Randy Moss on this team. He did not bring us a championship because that is not what he does. He did make us the most prolific offense in history and just how does that feel to wrap your arms around today ? Pac man is fool and I would rather pay to see what BB can do with another 4th round pick than see that prick in a Patriot's uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
                  He is an ass and so are any of you who want him on this team. Can we try to get back to being a class organization ? We tried it the other way last year, and if you all did not learn or REMEMBER the one thing that got you 3 super bowl championships was hunger and determination. You are not going to see our team get back there by being the most talented. Only by being the most determined and willing will that happen.

I did not want to see Randy Moss on this team. He did not bring us a championship because that is not what he does. He did make us the most prolific offense in history and just how does that feel to wrap your arms around today ? Pac man is fool and I would rather pay to see what BB can do with another 4th round pick than see that prick in a Patriot's uniform.
                  dude you are rediculous. it wasnt randy moss' fault that we didnt win the super bowl. it was our defense that gave up that miracle play, and dropped two interceptions on that final drive. moss came up with the huge go ahead TD with like three minutes left. pacman would greatly improve our secondary, and you are a fool if you dont see the fact that it would improve our chances of winning a superbowl. look at the malcontents that came to the pats, corey dillon, randy moss.... i think they worked our pretty well.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Originally posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post

Anyone who disagrees with this is rediculous. Seriously, remember the years when we won with JR Redmond at RB? Jermaine Wiggins at TE? Troy Brown and David Patten at WR? A young unproven Tom Brady at QB? That was hunger, will, hard work and determination. That was what won us those SuperBowls.

Man, you are so right about this. I have no rep to give you or I would definately give it you on the spot. I was the same way with NE trading for Randy Moss. I would hate to see Pacman here.

Remember the days when we won the Superbowl with Hank Poteat, Eartwind Moreland, a rookie in Ellis Hobbs, an unproven Asante Samuel and Troy Brown playing DB? Yeah, that is what the Patriots are about. Not assholes who we can "supposedly" fix into character guys.

Comment

Hahahahaha, holy BALLS, you guys "were the same with Randy Moss"? The Dude who received an NFL record 23 touchdowns? Yeah...that's.....that's a real Sane thing to say....a Very Sane thing to say.

Question: Did Moss drop that pick? Was Moss the ref who didn't call that hold? Did Moss forget to defend the ball on Tyree? Is Moss really Ellis Hobbs, so it was Moss on Burress there? Or was Moss just the guy who caught 4 passes and the TD on the go-ahead drive before the Genius Belicheck messed up and that hole-infested defense finally gave way?

Rebut that, please.

Pac-Man would help the Pats at corner and punt returner (I didn't see Welker really do much there this year) and the Pats have proven their ability to handle headcases (Harrison, Dillon, and Moss). Obviously if the price is too high you go Meh and pass.

But if he can be had for a low-price, signed for low-cost, why not take the risk when the potential reward is so high?

Comment

Originally posted by RollingMoss View Post
                        Hahahahaha, holy BALLS, you guys "were the same with Randy Moss"? The Dude who received an NFL record 23 touchdowns? Yeah...that's.....that's a real Sane thing to say....a Very Sane thing to say.

Question: Did Moss drop that pick? Was Moss the ref who didn't call that hold? Did Moss forget to defend the ball on Tyree? Is Moss really Ellis Hobbs, so it was Moss on Burress there? Or was Moss just the guy who caught 4 passes and the TD on the go-ahead drive before the Genius Belicheck messed up and that hole-infested defense finally gave way?

Rebut that, please.

Pac-Man would help the Pats at corner and punt returner (I didn't see Welker really do much there this year) and the Pats have proven their ability to handle headcases (Harrison, Dillon, and Moss). Obviously if the price is too high you go Meh and pass.

But if he can be had for a low-price, signed for low-cost, why not take the risk when the potential reward is so high?
                        Rebutting this is very easy.

Re-read what we wrote. Did we anywhere say that it was Moss' fault? Did I ever put the loss on Moss? If you opened your eyes and read what I wrote you wouldnt need to write stupid things. I said that I was weary when Moss was traded here. I wasnt a fan of the deal when it happened. Obviously it worked out for the better since then, and have I blamed anyone idividual for the loss? Please, read things before you speak. You make yourself look stupid.

Secondly, I would like to add that Harrison, Dillon and Moss were different "headcases" than Pacman. Moss, Harrison and Dillon weren't repeatedly going to strip joints after they had been on probation and been told countless times not to be associated with them. Pacman obviously has a mental problem or some sort of problem in which he doesnt comprehend. In fact, it seems that you are along those lines as well.

Comment

Yes....I'm the one who looks stupid now....

Anyway, I was responding to a composite of you two posters there. That you were "leary" of the trade isn't something I'd be trumping around - that's what I was laughing at. And - as you said, hey, we can agree on something - comparing Moss to Pac-Man is quite, quite dumb.

The other poster - which is really who those questions were directed to - said "he didn't bring us a championship". My questions were mainly directed to him, not you. I respect that you wanted to defend him as vigorously as you did though. Nice, uh, insults?

You're "rebutting" wasn't much, either. He has a "mental problem"? How so? Does Jared Allen have a mental problem? Leonard Little? I'd say so (much worse than PacMan, by the way) - but they're both gainfully employed right now. Yes, he's had repeated and unexcusable run-ins with the law - but last I checked, the NFL doesn't really care about that as long as they can use you, and the Pats could use PacMan. And, to borrow cliches, Winning and Changes of Scenary Cure All.

Repeatedly going to strip joints isn't illegal, by the way. In fact, it's good entertainment. I suggest you go to one soon, loosen ya up.

Now - as I said - if Pac-Man can be had cheap, I think it's something the Pats should do, considering their needs. If it's more expensive, like a 4th and not a no-risk contract, I think they should pass. Is that "mental" thing to think?
                          Last edited by RollingMoss; 03-27-2008, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Son, you just need to brighten your bulb al little. My issues are not with Pacman Jones as a football player. My issues are related to the dynamic of building a team. Character and determination can overcome superior talent, and it is often more entertaining to see that happen.

The Giants victory over the Patriots was very reminiscent to the Pats beating the Rams back in '01.

No where did I bash Moss. He brought a lot to the team, but he was a huge change in what kind of players we brought in here to be a part of this team. I am sure the thought process was that a core of character guys still existed. It is not so much challenging Moss lack of character as it is aknowledging that the mix of guys was always special here before, lots of lunchpail type players that needed to work a little harder, needed to have a chip on their shoulder, needed to buy into a team first mentality in order to succeed.

I can't disagree that Pacman Jones on paper makes our corner situation a great deal better. I just don't live my life on paper. I have said this many times before, WInning is great, but how you play the whole season, every year means something to me too. I have watched every game this team has played since 1976 and winning has not been theover ridding result all those years. Class and character are important threads to the fabric of why I am a fan snf ehy you can take Pacman somewhere else.

There was no comparison of Moss to Jones in my last post. I will sday here that there would be similarities if Jones was aquired now. That recipe of building a team is delicate, you do need talent, you do need heart, leaders, followers, God fearing men , and hellraisers. It is my point that our past recipes for success included far more of the hungry, unproven guy willing to listen to the plan, than the ultra talented, sometimes unfocused prima donna.

Comment

.....Son?..... presumptious....and I love that I need to brighten my bulb "al ittle bit". That, Dad, was a good one.

The Giants victory was a reminder that Belicheck overlooked how Old his D had gotten, Harrison forget how to bat down a ball, and Ellis Hobbs played like Ellis Hobbs. Nothing more, nothing less. You play that game 10 more times, the Pats probably win 9.

You words imply that the Pats weren't hungry and didn't want it as much - I would laugh at that too, considering they were playing for More than just a Super Bowl. They definately wanted it - the D played great for 3 qtrs and the O did what it had to. The D just bent too much for the first time all year, and considering the age of the players and the pressure, it's not that surprising in hindsight.

And since the D bent - and mainly, the secondary - I'd think wanting to improve that would be high on the offseason list. Getting a lowrisk highreward guy like PacMan - who could be cut if he got out of line - would seem like a good idea.

You didn't bash Moss? You said you didn't want him and that he didn't bring a Ring because that's "not what he does" - I'd call that a bash and I laughed at that - Without Moss, the Pats weren't 18-0, they probably weren't even in the Super Bowl, and ****, maybe not even in the AFCChampionship game. But yeah, you didn't want Moss then, and admitted to it after his record-setting season. I laugh.

You didn't compare Jones to Moss...Then why bring up Moss when talking about Jones? Why bring him up? Sure, you didn't specifically compare the two, but....come on. You did, buddy - oh, sorry - Dad.

And it's good you don't live your life on paper, but in the NFL, talent rules all - even to Belicheck (Meriweather, Harrison, Dillon, etc.). Where's Corey Dillon fit into your nice paperless, character life, by the way? Anyway though, talent rules all. Deal with it.

Now - ONCE AGAIN - if the pricetag for PacMan is too high - and it's lookin' like it might be - then yes, forget about it. But, if you could add him to that team - a team with Brady, Bruschi, Harrison, and Belicheck to keep him in line and a coldhearted Pioli ready to cut him if he screws up - that would seem like a good idea.

Also: You're "Hungry" analogy dies in the water too. I'd think PacMan would be VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY hungry and anxious to prove everyone wrong about him - on and off the field.

And, after all, isn't a hungry player the best player, Dad?

pwnage.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information