Opinions on Pat's Draft Strategy for 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Pat's Draft Strategy for 2008

I wanted to know what you other Patriots' fans feel the teams strategies should be going into draft day. Who are some guys that you would like New England to select? Who are some guys that would fit great in the Patriots systems? Any potential UDFA's they should bring in for looks?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Im looking for them to trade the #7 pick. There really isnt a strong need for us to draft anyone other than Chris Long or Vernon Gholston at 7.

I want J Leman so bad. He reminds me of Tedy Bruschi so much. Wouldnt mind getting Anthony Collins, though I doubt he falls that low. Antoine Cason seems like he would be a GREAT fit in NE, and Id like him. Perhaps Josh Barret as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
      Im looking for them to trade the #7 pick. There really isnt a strong need for us to draft anyone other than Chris Long or Vernon Gholston at 7.

I want J Leman so bad. He reminds me of Tedy Bruschi so much. Wouldnt mind getting Anthony Collins, though I doubt he falls that low. Antoine Cason seems like he would be a GREAT fit in NE, and Id like him. Perhaps Josh Barret as well.
      I would love to see J Leman as a Patriot. One of my favorite players from my favorite college team going to my favorite NFL team. I would be in heaven on draft day.

Comment

I want the pats to get Jonathan Goff real bad. I agree that Cason looks like a great fit, same with Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams. I also expect them to take at least one TE in the draft, with one being a big blocking type, perhaps Cottam as a project type? I also personally like Zbikowski and Steltz for safeties.
        Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

My Opinion on what they should do is... First I would love to see them get the 1st round pick #7 overall traded. A lot of teams are hurting more than them and they could get a great deal for that pick. The #7 pick will hurt there cap room pretty bad. This will prevent that and give them extra picks or maybe even fill a team need.

If they can not trade the pick then I think they either go CB or LB. If Gholston is still available which is very doubtful then that would be the pats best case scenario. If Gholston is gone then I say they go CB. Mckelvin should be the pick for CB but picking Mckelvin is still a bit of a reach thats why i think they should seriously consider trading out of #7.

Their major team needs are CB, DB, an RT. After they fill those needs in the later rounds then I would like to see them draft a WR that could fill Stallworths spot which will allow the pats to keep welker in the slot. Gaffney just doesnt cut it for me.

Comment

I think if they stay at 7 they will either reach for a corner, like mike jenkins, or go a surprise pick like an OT ( i know its been talked about alot, but it is still somewhat surprising)
            Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Would it be more ideal to trade down to take a more proven college player at CB or LB, than to take one of the guys with the 7th pick who has been possibly a bit overhyped? For example Gholston, Rodgers-Cromartie, and McKelvin.

How would you guys feel about someone like Connor, Cason, or Talib?

Comment

Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
                Would it be more ideal to trade down to take a more proven college player at CB or LB, than to take one of the guys with the 7th pick who has been possibly a bit overhyped? For example Gholston, Rodgers-Cromartie, and McKelvin.

How would you guys feel about someone like Connor, Cason, or Talib?
                Cason and Talib are my two fav CB, and I think both would thrive in NE. Connor would probably be used as ILB, and I would have no problems with that. I really want to trade down.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                  Cason and Talib are my two fav CB, and I think both would thrive in NE. Connor would probably be used as ILB, and I would have no problems with that. I really want to trade down.
                  I really would love to see them swing some sort of deal with Dallas so we could pick up the 22nd and 28th picks. The Pats could grab either Talib or Cason at 22, then Connor at 28. Boy would that be sweet.

Comment

Well I would'nt mind having Mcklevin or Gholston at #7.

I want Goff badly too as for J Leman I think he will be there later in round 6-7 and I would absolutely love the Pats to pick him.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

I really would love to see them swing some sort of deal with Dallas so we could pick up the 22nd and 28th picks. The Pats could grab either Talib or Cason at 22, then Connor at 28. Boy would that be sweet.
                      I would have absolutely no problems with that.

Comment

I don't like Connor in the first round. I feel there is so much more talent in round 2-3 at ILB and we can still draft one in later rounds in J Leman.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
                          I don't like Connor in the first round. I feel there is so much more talent in round 2-3 at ILB and we can still draft one in later rounds in J Leman.
                          Would you be more comfortable with Curtis Lofton? Maybe Beau Bell at the end of round 2?

Comment

Would you be more comfortable with Curtis Lofton? Maybe Beau Bell at the end of round 2?
                            If Curtis is there at the end of round 2 ? Yes, don't know if he fits in the NE system though

Beau bell in round 3, I would really like this pick. Solid Linebacker.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

i would love to trade #7 for #22 and #28

#22 i would love to have jenkins or one of the dropping OTs (if it happens)

#28 i would absolutely love cason or a guy like curtis lofton

all the names u guys menton i would love.... like leman, lofton, cason, talib, jenkins, connor, goff

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information