No announcement yet.

Patriots' 2008 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see us keepin a RB, TE, OL, DL and a LB. One of each for depth.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but... wasn't out punter pretty good when we actually had to use him???
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Prediction of Signings

Green-Ellis. DeVree. Coffman. Redd

Comment

Redd will make the roster! her has too much size and speed.

Comment

i think if anything gus i believe that he will make the practice squad and eventually work his way onto the roster in the future...

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

What's the word been on Gary Guyton. He was an interesting athlete, has the coaching staff said anything about him and is he playing special teams?

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan View Post
              What's the word been on Gary Guyton. He was an interesting athlete, has the coaching staff said anything about him and is he playing special teams?
              I havent read anything specifically that the coaches have said, but he has been getting a pretty decent amount of playing time on the defense. That combined with the fact that he is an undrafted rookie free agent, and you gotta think the coaches are very high on him. i mean, he made the roster when guys like victor hobson did not.
              Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Guyton has been contributing on special teams nad has seen his fair share of reps on defense. He has ridiculous speed and he seems to be learning the defense faster than Crable or Redd because he has been on the field more. He definitely will be a great special teamer with some huge potential as a linebacker.

Comment

Guyton has looked very good in limited action. His speed is really ridiculous. I think we found two guys who are extremely capable of starting inside for us.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I'm with you EE. I don't think we go LB round 1 not just because Mayo is a beast but we picked up some guys with huge upside in the last class in Guyton, Crable, and Redd. We have huge holes in the secondary that need to be shored up. We should still go after a backer, maybe even in the first or second, but I would be much happier if we looked for secondary and OL help there. Guyton could wind up a starter but even if he doesn't, he will be a force on special teams and a solid backup (which he looks to be already). He put on a show in postseason workouts, I was shocked that he went undrafted.

Comment

He not only put on a show, he blew them up. He had a good Senior Bowl too, if I remember correctly. He should not have gone undrafted. If the draft was done over, I might just take him in the second if I was a team that needed a linebacker. I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself, but he's that fast and talented. He'll start for us one day...and sooner rather than later. Book it.

We have a lot of upside waiting outside too. I think Crable has a better shot of panning out than Redd, but both of them could end up being scary if they end up being what they can.

As far as drafting a linebacker goes, I wouldn't mind taking Clay Matthews at one point. He's almost made for our defense.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Yeah I would have no problem if we took a guy like Clay Matthews, he is definitely taylor made to play in our defense. He is a football player, a tough guy who has a great motor. He shouldn't go any earlier than the third round as of now and I think we shouldn't go for a linebacker any earlier than that because we have more pressing needs. However, the staff may fall in love with someone and take him in the first.

If Guyton, Crable, and Redd all pan out and reach their immense potential than we should have a ridiculous group of linebackers. Crable-Mayo-Guyton-Redd would be a lot of athleticism to deal with.

Comment

I'm really glad we have all this young upside in our linebacking core. BB loves LB's, so you know that one of them will end up doing something, maybe two. The smart money is on Guyton.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

One of the best drafts in a while.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information