Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a good signing, that's for sure. He has experience and anyone who played for the Raiders has to have a lot of heart. lol

Nothing about Oakland says "development" so I'd say the guy probably still has plenty of potential. Given the right environment he could be a great backup.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Walter's really good and was hosed by the Raiders. Would have been the #1 pick over Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers had he not been injured in college. In the Pats' system, he'll have a chance to get back his confidence and show what he's capable of doing. Pretty excited for this one.

Comment

• Jeff Garcia was cut by the Raiders, that could be a great option for us.

Comment

• Garcia's a horrible fit for the Pats.

Comment

• We need a backup QB and yes scheme wise NE isn't what he is best suited for but if Brady goes down he is the type of guy we want coming on the field. He is a winner and I don't want to see Hoyer at the reigns.

Comment

• CONGRATULATIONS PATRIOTS ... on fleecing the Oakland Raiders! Wow! a 1st rd pick in 2011 for Richard Seymour. You must want to keep Wilfork (smart choice) but imho the NFL needs to step in and run that poor Oakland franchise. This is coming from a Lion's fan ;o)

Comment

• Haha, we'll have to wait and see how the trade turns out before we can declare it a fleecing. Seymour will be missed however.
                Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

• With the first pick in the 2011 NFL the New England Patriots select Julio Jones

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                    With the first pick in the 2011 NFL the New England Patriots select Julio Jones
                    oooOOOOOOooooo... I wouldn't mind that.

K. Simmons signs with the Pats.
                    He's an OG. Adds some depth. I always like that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ndall-simmons/
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Pats were missing their token black offensive lineman after cutting Billy.

Comment

• The Browns released Leon Williams. I would welcome his addition with open arms with the state of our linebacking corps, he could be a nice option to rotate inside with Guyton alongside Mayo (when he's back).

Comment

• I like Leon Williams. He'd fit pretty well, and he knows the system.

I'd take Derrick Brooks too.

Comment

• Rumours in Detroit that the Lions should trade Calvin Johnson. Nothing concrete yet but by the sounds of it a lot of Lions fans are open to it. If BB wanted to go after him what would he be worth, remembering if any team has the ammunition its probably the Pats.

I said this year's 1st, Oakland's 1st next year and a 4th this year.

Thoughts???

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                              Rumours in Detroit that the Lions should trade Calvin Johnson. Nothing concrete yet but by the sounds of it a lot of Lions fans are open to it. If BB wanted to go after him what would he be worth, remembering if any team has the ammunition its probably the Pats.

I said this year's 1st, Oakland's 1st next year and a 4th this year.

Thoughts???
                              I wouldn't offer more than an early second or MAYBE our late first, and there's no way in hell I'd give up two first round picks. Calvin Johnson impresses everyone with his size, speed, and highlights, but overall he's not one of the best 15 or 20 receivers in the league if you ask me. His metrics have been terrible since he came into the league. He dropped I believe 9 passes last year (maybe more), equal to Terrell Owens, and to this point has dropped 8 passes in 2009. The percent of passes he's caught has been very low all of the seasons - 52% each of his first two years. This year, it's 47.2%, which makes him one of the bottom 10 or so receivers in the league in terms of catch percentage. For reference, Welker is at 77%, Moss is at 58%.

This team doesn't need more offense - maybe better playcalling. The defense has been the problem for YEARS and it hasn't been addressed at all, aside from the failed Thomas signing.

Comment

• As much as I'd love to see CJ in a Pats' uniform, I think our needs at LB & Oline are too important to trade top picks in exchange for a WR.

I'm not overly concerned with Moss right now and would still like to see Tate have a full OTA, mini-camp and camp session heading into the 2010 season. Moss has always seemed like a rhythm based player to me and I expect him to pick it up as the team around him picks up momentum.

I'd rather keep those picks right now and be able to shore up the OL and LBs over the next few years. We will also have the opportunity to draft a WR with some of those picks, too and add him to the fold heading into the 11-12 seasons when we will certainly need help at the position.
                                Last edited by FlyingElvis; 12-16-2009, 02:37 PM.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information