Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so Josh Cribbs is probably out of Cleveland now. My question is would it be worth going after him, paying him approximately 3 mill a year? He would immediately upgrade the return game, led the Browns on special teams tackles and on offense would mean we could pass on someone like Spiller and focus on defense and o line. What would you give for him? Do you want him? I'd give the last second rounder for him

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• I'd give any second rounder for him & the money it would take - assuming it's in the neighborhood of 3 million per year. He's young, incredibly talented, upgrades any return game to top 3 in the league and would (imo) excel as a WR2 with Moss on one side & Welker in the slot. Plus he looked very good in the wildcat for Cleveland this season.

The guy was excellent on a terrible team. He would be a beast in a situation like we have.

My only hesitation would be the chance at missing on a potential stud pass rusher if we gave up one of our earlier second round picks. If we could manage it as a draft day trade based on the available talent I would be all for it.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Would love to have Cribbs. I think he can really be a weapon a team with an offense like ours.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Sorry for trollin, but I wanted to throw a trade idea by you for your thoughts on it...

Do you think that the Pats would trade their second or third 2nd round pick to Detroit for Julian Peterson?

This is the way I see it: The Pats are going to remain legit SB contenders for at least the next couple of years imo. Peterson would project very well as a pass rushing OLB who has the veteran presence, leadership and general demeanor that the Hoody seems to covet. In the type of defensive system that NNE runs, I think that he could easily return to his Pro Bowl form. His salary for the upcoming season is $7.5 mil...

In return, the Lions get a pick that would help them continue to grow their young core of players.

Thoughts?
          [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I like Peterson but I think our youth movement is in full swing too, I can't see us giving up a draft pick for a player this year. We need top young talent, but if we bring a vet in anywhere I could see it being at LB whether in FA or possibly a trade.

Like I said I'm a Peterson fan but he is 31 and if we gave up a second rounder for him I'd be pretty upset.

Comment

• Peterson doesn't fit the Pats. He's a smaller pass rushing LB... The Pats will typically roll with the bigger is better theory. Belichick has passed on a lot of players due to their lack of size.

They're going hard after Peppers this off-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                Peterson doesn't fit the Pats. He's a smaller pass rushing LB... The Pats will typically roll with the bigger is better theory. Belichick has passed on a lot of players due to their lack of size.
                ^^This! And this i the reason why I think that he'll be taking a good look at Kindle and Sapp. Kindle is imo proven, has great size and upside. Sapp has much more upside, especially physically, so I could see BB drafting him a bit higher than most of us would like.

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                They're going hard after Peppers this off-season.
                I really hope not. He doesn't fit the scheme and his motor runs hot and cold. I don't think he's a team player or a lockerroom leader - the Patriots need both desperatly. Besides that, I don't think he would fit under the cap.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by noondog View Post
                  Sorry for trollin, but I wanted to throw a trade idea by you for your thoughts on it...

Do you think that the Pats would trade their second or third 2nd round pick to Detroit for Julian Peterson?

This is the way I see it: The Pats are going to remain legit SB contenders for at least the next couple of years imo. Peterson would project very well as a pass rushing OLB who has the veteran presence, leadership and general demeanor that the Hoody seems to covet. In the type of defensive system that NNE runs, I think that he could easily return to his Pro Bowl form. His salary for the upcoming season is $7.5 mil...

In return, the Lions get a pick that would help them continue to grow their young core of players.

Thoughts?
                  I agree with what the Don said. It is now looking like a full bore restocking is under way for our defense. At his age, Peterson doesn't really fit into the mix well. But if you'd like Adalius Thomas we might consider it. ;)

NE's second round pick might be ok but not with either of the higher picks from Tenn & Jax. We have no 3rd round pick b/c it was sent to Oakland for Burgess. Another fading pass rusher . . . which would probably make me personally want to steer clear of doing something like that again this coming off season.

I'd rather see NE try to get a guy like Peppers (as long as it costs $$$ only, no picks) than Peterson. At least Pep's bad years are 6 and 7 sacks versus the 2 and 3 sack season Peterson has as bad years. Though I doubt NE goes after Peppers at all b/c he'd have to play a new position and would cost a ton of $$$ in an off-season where we have to work out new deals for Wilfork and Mankins.

Comment

• They were set to go after Peppers last year. Jason Taylor was the backup plan, but he chose Miami. They want an athletic, full-sized 4-3 DE at OLB. That's what they had with McGinnest, and it's what Belichick has always looked for.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                      They were set to go after Peppers last year. Jason Taylor was the backup plan, but he chose Miami. They want an athletic, full-sized 4-3 DE at OLB. That's what they had with McGinnest, and it's what Belichick has always looked for.
                      But they won't pay top dollar and I don't expect Peppers to take a big discount. I'd love to see him get a shot under BB but I doubt they make a big push for one of the most expensive FA's to hit the market. If he's tagged you can completely forget about him. No way in hell NE pays his high dollar contract and gives up picks for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                        But they won't pay top dollar and I don't expect Peppers to take a big discount. I'd love to see him get a shot under BB but I doubt they make a big push for one of the most expensive FA's to hit the market. If he's tagged you can completely forget about him. No way in hell NE pays his high dollar contract and gives up picks for him.
                        After cutting seymour and basically every veteran to get young on D, I'd rather just try to get some top notch pass rushers in the draft rather then get a guy for what two years most? Keep the youth movement going, I'd love for us to become a defensive team again :)

Originally posted by WMD
                        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                        Originally posted by gpngc
                        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                          After cutting seymour and basically every veteran to get young on D, I'd rather just try to get some top notch pass rushers in the draft rather then get a guy for what two years most? Keep the youth movement going, I'd love for us to become a defensive team again :)
                          I'm with you, but if we can have both that would be even better. Which is why I say don't spend picks on Pep, but if we can get him and some young guys then let them learn from him that would be the best of both worlds.

Comment

• I think the Peppers thing died when this season started. Can't see us paying him open market dollar for him, nor should we.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• There aren't a lot of unrestricted FAs this year, so I'm interested in hearing who you think is in/out this offseason. Here's my list:

OUT:
                              Adalius Thomas
                              Jarvis Green
                              Stephen Neal (retirement)
                              Chris Hanson
                              Pierre Woods
                              Leigh Bodden (I think he wants to get paid)

I'm sure there are a few others I forgot about. Matt Light is also a candidate to get cut/traded.

IN:
                              Willie Parker
                              Dunta Robinson
                              Jason Taylor (just read something about today, wouldn't surprise me at all)
                              (Anquan Boldin - some rumors about giving up a second rounder for him straight up)

I don't think they'll pursue Dansby due to the hefty pricetag he'll likely have.

Who do you think is in/out?

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                              I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• I'd like for us to keep J.Green, P.Woods (depth-rotational role) and Hanson.
                                I like Bodden as well but not willing to pay big for him so I'm with you.
                                S.Springs is likely to retire this year as well... I read somewhere

I'd love for us to get D.Robinson. Don't care for J.Taylor. He didn't impress this year.
                                Willie Parker would be nice but we have enough injury prone RBs on the roster
                                Q is another player who would excell in our system but again- he's 30 and injury prone.
                                I guess I'd be okay with us giving up our last pick in the 2nd for him but even then I'd be scared about the injuries.
                                He's one tough SOB and I'd love to have him in the red white/silver and blue
                                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information