Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiken sucks. If he was any good, the Pats wouldn't have struggled so greatly to move the ball and score when it mattered. Aiken's 30. He's not going to "develop".

I don't get the Benn thing... The guy wasn't even the #1 WR on his college team. He had 7 TDs despite playing a lot in his 3 years at Illinois. His stats in Illinois's 3 wins this year were 4 catches for 52 yards and 1 TD (he had 2 TDs all year).

Comment

• I wasn't suggesting someone to 'replace' Welker, but rather to add another element and keep edelman in the slot where he belongs.

I think we need a guy outside, maybe Tate is it, but that is a big maybe. Like Crable was maybe the pass rush we needed.
      Breed's QB Philosophy:
      Originally posted by Breed
      At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
        Aiken sucks. If he was any good, the Pats wouldn't have struggled so greatly to move the ball and score when it mattered. Aiken's 30. He's not going to "develop".

I don't get the Benn thing... The guy wasn't even the #1 WR on his college team. He had 7 TDs despite playing a lot in his 3 years at Illinois. His stats in Illinois's 3 wins this year were 4 catches for 52 yards and 1 TD (he had 2 TDs all year).
        the reason why his stats werent there was because they had a quarterback he couldnt get him the ball, and his qb would tuck it and scramble alot or throw an interception. the skills are there man, i think he could be a stud.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Looks like Kareem Osgood is trying to land himself a deal with NE. :)

Besides that, he said that he would like to play for BB. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
          I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Kassim Osgood is from Boston.

Comment

• yeah, so the article said anyways. But Kassim? Ooops.. :) All I know about this guy is that he's one helluva special teamer!

Originally posted by ElectricEye
              I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Yea, he can be our new L.Izzo aka ST's ACE and captain

I didn't know Aiken was 30... wow...

You can't knock Benn for his production- his team sucked and his QB was worse
                with that said- the fact that he's still well known is bc he is very talented
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I like Benn. Don't love him, but I like him. He has Anquan Boldin tools(with better measurable athletic ability). Big time run after the catch guy, maybe not so polished on running routes because of rawness and coming out of the spread. Juice Williams was really weird quarterback for Illinois. Productive(mostly because of the spread), but super erratic. Can't blame Benn for not producing with him throwing the majority of the passes.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Benn would be a perfect fit in our receiving corps. We have the deep threat in Moss and Welker handles the short stuff, adding a big physical guy like Benn would be super.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                      Benn would be a perfect fit in our receiving corps. We have the deep threat in Moss and Welker handles the short stuff, adding a big physical guy like Benn would be super.

Exactly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                        I like Benn. Don't love him, but I like him. He has Anquan Boldin tools(with better measurable athletic ability). Big time run after the catch guy, maybe not so polished on running routes because of rawness and coming out of the spread. Juice Williams was really weird quarterback for Illinois. Productive(mostly because of the spread), but super erratic. Can't blame Benn for not producing with him throwing the majority of the passes.
                        His routes are raw and his hands are terrible. Other than that, he's a stellar WR.
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I'll take it- mid 2nd!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                            I'll take it- mid 2nd!
                            I'd rather pick up a FA WR given the Patriots currently have a good stable (if healthy) of WRs. Brandon Tate is a first round caliber WR that went in the 3rd because of his ACL tear and pot smoking. Wes Welker is the leagues best at getting open. Randy Moss is... well Randy Moss. Julian Edelman fills the gaps nicely. A guy like a Kassim Osgood would be a healthy add that would give the patriots a bit of depth at WR.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                              His routes are raw and his hands are terrible. Other than that, he's a stellar WR.
                              He is a project but adding a WR with his skillset would be nice, we don't have anyone in that mold. Having Brady at QB with Moss and Welker would do nothing but help develop a young wideout.

By the way love the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                                I'd rather pick up a FA WR given the Patriots currently have a good stable (if healthy) of WRs. Brandon Tate is a first round caliber WR that went in the 3rd because of his ACL tear and pot smoking. Wes Welker is the leagues best at getting open. Randy Moss is... well Randy Moss. Julian Edelman fills the gaps nicely. A guy like a Kassim Osgood would be a healthy add that would give the patriots a bit of depth at WR.
                                Osgood's a ST guy that can't be relied upon to be a WR. The modern era Steve Tasker (minus the kick returning). Tate hasn't shown anything other than he's injury prone. Edelman is a copy of Welker, and they can only be on the field together in limited 4 WR situations in lieu of a TE (even so, they still need a vertical WR on the outside). Aiken is the same as Osgood (but worse). The only other WR on the roster is Stanback, who I like but put no stock in.

The Pats really need to draft a high level talent at WR.
                                Last edited by nepg; 01-31-2010, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information