Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good lord I hope Razor is right. Porter and Merriman are two guys who I would absolutely hate in NE. Being forced to cheer for either of those two douchenozzles would severly dampen my gameday enjoyment.

I think Porter will go anywhere the money is right. It very well may be nowhere, as his reputation is terrible and his play has fallen off so much that he could very well be untouchable. I forsee a 1 year deal in his future that could lead to a mid-season cut.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I'd like to see Antonio Pierce brought in to plug the ILB depth spot.

Comment

• Anyone think Jason Taylor is a possibility? He will be a UFA.
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I think he's definitely a possibility if Miami decides to go completely young at OLB.

Comment

• If he decides not to retire, BB has shown a major interest in him in the past and he fits every single requirement BB loves in OLB's. If we do pick him up, he better not change our draft plans because what we really need on defense is promise at OLB. One year of Jason Taylor, or maybe even half a year, won't do us much good.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I rather have Porter or Merriman then ******* Jason Taylor. That dudes done
              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Porter is never playing here, at least I would be shocked if he did. He hates us and we hate him, it has been that way ever since he came into the league. The Pats and Merriman have always been at odds but there is a decent shot at us making a run at him just because he is still so young and has shown that he can be a dominant player. Steroids could have been what made him that player, that or injuries have slowed him. He still looks massive so I don't know what it is. All I know is there is a chance he ends up here because he is an elite talent at our top position of need and he is only 25.

Jason Taylor is all but done, he used to be great but he has regressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                  I'd like to see Antonio Pierce brought in to plug the ILB depth spot.
                  With very little left in the tank and a serious neck injury . . . no thanks.

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                  Anyone think Jason Taylor is a possibility? He will be a UFA.
                  Meh. He's done. He might flash a play here or there but I wouldn't really expect any more from him than I would from a rookie at this point. So give me the rookie.

Comment

• Resign TBC and Burgess and you have two veteran players at the OLB position. Then bring in two rookies and let Ninkovich and Crable battle it out for the fifth spot. That would be may plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                      With very little left in the tank and a serious neck injury . . . no thanks.

Meh. He's done. He might flash a play here or there but I wouldn't really expect any more from him than I would from a rookie at this point. So give me the rookie.
                      They don't need someone with much left in the tank. Just a veteran stop-gap who can provide some leadership.
                      Last edited by nepg; 02-16-2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• True, but I'm not sure how much of a stop-gap he would be. If he's really done - and that definitely appears to be the case - then he's really just leader who takes up a roster spot.

Comment

• Plus we had our shot at Taylor last year, and I was hoping we'd grab him then but we did nothing and he signed with Miami, and to be honest, he didnt look all that good, so I'd rather go young. We made that transition last year, we might as well stick with it and hope we get some ******* OLB's in this years draft.

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I think we were in on him, but he just decided to sign with Miami. I don't really like the idea, but if he were willing to play for us and the Dolphins don't come calling, I could see it happening.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-new-england/

PLEASE COME BACK, Mr. Super Bowl MVP.
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Meh. Doesn't bring anything to the offense that we already don't have.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information