X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    I wouldn't want a top ten pick either.
    We really don't need a top 10 pick, but if we could trade Cassel for the Chiefs pick there would be some serious talents at positions where we could use some help (Curry, Orakpo, Jenkins, Monroe/Oher/Smith/Smith). If Pioli wants Cassel and is willing to give that pick up I would pull the trigger if Brady is ready to go, that would just be too good to pass up.

As far as FA goes, there are a ton of guys I would love to add but you never know with this staff. They could be in the 2007 load up on veterans mode or they might just want to build through the draft (more likely). I would love to see us one of the Ravens linebackers, Vernon Carey, Lito Sheppard, and a number of other guys if the staff were looking to grab some FAs.

Comment

Just a couple guys I would like to trade, sign, and daft.

Chad Johnson
      "Tell Coach I said I love him. I had a chance to talk to him and pick his brain a little bit down at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii this past season, and he's a great coach a great person to be around. I see why they're so successful down in New England. To have someone like that around at all times is good."

Probably not very realistic, but trading for Chad Johnson would be a very interesting move. Hey i thought trading for Randy Moss was not realistic. Clearly Johnson would love to come to New Endgland and wants out of Cinny. Cinny is rebuilding, and Johnson had a down year this year, so he wouldnt cost as much.

Sean Jones
      He had 2 great seasons in 2006 and 2007. He got his knee banged up and had a so-so season in 2008, but i think he is a player the pats should take a chance on. He played with the Browns, so he has been in the same system the pats run.

Alphonso Smith
      Smith has great speed, good instincts, tough, and confident. The only knock against him is the lack of height and strength. That is a very similar scouting report to every cornerback that Bill drafts. Although he hasnt drafted a corner in the first round, everyone said he wouldnt draft a lb last year but he never did. Well i feel this year is different like last.

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonsportlova View Post

Sean Jones
        He had 2 great seasons in 2006 and 2007. He got his knee banged up and had a so-so season in 2008, but i think he is a player the pats should take a chance on. He played with the Browns, so he has been in the same system the pats run.
        That's an interesting name. If he's healthy enough, he could keep us from spending a draft pick on a strong safety. Didn't know he was available. Really wouldn't mind picking him up.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

If we make any sort of splash in Free Agency, I hope its on a DB.

LB and OLine have a blend of youth and experience. Our DB's are all very young though with Hobbs, Meriweather, Sanders, Wheatley, Wilhite all still playing on their rookie contracts. Would rather have someone who's been in the league a few years than drafting another rookie here.

Sean Jones, Atogwe, Jabari Greer...

Comment

It would have to be cheap. We're like 7 mill under the cap thanks to the Cassel situation. If we don't get a deal done I don't think we see any signings.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Unless they think Brady is not going to be ready by the first game, I dont see them keeping Cassel. As a result of my postive I think Cassel will be gone and we have a couple extra picks this year or next year with a lot more cap room to sign free agents.

Comment

Is there a chance that James Sanders leaves the team in FA or does he want to come back?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I would say he's probably 60-40 to come back. I doubt the patriots will give him any big type of contract as he is best suited for a backup/rotational type of player. That being said, we have only one legitimate safety on our roster (Meriweather) and since he knows the system and what not, I could see the patriots trying to bring him back.
                  Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

It depends on if we're able to land an upgrade or not. He's not suited for being a full time starter for anyone. He would be a nice depth player to have around if we could pick up a fulltime starter, but the price probably wouldn't be right.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Ya thats what I'm saying, just that we might be more inclined to pay a little more for him because we have 0 depth at safety right now. I personally want to draft a safety to start next to Meriweather, but I feel as though they will sign a veteran (Dawkins would be nice) to come in and play.

Comment

Dawkins scares me. I think he has maybe one or two years left in him, good ones as well...but I don't think leaving the Eagles would be very smart for him. Sean Jones would be my ideal guy. Bit of an upgrade over Sanders and will probably cost as much. Drafting a safety in the second depending on who is there wouldn't be a bad idea either. Rashad Johnson is an interesting option to me. Merriweather can play the strong spot even if it's not an ideal fit, and Johnson would give us some playmaking ability we're currently lacking.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Delmas, Chung, Moore, or Johnson would be great options. I guess the pats are looking really hard at Johnson, even considering 1st round ( I was talking about this with RoP the other day). We NEED a safety in the worst way this offseason. I hate to say it but Harrison is likely done.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigburt63 View Post
                            Delmas, Chung, Moore, or Johnson would be great options. I guess the pats are looking really hard at Johnson, even considering 1st round ( I was talking about this with RoP the other day). We NEED a safety in the worst way this offseason. I hate to say it but Harrison is likely done.
                            I'm really going to miss Rodney. He was my favorite defensive player for his first couple years here. He played the game as hard as they come, albeit a bit dirty and was never afraid of laying a guy out.

Out of those guys, I think Delmas and Johnson would be the best options. I'm not all that enthused about Chung. He's a little small for a strong safety and he's not particularly fluid in coverage. Solid overall game for a defensive back, but he doesn't do anything great besides tackle. Moore is interesting, but the Roy Williams(bad years) comparisons are out there. Bit of validity to that as well.

Johnson wouldn't be the best first round pick in the world, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. He has the entire Saban thing going for him. He would probably both fit and pickup our defense quickly and we know he's well coached.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Id Look at some DB's who have been around for a few years in free agency to mix in with the youth we have at that spot already.

Comment

We should worry about signing our own players - Gostkowski, Hobbs, Kaczur, Wilfork, Seymour, Mankins.... so that they arent all Free agents next year

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information