Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YES! even if its for one season, its one season we'll have time to have our younger DBs develop better. DO IT.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• The Wilfork signing is too big for words.

Comment

• Bodden is probably worth the 5 mill if for nothing else than to mask the other liabilities in our secondary while they develop into something that hopefully isn't as much of one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
          Bodden is probably worth the 5 mill if for nothing else than to mask the other liabilities in our secondary while they develop into something that hopefully isn't as much of one.
          Corner isn't a need but we would be in a tough spot without Bodden, we need a guy with experience who can still get it done seeing as the rest of our corners are inexperienced. We need to get him back, he is not too old and he is the only vet corner we have brought in recently who has not sucked.

Comment

• Yeah. Remember Duane Starks?

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
              Corner isn't a need but we would be in a tough spot without Bodden, we need a guy with experience who can still get it done seeing as the rest of our corners are inexperienced. We need to get him back, he is not too old and he is the only vet corner we have brought in recently who has not sucked.
              We have no real nickel corner without Bodden being the #1. Wilhite might play better because he will be a 3rd year DB (3rd year DB bump) and Butler might show some signs of improvement, but surely need a nickel db.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I was so disappointed to see Boldin go to Baltimore. Until a few minutes later when I saw the news that Vince was signed to a 5 year deal!

C'mon Bodden! Apparently we have a nice offer out to Bodden and he's either signing with us or Houston. I doubt they are willing to break the bank on him or they would have simply resigned Dunta.

I'm warming up to the idea of Devin McCourty in round 2. I'd also be fine targeting AJ Jefferson in round 4, but I'm not convinced he makes it that far after a lights out combine. As for Wheatley . . . I'm holding out hope. I think he may be too fragile, though. Physically and mentally.

LBs . . . we need lots of them. I'm ok with giving McKenzie a shot at ILB. And I'll even let Thomas' poorly timed bitching go and hope to see him in top form at OLB again. But we still need an OLB opposite him and I want Graham. The kid is a baller, plain and simple. Even if we assume he's maxed out his potential, I think we're talking about a top OLB that does it all very well for a decade. Isn't that what we really need right now?
                Last edited by FlyingElvis; 03-08-2010, 10:06 AM. Reason: I can never type Boldin without adding a G at the end.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Bodden is coming back...nice

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=4977828

We're also in on Daniel Fells, who is a nice depth player to play behind someone at tight end.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• good, i hope this is true. bodden is a great fit for us, and we dont have to spend another early pick on a corner. focus on the pass rush and oline!

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Bodden official now: five-year, $28.5 million contract,
                        http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/

That's a relief ...

Comment

• Yeah that is big. Now we can focus on LB, DE, and OL with RB and WR also being needs. We would have been in a tough spot with a lot of inexperienced guys at corner without Bodden, not to mention that we don't have a pass rush as of right now.

Comment

• Hopefully it's right this time . . .

Bodden is locked up for 5 years by the Pats.

It's dancey dance time!!!

Edit: too slow from one thread to the other. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=4977828

We're also in on Daniel Fells, who is a nice depth player to play behind someone at tight end.
                              Fells could surprise us. He was a bright spot on the Rams roster last year and looked good in the games I watched. Then again, it was the Rams. But I would really like to get him signed and give him a shot. He could win the #1 spot, I think.

Comment

• Yeah you never know with guys like him who comes from a team that had a real **** year, especially in the passing game. The Rams fans in the free agency thread had some good things to say about him, sounds like he could be a nice receiving TE. He is only 26 too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information