Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris McAlister would be a great risk to take. They've picked up guys like that before. If they can get him at a bargain price, and give him moderate reps, the secondary will be worlds better for it.

Safety is a confusing position because there are a lot of young UFA's out there that may be better than any option available via draft. Unless William Moore comes in and proves he's 100% healthy and has good workouts and interviews, it's unlikely that there's anyone in the draft better than Gerald Sensabaugh, OJ Atogwe, Sean Jones (despite injuries), James Butler, or Jim Leonhard (possibly other FAs thrown in as well).

Hell, if the Pats trade Cassel to the Chiefs, they could pry one of Pollard, Page, or Morgan from them as part of the deal.
    ________
    Easy vape mouthpiece
    Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 06:48 AM.

Comment

I'd love for TBC to come back to the Pats. He didn't work out in SF, but he was an absolute beast in his last year with New England.
      ________
      Hayley
      Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ESPN.COM
        Patriots looking at Hall?

DeAngelo Hall | Redskins | Interested: Patriots?

The Boston Globe reports that the New England Patriots may be looking to add cornerback DeAngelo Hall to their roster if the Washington Redskins are unable to secure him before the free agency period begins tomorrow.
        The Patriots' ususally stout defense had issues last season, and according to the Globe, the team ranked 26th out of 32 teams in third down conversion percentage against, and 31st in red zone defense. In addition, the Patriots did express interest in Hall when he was released mid-season by the Oakland Raiders in 2008.

A true "shutdown corner", the flashy Hall would take over as the team's No. 1 cornerback on the depth chart. Although the Patriots' AFC East rivals do not have the electrifying wide receiver options that would necessitate spending a wheelbarrow full of cash on one of the league's elite cornerbacks, Hall would definitely help to contain the likes of Santonio Holmes and Reggie Wayne during an extended playoff run.

With the Cassel/Brady salaries- I don't know how serious or ideal this is.
        Again- if he gives us a NE discount- I don't see why not. It can only help.

I'd love to grab Chung in the 2nd round as well.
        Pass rushing OLB in the first
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Hall or McAlister would be great signings. I would love for us to get Sean Jones, too. I'm pissed the Phins got Gibril Wilson, he is going to be a solid player for them.

Comment

Hall signed with the Redskins. Where's McAllister at now?

F.Taylor signed with us. This makes me happy.

Comment

Taylor's a nice replacement for Jordan.
              Glad to have TBC back.

I'm sure the main focus now is just on trading Cassel. Tampa lost out on Haynesworth, so they're Suitor #1. Sounds like Stafford is high on Detroit, but the feeling might not be mutual - so Detroit's back in the mix as well as Kansas City despite keeping Chan Gailey and having Thigpen.
              ________
              KissMeWell
              Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 06:55 AM.

Comment

I am thrilled about Fred Taylor, he could make a huge impact for us. Maroney could learn a lot from him, both have great size and speed with durability issues. Hopefully Fred can teach Laurence a little about dealing with those injuries and getting back on the field in top form.

Comment

Laurence Maroney kinda always reminded me of Freddy T. Hopefully he can learn something from him. Taylor should be a great complimentary player for us. I think he might have a couple good years left in him. 700+ yards with some touchdowns would be nice...

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

i just saw on espn that the patriots also just signed chris baker, a tight end who used to play for the jets

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

What's the status on Sanders? I think he's underrated and wouldn't mind my Cowboys making a run at him. Give me you guys input.
                      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
                        i just saw on espn that the patriots also just signed chris baker, a tight end who used to play for the jets
                        That's a solid move. He was a whiney ***** at times in NY, but he's the ideal TE for the Pats.
                        ________
                        How To Roll A Joint
                        Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 06:57 AM.

Comment

J. Gaffney just signed with the Broncos.

Who's going to be our #3?

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                            J. Gaffney just signed with the Broncos.

Who's going to be our #3?
                            Unfortunately, your guess is as good as mine. We need a WR through the draft. Vrabel and Cassel look to be gone too. We are going to get some solid picks for those guys if we do in fact trade them, and I would day we go WR as early as round 2 if we get some picks for Cassel and Vrabel. You have to respect both of those guys, especially Vrabel. He was instrumental in our success since the moment he put on a Pats uniform, I will always root for him.

Comment

I guess it depends on what picks we get exactly
                              but as of right now- I'd like for us to target a CB and pass rushing OLB with our first two picks.

We shouldn't even be in this situation. ****** Chad Jackson.

On a side note: I know this is completely unrealistic but I'd love it if we could somehow snatch M.Austin (#11, I think) from Dallas.
                              That guy looks like a stud to me. He'd be a solid 3 IMO

Comment

well if we get a late first from a possible cassel trade, i think they could target a WR. Harvin, DHB, Britt, Nicks could all be targeted imo

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information