Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Agency/Trade Market

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • He did, for the most part, do nothing. He was a body. His sacks came on plays when the pocket collapsed from the other side and the quarterback drifted his way. Most people would have gotten those. He never "generated pressure" by beating his man or anything of that nature. The expectations set were him were fairly modest. Nobody thought he would have the 16 sack season he had in Oakland, but he wasn't even useful at times. Inconsistent, and team ran it RIGHT at him last year and he did nothing about it. Hurt this team way more than he helped it.

    R.I.P. Junior Seau

    Comment


    • OK... Watch the games again. I did and I was surprised. It is what it is - but it's not what you think.

      Originally posted by ElectricEye
      I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

      Comment


      • What part of it? Being decimated against the run(him and Tully)? The inability to get off blocks? If we didn't resign him, he wouldn't have a contract for an NFL team this year.

        R.I.P. Junior Seau

        Comment


        • The 9ers are shopping Kentwan Balmer. Should we have any interest in him? Although he's been under the radar he's been really solid at DE for them, and we could use some help there. He was a first round pick a few years back, byt we might be able to pick him up for a third rounder and a conditional draft pick I guess.

          Originally posted by ElectricEye
          I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

          Comment


          • Balmer's got a lot of talent but I haven't heard much of him since he's been drafted, we definitely could use another body at end though. Having a talented young guy to develop would be a big plus.

            Comment


            • Mike Reiss has listed the players who are FAs after this season. I've bolded the players I think should be handed a new contract. Names in italic are players who could be nice to keep, but are not necessary and can be replaced quite easily:


              2010
              CB Kyle Arrington
              S Josh Barrett
              RB Kevin Faulk

              K Shayne Graham
              RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
              OL Matt Light
              S Bret Lockett
              OL Logan Mankins
              S Brandon McGowan
              RB Sammy Morris
              OL Quinn Ojinnaka
              S Jarrad Page
              DL Darryl Richard
              RB Fred Taylor
              DL Gerard Warren
              OL Ryan Wendell
              LB Tracy White
              Last edited by Razor; 12-23-2010, 09:21 AM. Reason: Forgot Jarrad Page

              Originally posted by ElectricEye
              I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Razor View Post
                Mike Reiss has listed the players who are FAs after this season. I've bolded the players I think should be handed a new contract. Names in italic are players who could be nice to keep, but are not necessary and can be replaced quite easily:


                2010
                CB Kyle Arrington
                S Josh Barrett
                RB Kevin Faulk

                K Shayne Graham
                RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
                OL Matt Light
                S Bret Lockett
                OL Logan Mankins
                S Brandon McGowan
                RB Sammy Morris
                OL Quinn Ojinnaka
                S Jarrad Page
                DL Darryl Richard
                RB Fred Taylor
                DL Gerard Warren
                OL Ryan Wendell
                LB Tracy White
                I would put Matt Light in bold until we have a definite replacement for him. Worst case scenario he is a very good back up next year.


                BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                Comment


                • Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                  I would put Matt Light in bold until we have a definite replacement for him. Worst case scenario he is a very good back up next year.
                  I agree. I think some of you are way to hard on him. I'm not sure I'm ready to turn the reigns over to a rookie OT without a guy like Light in the fold to ensure there's a high level of talent + experience.

                  With that said, it totally depends on what he's looking for in a contract. Several years at his current rate (4.5M this year) is out of the question.

                  Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                  Comment


                  • I don't want to keep Light. We already have a replacement in Vollmer, who outperformed him for an extended stretch at the same position last year and continues to be the better of the two at RT. I'm comfortable starting a rookie RT next year. That's a fairly easy position to slip into and make an impact.

                    R.I.P. Junior Seau

                    Comment


                    • Yea, with Light, I think it all depends on what kind of deal he's looking for.
                      If he's willing to take backup role with the pay... then I'd welcome him back
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                      Comment


                      • If he'll be a backup, sure. But I doubt he would settle for that. Despite his struggles, you can do a lot worse than Matt Light and other teams around the league know that and would be willing to pay him to start, possibly at RT.

                        R.I.P. Junior Seau

                        Comment


                        • Then thanks for your services! Fair well!
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                          Comment


                          • id rather have light start next year and have the new guy come in and get some experience for a year. that way, you protect yourself from rookie mistakes and injury...... no love for kevin faulk? i think he will retire personally, but do u think woodhead has completely replaced him moving forward?

                            Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

                            Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
                              id rather have light start next year and have the new guy come in and get some experience for a year. that way, you protect yourself from rookie mistakes and injury...... no love for kevin faulk? i think he will retire personally, but do u think woodhead has completely replaced him moving forward?
                              Yes and no. Woodhead can do all the things Faulk was doing (not quite as well in the little things yet), but there's still a place for Faulk with Woodhead.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Razor View Post
                                Mike Reiss has listed the players who are FAs after this season. I've bolded the players I think should be handed a new contract. Names in italic are players who could be nice to keep, but are not necessary and can be replaced quite easily:


                                2010
                                CB Kyle Arrington
                                S Josh Barrett
                                RB Kevin Faulk

                                K Shayne Graham
                                RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
                                OL Matt Light
                                S Bret Lockett
                                OL Logan Mankins
                                S Brandon McGowan
                                RB Sammy Morris
                                OL Quinn Ojinnaka
                                S Jarrad Page
                                DL Darryl Richard
                                RB Fred Taylor
                                DL Gerard Warren
                                OL Ryan Wendell
                                LB Tracy White
                                pass on Gerard Warren. Ty Warren will be starting at one end, Wilfork on the Nose, Pryor and Wright in the Nickel. That's 4 of the 6 or 7 DL that NE will carry. I think they'll keep Brace and probably Deaderick. Then I really think they will draft a high pick to come play in NE at the other starting DE.

                                Warren may get another contract, but I would expect him to be released in training camp.
                                **** her in da *****!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information