This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...so far how we doing?

I was having a think about who the winners and losers are so far into free agency. Personally I feel like we have done pretty well so far. Obviously losing someone like Vrabel means losing leadership but there was something like 3.35m cleared in cap. Then with Cassel going his salary isn't on the books either. This means that Belichick can go after one or two more defensive guys then wait for the draft. On offense, Fred Taylor and Chris Baker definitely at worst upgrade competition levels. It definitely could've been a worse couple of days. Thoughts?

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

well if u look at it, we are a worse team today then we were a few days ago. but if u we can get some good signings, then id say we would be looking good. if we can get a leigh bodden, or even a ray lewis (who knows?), then i would def say we have won. im really looking forward now to the draft though

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

I'd say good to very good. The Pats with 3 second round picks have enough ammo to get into the 1st and maybe even high in the 1st. My dream draft of Harvin, Barwin and a corner is still in play.

I'd ammend that wish look to read something like this:

A. trade 2 second round picks to get into round 1:

1. Percy Harvin
        2. Alphonso Smith
        3. Connor Barwin

B. stick with the 1st and 3 2nds:

1. Alphonso Smith
        2. Eben Britton
        3. Jarron Gilbert
        4. Clay Matthews

Either would be my dream scenario feel free to critique.
        Last edited by Babylon; 03-01-2009, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
          well if u look at it, we are a worse team today then we were a few days ago. but if u we can get some good signings, then id say we would be looking good. if we can get a leigh bodden, or even a ray lewis (who knows?), then i would def say we have won. im really looking forward now to the draft though
          Yea i'd be a little annoyed if we didn't get at least one more signing preferably a DB like Bodden. I think Ray Ray is 99% a no because his contract will be far too high. I can't wait for the draft now we could go some many directions with those first day picks

Comment

i think taylor is a good fit in New England just in case maroney is injured again..but he was a big part of the jaguars and i wouldve liked to see him retire with them
            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
            Coples is that dude.
            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

btw..... i antoinecd, i love percy harvin as well..... i think he would be insane for us.... im hoping he is one of our picks :)

Comment

We traded Cassel and Vrabel.

We've signed C. Baker, F. Tayor and T. Banta Cain.

We have some UFAs that I'd like to see back.
                K.Washington and L.Izzo are specal teams beasts.
                D. Oneal, T.Williams and M.Wright

I think Oneal'll be better once we improve our pass rush on his 2nd yr with us
                Tank never got to show us what he can do. When healthy he acts like an extra LB.
                M. Wright... simply for DL depth.

I think we need to sign a CB. Bodden or McAllister'll do.
                After that... I say we go OLB, S and WR in our first 3 picks.

I think it's too premature to give them a grade. There's still too much work to do.
                I really am curious to see what we do on Draft day though.
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Just saw an interesting possibility on patriots.com. Regarding the Cassel/Vrabel trade, it may leave the door open for some sort of trade for Peppers

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                    Just saw an interesting possibility on patriots.com. Regarding the Cassel/Vrabel trade, it may leave the door open for some sort of trade for Peppers
                    im guessing more cap room to fit him in?

Comment

Vrabel gone just makes the holes in our pass rush all the more prominent. Should be our first pick, depending on who's there. We now pretty much need one of English or Sintim at some point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

We need a #3 WR now.

Hopefully can sign Wright as he provides depth as every DL position.

I dont like Sanders but unless we can upgrade, he has to be resigned since we have zero depth at Safety.

Comment

^yeah, it seems pretty clear that pass rush becomes priority #1 now.

Thanks Mike! You gave NE everything we could ask for and more.

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                          What's the status on Sanders? I think he's underrated and wouldn't mind my Cowboys making a run at him. Give me you guys input.
                          Resigned already. But all of the Pats fans here are hoping NE drafts his replacement in round 1 or 2 this year.

link to espn

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

So far so good, I guess. Cassel has been moved early enough for us to sign anyone deemed worthy by BB w/o concerns about cap space. I like the RB & TE signings for depth, and think Baker could supplant Watson to start the season.

The draft should be very exciting. I think we'll see plenty of movement by the Pats.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

I say we go after Peppers and if that stalls- try for J. Taylor
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Peppers would be a super addition. He has all of the ability in the world, he wants to play in a 3-4, and he seems like he really wants to win a championship. Could be a Moss/Dillon type of situation. Plus picking up Peppers would pretty much eliminate LB as an early need and we would pick up a proven player with some solid years left in him. I think he would be a perfect fit for our D and would allow us to focus on some other needs in the draft, even though we would probably have to give up at the very least one of our second rounders for him.
                                Last edited by Don Vito; 03-02-2009, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information