Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of Peppers, but I don't see it happening, and I'd rather have other possibilities anyway... Getting healthy, young, slightly more experienced OLB's back is going to do wonders for the pass rush on its own...

I really would rather see them just get Wilfork, Mankins, and Seymour extended on top of a couple key, low-cost veteran pick-ups this off-season...
    ________
    The Legend Condominium
    Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post

I really would rather see them just get Wilfork, Mankins, and Seymour extensions

def agree with that
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
        I really would rather see them just get Wilfork, Mankins, and Seymour extended on top of a couple key, low-cost veteran pick-ups this off-season...
        Same here. I would rather keep our guys around than make a big splash with Peppers.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I doubt Pep gets here, and agree that Wilfork & Mankins are top priority. But if no big free agent is brought in the Pats' F.O. will look stupid. Why rush the Cassel deal if there was no intention of using some of the newly cleared cap space? There's certainly no need to do that immediately in order to rework current deals.

OMFG I don't think I could handle the resulting storm of anti-Patriot fanboi-ism!!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Harrison? TO?

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
              Harrison? TO?
              No and NO.

Harrison is so far over the hill that it wouldn't even be worth it. We can get comparable production from the guys we have.

I don't think I should even have to talk about why Owens wouldn't work with us.
              Last edited by ElectricEye; 03-05-2009, 12:42 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                Harrison? TO?
                No but i'd take Joey Galloway for a year, even for an old man he'd burn most teams for having to play him one on one.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I brought it up only 'cause its been brought up recently in the NFL forum

With Harrison only playing one spot his whole career- I'd say No.
                  For obvious reasons- I'd say no to TO as well.

J. Galloway would be nice for a year. We can draft a WR and see if he develops.

I still like the idea of signing Miles Austin of Dallas.

Comment

Galloway wouldn't be a bad oldguy receiver to bring in if he was dirt cheap. Probably a bit pointless though.

Austin would cost a second round pick. A big no to that one as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Ideally I would prefer not to take receiver in FA but take a guy in the draft who goes into a perfect situation to develop and will eventually be able to take over from Moss. A veteran receiver would probably stop us taking a receiver high this year and with such good depth until the mid 2nd I say we cash in with someone like Harvin who will fall due to people like Crabtree, Maclin and DHB's 40.
                      I would much rather use the extra cap in picking up a CB or safety or even resigning Mankins and Wilfork.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Maclin is the only receiver besides Crabtree that I would use our first on if they were there and there's no way in hell they would be. DHB scares me after the Chad Jackson experience. Granted, DHB is a much more explosive than Jackson ever was in college, but still. Inconsistent speed receivers are going to scare me for a bit. Wouldn't mind landing Britt with one of our second rounders. I think he could be exactly what we need to make our offense go off again. He probably won't be there though and there's bigger needs we have besides receiver.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          Maclin is the only receiver besides Crabtree that I would use our first on if they were there and there's no way in hell they would be. DHB scares me after the Chad Jackson experience. Granted, DHB is a much more explosive than Jackson ever was in college, but still. Inconsistent speed receivers are going to scare me for a bit. Wouldn't mind landing Britt with one of our second rounders. I think he could be exactly what we need to make our offense go off again. He probably won't be there though and there's bigger needs we have besides receiver.

I think people are missing the boat on what Harvin could bring to this team. You could use him as one of your 3 receivers, the wildcat and returning kicks. It was really hard to get a total read on him at Florida based on having a weak armed QB to throw to him.

Comment

• I have a gut feeling the WR targeted will be Robiskie. Good size, did better than expected at the combine, football family & the resulting solid "football IQ" . . .

This kid screams Patriot material. Honestly, I think I'd be happy with it despite his alma mater. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              I think people are missing the boat on what Harvin could bring to this team. You could use him as one of your 3 receivers, the wildcat and returning kicks. It was really hard to get a total read on him at Florida based on having a weak armed QB to throw to him.
                              I think people are giving Harvin a bit of a pass on not having a true position. He's a playmaker, there's no doubt about that, but I'm weary of any guy that lacks a true position as he does. He's more of a receiver than a runningback and is improving in that area, but I don't know. Give me a Britt type over Harvin any day. There's injury concern with him as well. As far as the wildcat goes, I don't think we'll be running it anytime soon.

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                              I have a gut feeling the WR targeted will be Robiskie. Good size, did better than expected at the combine, football family & the resulting solid "football IQ" . . .

This kid screams Patriot material. Honestly, I think I'd be happy with it despite his alma mater. ;)
                              Plus he has the added benefit of being able to be had for a third round pick, most likely. I would be all over it if we could get him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Exactly what I was thinking on Robiskie - 3rd round +/- a few picks. About the only thing that would shock me would be NE picking a player with all their picks.

I'm thinking a trade down - something along the lines of 47 & a 4th for a 3rd and 2010 2nd. Use the higher 3rd on Robiskie, add plenty of talent this year and come out with an extra 2nd in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information