This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    Maclin is the only receiver besides Crabtree that I would use our first on if they were there and there's no way in hell they would be. DHB scares me after the Chad Jackson experience. Granted, DHB is a much more explosive than Jackson ever was in college, but still. Inconsistent speed receivers are going to scare me for a bit. Wouldn't mind landing Britt with one of our second rounders. I think he could be exactly what we need to make our offense go off again. He probably won't be there though and there's bigger needs we have besides receiver.
    DHB is a far different animal than Chad Jackson. Just look at their yards per reception (one of the most telling statst for college-to-NFL receivers). DHB is a beast. At worst, he's Kelley Washington who can return kicks, minus the inability to get on the field due to attitude/off-field problems (which is why Washington isn't a top tier WR right now). I don't see him available to the Pats unless they trade into the Top 15 though... I could see DHB going to Oakland if things fell the right way...
    ________
    How to roll blunts
    Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
      DHB is a far different animal than Chad Jackson. Just look at their yards per reception (one of the most telling statst for college-to-NFL receivers). DHB is a beast. At worst, he's Kelley Washington who can return kicks, minus the inability to get on the field due to attitude/off-field problems (which is why Washington isn't a top tier WR right now). I don't see him available to the Pats unless they trade into the Top 15 though... I could see DHB going to Oakland if things fell the right way...
      I'm a massive fan. It's hard to forget the way he torched Miami a couple years back. I lucked into watching that game and the sheer display of speed was absolutely incredible. The problem is he is raw as hell. I'm not saying he isn't a massive talent and far more talented than the Jackson/Bethel Johnson experiments, but for whatever reason we don't have a good history of bringing raw receivers up. Hell, we haven't had any success with drafting at that position ever hardly. I think both the Patriots and DHB(Harvin as well) would be better served ending up with some one else.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• We just signed Springs. I'm ok with it depending on what the cost is. I really don't want to see us miss out on a safety or a younger corner because we overpaid for Springs for half a season.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I am happy with the Springs signing. The Greg Lewis trade confuses me a little, we didn't give much up for him but still...

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
            I am happy with the Springs signing. The Greg Lewis trade confuses me a little, we didn't give much up for him but still...
            I thought it was curious as well. The staff must like him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              I thought it was curious as well. The staff must like him.
              Yeah I trust the staff but Greg Lewis? That shocked me.

I am really disappointed that we lost Heath Evans to the Saints, he was a great team player for us. We may need to look at a FB now. That guy out of Syracuse looks to be in the Evans mold, I wouldn't mind us looking at a guy like him. Another guy who I like a lot is Ole Miss FB Jason Cook, BJGE's old lead blocker. He is a smart guy with some of potential as a FB.

Comment

• It's sad to see Heath go. He was a real good fullback for us. Fullback is a need for us on the second day now. I would love to get Quinn Johnson if he were around for us.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Love the Springs signing.
                  Still don't know 'bout the G.Lewis trade as well.
                  He's a solid guy. Made big plays for the Eagles.
                  *shrugs*

I'll miss Evans as well. I've always liked that guy.

fyi... unless the Cowboys resigned Austion- He's a UFA.
                  ... and a 2nd rounder for him???? I'd say hell no to that too
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                    fyi... unless the Cowboys resigned Austion- He's a UFA.
                    ... and a 2nd rounder for him???? I'd say hell no to that too
                    I'm pretty sure he signed an offer sheet recently.

Yup, here's the link.
                    http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/player....news&nid=55752

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Greg Lewis it is then.
                      We better still draft a WR in the 2nd
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• yeah the greg lewis signing unfortunately takes the patriots out of the running for selecting a WR with our first few picks. Sean Springs is a good signing, but we now NEED more than anything else, a safety. With this recent signings, I am not sure where the patriots will go in the draft. no idea, but safety better be covered

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
                          yeah the greg lewis signing unfortunately takes the patriots out of the running for selecting a WR with our first few picks. Sean Springs is a good signing, but we now NEED more than anything else, a safety. With this recent signings, I am not sure where the patriots will go in the draft. no idea, but safety better be covered
                          I don't think any of this changes our draft plans at all. I'm expecting us to pick a receiver in the second round at this point with the talent available at the position this year and the extra second rounder from KC. I was against it before the trade, but if Kenny Britt or Hakeem Nicks is there at our second I would be all for it. Not quite the Harvin guy that a lot of the people here seem to be, but yeah.

Safety is a big need and I was really hoping we made a move to get a younger safety over Springs. I'll be sad if we miss out on Sean Smith because of Springs. I could still see us passing on a safety entirely now given the fact Sanders is back with the team. Not near as big of a hole as it was before. Still, Sanders certainly isn't an impact playing and adding someone to fill the shoes of Rodney Harrison would be nice. A Chip Vaughn type in the third would fit the bill if we decided the value for other positions were greater with the second rounders. Wouldn't be disappointed if we went Britt/BPA at Corner/Meredith or Loadholt with the seconds and drafted one of the second tier safeties in the third to compete with Sanders.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• The Pats site has the trade listed as undisclosed draft picks for 2009/2010. Are there any reports on what 09 pick we gave up and what 2010 pick we get back?

Makes little sense to me, but if it is late round picks I suppose it makes no difference.

Springs sounds about right to me. I still think CB will not be a high priority but, as always, NE will likely go BPA.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                              The Pats site has the trade listed as undisclosed draft picks for 2009/2010. Are there any reports on what 09 pick we gave up and what 2010 pick we get back?
                              I think we gave up a 5th. Don't know what else we got back.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Ok. A 5th - and probably 2010 6th or 7th in return - for a KR/special teams guy . . . w/e lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information