No announcement yet.

The Pats Big 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are definitely the core of our team. Seymour's presence his rookie year was so noticable, he made a huge impact on our defense and helped lead us to a SB as a rookie. To this day he is a superb player an Wilfork/Warren have emerged as stars as well. None of them will put up super stats, they aren't asked to (even though Seymour has had some great statistical seasons and Warren has had 1 or 2), but they do their jobs better than any DL in the league. We cannot afford to lose them and I agree they are the 3 most valuable players on our team with Brady, Mayo, Mankins, Welker, and maybe Meriweather right behind them. Now we need to get a secondary behind the big 3 and some more LB help.

Comment

Also, Logan Mankins could be a free agent after 2009 too. I say could be because, if the league continues on with the current CBA and enters uncapped 2010, he'll be a RFA for '10 and then an UFA in '11.

Pats got some serious work to do.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I fully expect Wilfork to be re-signed for the reasons that others have mentioned. Seymour will be costly, and at his age with his injury past, I doubt we are able to re-sign him on our terms, which really really sucks. Although I would rather take some of that money and use it to re-sign Mankins who is a beast of a guard and should be a mainstay on our o-line (that and i have his authentic jersey, so I'll be pissed if he's gone :) )
        Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Sign Wilfork, Franchise Seymour.

Why has nobody talked about us Franchising him next year???

Comment

Originally posted by HellonEarth84 View Post
            Sign Wilfork, Franchise Seymour.

Why has nobody talked about us Franchising him next year???
            I mentioned that awhile ago I think. I think Seymour would fight it though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Could they make a run at Jarron Gilbert in the 2nd or Tyson Jackson if he fell to the chiefs pick then send Seymour packing?

Comment

Seymour will be a Pat this season, but I definitely could see us looking at a guy like Gilbert or Jackson in the second if they think Seymour is walking after next season. I don't want to see big Rich go anywhere, but a lot of teams are going to want him since he is an elite 3-4 DE.

Comment

^ Agreed. They could target a replacement for next year, but Seymour won't be traded this year. If contract talks stall out he will get franchised next year so the Pats have the opportunity to get something for him.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    I mentioned that awhile ago I think. I think Seymour would fight it though.
                    Ya, I don't think he'd take being franchised well at all...
                    ________
                    Avandia law
                    Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Can't say as I blame him. That won't change the team's decision, though.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information