Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pats Big 3

Wilfork, Warren and Seymour.

What are the contrct situations for these guys. I think they should def. keep Wilfork but the other 2 are expendable, Seymour had a great 3-4 years and is still very solid. warren is in his peak right now and is a top 3-3 3-4 DE.

They had a tough season as a collective this pat year but what do you think the Pats should do with these 3? Seymour is older yes, Warren is peaking right now and Wilfork is a dirty monster.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

I think that's a fair assessment. I'm pretty sure we'll try to keep them all if we can. We've demonstrated before that we're willing to advance substantial financial resources into keeping that line together. Might not be able to do that, but I think we'll try. Seymour is STILL the best player on the line, IMO. He had a real great year last and is finally starting to put his prior years of injury behind him. He's probably the most likely to leave out of any of them though. Both he and Wilfork are free agents after this year. Makes us trading Cassel all the more imperative. Pretty sure we have Warren under contract for a few more years.
    Last edited by ElectricEye; 02-12-2009, 10:39 AM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

When Seymour is healthy he is a friggen beast. They may have the most talented front 3..well they should..they are all 1st rounders. :D

But I thought they all were becomming from agents in consecutive years, I maybe wrong though for the 5th time ever. Keeping those three makes your LBs alot better.
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Wilfork, Seymour, and Jarvis Green are all free agents after 2009. Warren is signed through 2013.

I expect Wilfork to definitely be re-signed. Maybe one of Seymour and Green, who turn 30 years old and 31 years old respectively this season, though.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Wilfork won't be allowed to leave. He's the key to it all. Seymour has a decent chance of coming back too IMO. Some things need to be moved around to work, but the Patriots are good at that and principally want Seymour back.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
            Wilfork, Seymour, and Jarvis Green are all free agents after 2009. Warren is signed through 2013.

I expect Wilfork to definitely be re-signed. Maybe one of Seymour and Green, who turn 30 years old and 31 years old respectively this season, though.
            Interesting. They def. need to extend/re-sign Wilfork.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
              Interesting. They def. need to extend/re-sign Wilfork.
              I would think we would go as far as to franchise him if we couldn't work a deal out with him. We can't afford to lose him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                I would think we would go as far as to franchise him if we couldn't work a deal out with him. We can't afford to lose him.
                A beast of a NT like him are a dime a dozen. Look at how solid hampton has been for Pitt for years. It is probably one of the hardest positions to replace with even a 'solid' NT.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                  A beast of a NT like him are a dime a dozen. Look at how solid hampton has been for Pitt for years. It is probably one of the hardest positions to replace with even a 'solid' NT.
                  Yeah, far and away the guy on our defensive line. Enables everyone else to get loose.

3-4 DE is much easier to find if you're looking. I think we'll take a look at one of the defensive tackles next year if we get the chance. Wouldn't mind finding a way to land Vince Oghobaase.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I've been wondering if the Pats look hard at Tyson Jackson.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I don't think we will. We have some holes to be filled for this year before we can start looking towards the future. If he somehow fell to the second, yeah, I could see it...but I don't think we would use our first round pick on him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

That is the reason I made this thread. I really think they would take a look at him even though they have other needs. He might just be the BPA at that time.

Comment

BPA always seems to be the way, and even when they clearly have a guy targeted (Mayo) they manage to value him right while correctly predicting what the teams around them will do with their picks.

Keeping Seymour, Green and Wilfork is a stretch. Wilfork is the youngest and clearly the most difficult to replace so I'd say he stays. However, I also think he will demand top dollar and that could make it tough.

I won't be surprised if they draft a replacement at one of those spots and 'shock' everyone on draft day. I don't know enough about the prospects to say I like anyone in particular, but if there's a solid option that could play situationally in 2009 while warming up & learning to take over the spot in 2010 I'd be ok with it. But I still think I'm the only Pats fan on here that doesn't believe CB is a pressing need.

Absolute must = S & ILB
                          Need = TE & OT
                          Need by 2010 = DE DT (draft or re-sign)
                          Jury still out = HB OLB CB

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                            Absolute must = S & ILB
                            Need = TE & OT
                            Need by 2010 = DE DT (draft or re-sign)
                            Jury still out = HB OLB CB
                            I think that's the biggest discussion here. What we actually need. By that system, I would have something like this.

Absolute must = S & CB
                            Need = OLB and RT
                            Need by 2010 =DE
                            Jury still out = HB WR TE

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Seymour had his best year as a pro in 2008. Ty Warren had a "down" year because of injuries, and Wilfork was his standard self. Warren's signed through 2013, but I think Seymour and Wilfork are on the last year of their respective contracts. The Pats will keep these guys together because it's going to be nigh impossible to replace them.
                              ________
                              KENDRAL live
                              Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information