No announcement yet.

My new Pats draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and I would like to add a safety like Pegues in later rounds. He is a stud.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

We need a safety in the first two rounds I think, but I would love to pick up Pegues if he is available in the fourth or maybe as early as the third. He is a stud, he just is under the radar because he played on a team that was pretty bad and he has some character/intelligence issues. He can play FS and corner (2 time all-SEC safety, one time all-SEC corner) as well as being a stud return man.

I am curious to see if the staff plans on playing Meriweather at free or strong, he can do both the only thing he has the dropsies. He can cover a lot of ground and get to the ball, he just can't always hang on to it. Rashad Johnson is a guy who could be a great centerfielder, he is a playmaker with great range and has good hands too. Pegues is like Johnson just more athletic I think, but Johnson is a little more intelligent/instinctive and played with a better defense around him. I think we may look for a guy who can offer more against the run than Johnson/Pegues, but I would be thrilled if we picked up either of them. William Moore is an option too.

Honestly, I think the best safety for us could be Louis Delmas. He is a great leader and a very smart player who is a great tackler and hard hitter. He is solid in coverage and very good against the run, I was really impressed with him in the senior bowl.

Comment

Mock

1) Jarron Gilbert - With Wilfork approaching Free Agency; the Pats could move Ty over to nose. As he is getting older; he is gaining weight & the result is he is becoming more of a 'stout' defender.

2) Lawrence Sidbury - This kid is not a good ball player, but a good person as well; not failing to mention a good ball player as well. And with 'back-scratchers as arms;' he & Crable could be very impressive bookends for yrs to come.

3) Alex Boone - What I like most about this kid is the fact that he is 'heavy handed' & not shy about it! Throws his weight around well. For three yrs - this kid played the demanding LT spot on a line that faced tuff competition week-n-week-out. So moving over to RT should be a plausible adjustment. I love the fact he is rambunctious & plays w/ passion.

4) David Bruton - Smart, athletic DB, who could add length (6ft 3in) to the secondary.

Comment

I don't like the prospect of Warren at nose, he's not built to be a NT, and is much better utilized at DE where he is now. Sidbury is a major reach in the 2nd, as is Alex Boone who will be lucky to get drafted at all, nevermind in the 2nd (or 3rd, we have 3 2nd round picks). I guess I'd be ok with Gilbert in the 1st, but not by any means my favorite pick at all.
          Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

That's pretty terrible. Don't need Gilbert right now. So long as we don't land Peppers, we have a pretty good chance of keeping the line together. Sidbury is a nice prospect, but the value isn't there in the second. You two picks after that as well. Boone in the 3rd is completely upsetting. The talent is there but the guy is an absolute meathead who spends most of his time under the influence. Million dollar right tackle prospect, two cent brain. Not getting drafted until well into the second day. Bruton is nice, but I would rather take a more impressive safety with one of our picks you forgot...

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I do like Bruton for the Pats because he might not have to be relied upon right away. The rest is horrible.

With Wright re-signed, there's little-to-no need to make a desperate pick at 3-4 DE. No need to explain the others...
              ________
              Washington medical marijuana dispensary
              Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 08:11 AM.

Comment

This is what I've come up with so far...
                1. Clay Matthews
                2a. Jamon Meredith
                2b. William Moore/Louis Delmas/Patrick Chung
                2c. Duke Robinson
                3a. Jairus Byrd/Mike Mickens/Bradley Fletcher
                3b. Travis Beckum
                ________
                HOW TO ROLL A JOINT
                Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 08:12 AM.

Comment

I still think they need a 3-4 DE. I know they don't need one "right away", but Seymour is gone next year if he wants 8M per and it's a little rushede to get one and expect him to play right off the bat.

I thought I read somewhere that the patsies were interested in Michael Johnson and Clay Matthews....but I can't find it anywhere.

Michael Johnson might be interesting. He has unreal strength but one report said he "didn't like contact" and gets neutralized.

Comment

I don't see any way Michael Johnson fits in a 3-4. Maybe they see him as the same type of player as Peppers and wanted to bring them both along in their scheme together?

And I do agree that they should draft a 3-4 DE, but they don't need to throw down a 1st or early 2nd on one. It'd just be annoying to hear people complain about the pick being useless when he inevitably can't get any playing time over the Pats' current Top 5 or 6 DL's (Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Wright, Green, and maybe Smith)

There are some very good options available on Day 2.
                    ________
                    red head girl Webcam
                    Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 08:13 AM.

Comment

The "old" and expensive Seymour is 29 years old. Should we start giving up on guys for being too old after they hit 25 or 26?
                      2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

It's more a question of age + skill + cost & length of contract. Giving Seymour 8 mill per year is fine over 2 or 3 years, but is it worth it if he wants a 5 year deal? Tough call. Then again, they can always load it up on the back end and cut him w/a year or 2 left. :(

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

My dream 2009 Patriots draft:

1.23) Aaron Maybin OLB/Penn St. (Or best available OLB pass rusher)
                          2.2) Alphonso Smith CB/Wake, DJ Moore CB/Vandy
                          2.15) William Beatty OT/UCONN (If not available explore trades/ would love to trade for a next years mid 1st to have a shot at safeties Mays or Berry.)
                          2.26) Jarron Gilbert DE/San Jose St (Stock is rising fast, may not be around)
                          3.25) Juaquin Iglesias WR/Okla.
                          3.Comp) Cornelius Ingram TE/Florida, Travis Beckum TE/Wisc.

Other players to consider in the later rounds of the draft:

Frantz Joesph ILB/Florida Atlantic
                          Jarret Dillard WR/Rice
                          Kory Sheets RB/Purdue (K. Faulk isn't getting any younger)
                          Aaron Boone OT/Ohio St
                          Brian Toal OLB/BC

Comment

I think Beatty is strictly a LT prospect. Unless you're talking about an Alex Gibbs system, he really doesn't fit anywhere else.

I don't see Gilbert lasting that long.
                            ________
                            Beststrip4You
                            Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sdotcarter33 View Post
                              My dream 2009 Patriots draft:

1.23) Aaron Maybin OLB/Penn St. (Or best available OLB pass rusher)
                              2.2) Alphonso Smith CB/Wake, DJ Moore CB/Vandy
                              2.15) William Beatty OT/UCONN (If not available explore trades/ would love to trade for a next years mid 1st to have a shot at safeties Mays or Berry.)
                              2.26) Jarron Gilbert DE/San Jose St (Stock is rising fast, may not be around)
                              3.25) Juaquin Iglesias WR/Okla.
                              3.Comp) Cornelius Ingram TE/Florida, Travis Beckum TE/Wisc.

Other players to consider in the later rounds of the draft:

Frantz Joesph ILB/Florida Atlantic
                              Jarret Dillard WR/Rice
                              Kory Sheets RB/Purdue (K. Faulk isn't getting any younger)
                              Aaron Boone OT/Ohio St
                              Brian Toal OLB/BC
                              Like your picks even the players to consider.

Really liking Barwin over anyone else out there for that 3-4 OLB spot (and occasional TE) i'm still trying to get over him running 4.43 (by some scouts accounts) at his pro day.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                                I think Beatty is strictly a LT prospect. Unless you're talking about an Alex Gibbs system, he really doesn't fit anywhere else.

I don't see Gilbert lasting that long.
                                well i would actually like to see Light moved to RT if we could ever find a suitable LT...I'm tired of seeing Light get beat by the speed rushers.

No you're right, i doubt gilbert will last the long either...we can only hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information