Just an Idea....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol i like that sig....... thats dope

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Thanks. Simple, but it gets the job done. I can't recall the sig limits, but I'm pretty sure I'd need to shrink it a little if we choose to go with it.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Resized to comply with sig limits

Wording can change or another one can be done by one of our resident pros still, of course.

Comment

I'm on board. Top six picks it is

Comment

This should be very interesting, can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
              The top 6 picks is the best way to go, I think. No concerns about trades since they could screw up everyone's board equally. Post 6 names and see who gets the most out of those 6. I doubt we'll need anything too crazy to ensure the picks are in by the right time. The time stamp is on each post and if it gets edited the time is included there as well. So any post or edit that is stamped after 11.59 pm EST on April 24th would be disqualified.

How does "Patriots Master Mockster Challenge Champion" sound for the sig line? Any other suggestions?

Something as a sig image, either a hack job (see mine below lol) or ask someone with skills in the sig thread to make something super sexy for us.

EDIT: Added pic & fixed date.

How are we going to score this?

1 point for getting the position right, 2 points for getting the player right, and an extra point for getting the position (2 total points) and/or player in the right spot (4 total points)?
              ________
              Avandia settlements
              Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:19 AM.

Comment

I didn't get the impression proshoota25 had a point system in mind, but it may be a good idea to figure something like that out as a tie-breaker should several of us hit on the same number of draftees.

We sure as hell don't want any Eagles/Bungels sytle ties. :D

Comment

how about along the lines of..... 5 points for correct player selection...... 3 points for correct round selected......... 2 points for position selected.

so for example say (note example) that i submitted this mock draft:

1. Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
                  2. Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia
                  2. Rashard Johnson, S, Alabama
                  2. DJ Moore, CB, Vandy

..... The Patriots actually select...... Sintim in Round 1... Johnson in Round 2..... and Jairus Byrd, CB, Oregon

You have picked Sintim (5 points) and the right position (2 points) but not in the same round you predicted (0 points)....... Johnson you predicted (5 points), in the right round (3) and the position (2). For Byrd, he was not on your list, but he was a position you thought would be drafted (2).... so your total points for the challenge would be 19....

Is that good? Too confusing? Ideas....

Comment

It's your ball. You can make the rules. I'll go with whatever you decide. It's all good to me. Thanks for bringing your ball!
                    Last edited by bhyg; 03-31-2009, 06:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
                      how about along the lines of..... 5 points for correct player selection...... 3 points for correct round selected......... 2 points for position selected.

so for example say (note example) that i submitted this mock draft:

1. Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
                      2. Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia
                      2. Rashard Johnson, S, Alabama
                      2. DJ Moore, CB, Vandy

..... The Patriots actually select...... Sintim in Round 1... Johnson in Round 2..... and Jairus Byrd, CB, Oregon

You have picked Sintim (5 points) and the right position (2 points) but not in the same round you predicted (0 points)....... Johnson you predicted (5 points), in the right round (3) and the position (2). For Byrd, he was not on your list, but he was a position you thought would be drafted (2).... so your total points for the challenge would be 19....

Is that good? Too confusing? Ideas....
                      Trades??? any points for calling a trade?

also scoring for olb/de or olb/ilb could get intresting

Comment

^ I was thinking the same thing on the OLB/ILB & DE/OLB guys. As long as it is defined before the draft shouldn't be an issue. Either lump OLB/ILB/DE into one category and do the same for O-line or use the player's position on the college roster.

EDIT: duh . . . we could just use Scott's player rankings lists for each player's "true" position. lol

My other thought: make the correct player worth more - 10 points? - so the bigger value is attached to getting the player right. The other points would then serve well as potential tie breakers.
                        Last edited by FlyingElvis; 04-01-2009, 07:01 AM.

Comment

yea 10 points would work..... and plus i think we basically know which positions guys would play

examples: de/olb would be one..... maybin,english,barwin, sintim are guys we know would be de/olb

guys for ILB... we know that maualuga and brinkley would be inside.....

Comment

how many points for calling a trade?

Comment

Made a sig image w/the 50th Anniversary logo. So the winner has options.

My list is ready to go - unless something drastic changes the value of one of the picks I chose.

I should really do more work at work. :D

The original:

or the 50th Anniversary edition:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                                Thats awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information