• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am interested to see what the Pats do with the picks
    since I doubt we don't make any trades throughout the draft
    Rey Rey in the 1st would be amazing
    but I wouldn't be happy if we didn't address OLB and S as well
    Also, if we don't get Rey then I don't think we should address MLB until late 2nd/3rd rd
    With Brinkley being the guy I'd like for us to pick up.
    With Rey Gone- grab a OLB stud, S and after that BPA is something I'd like.
    Grabbing a nice WR (Nicks/Britts if they fall) would be nice- an OT(Loadholt, Merideth)- or some DL depth (Moala, Kruger or Gilbert)
    I wouldn't be againt drafting a guy like D.Brown from UCONN (RB) @ 47 if he was still available.

As for the J.Taylor move... I think that'd be a nice stop gap for us for our OLBs to learn from.
    Also it'd be good for JT so he'd stay fresh with all the young legs behind him.
    If he came at the right price- it'd be nice.
    Regardless if we grab him or not though- I don't think that should change our gameplan on draft day since he's not a long term solution

That's how I'd like it to play out
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
      I am interested to see what the Pats do with the picks
      since I doubt we don't make any trades throughout the draft
      Rey Rey in the 1st would be amazing
      but I wouldn't be happy if we didn't address OLB and S as well
      Also, if we don't get Rey then I don't think we should address MLB until late 2nd/3rd rd
      With Brinkley being the guy I'd like for us to pick up.
      With Rey Gone- grab a OLB stud, S and after that BPA is something I'd like.
      Grabbing a nice WR (Nicks/Britts if they fall) would be nice- an OT(Loadholt, Merideth)- or some DL depth (Moala, Kruger or Gilbert)
      I wouldn't be againt drafting a guy like D.Brown from UCONN (RB) @ 47 if he was still available.

As for the J.Taylor move... I think that'd be a nice stop gap for us for our OLBs to learn from.
      Also it'd be good for JT so he'd stay fresh with all the young legs behind him.
      If he came at the right price- it'd be nice.
      Regardless if we grab him or not though- I don't think that should change our gameplan on draft day since he's not a long term solution

That's how I'd like it to play out

I agree. We need to address OLB, ILB and another S. If someone falls we will either take him with our pick or move up to get him.

Looking at the picks between 23 and 34 a bunch of LB could be taken. I wouldn't be shocked if we took a guy like Mack (and Neal can play tackle well) but it might only mean jumping up from 34 to say 31 to leapfrog Pitt to get Mack, whereas we might have to trade up a lot higher (costing a #2 instead of a #4) to get the LB we want. Therefore I really do think that OLB is what the PATS will take unless something really wierd happens.

And I'm real good with that.

I really like Brinkley and I'm afraid if we wait til round three he'll be gone. I would take him in round two. We need that type of player on our team. We don't have it now. He'd be great in the red zone and in short yardage. That means noone will convert a third and short...and we get the ball back! Those type of things change games. With all the sub packages we use almost nobody is on the field all the time so who cares if he's a 2 down LB. (I personally think he's more than that, but that's just me).

Comment

ok i HIGHLY doubt we draft an offensive lineman in the first two rounds..... Since 2001, we have drafted TWO, yes TWO, offensive lineman in the first two rounds. That was Matt Light and Logan Mankins I believe. I am pretty sure they feel they can find lineman to fit our team in the later rounds. So all of you calling for Mack and Unger, I am willing to put money on the fact we won't select them based on past draft history.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Mack and Unger are highly unlikely. But I wouldn't rule out one of the OT's. I actually think an OT is one of the better routes they can take with one of their first 4 picks. I wouldn't mind anyone up to Eben Britton at #23. Jamon Meredith or Phil Loadholt would be nice in the 2nd round.

And if Duke Robinson falls to their 3rd pick, passing on him would be very questionable.
          ________
          EASY VAPE DIGITAL NOT WORKING
          Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
            Mack and Unger are highly unlikely. But I wouldn't rule out one of the OT's. I actually think an OT is one of the better routes they can take with one of their first 4 picks. I wouldn't mind anyone up to Eben Britton at #23. Jamon Meredith or Phil Loadholt would be nice in the 2nd round.

And if Duke Robinson falls to their 3rd pick, passing on him would be very questionable.
            I will puke if we draft Meredith. He is pretty versatile and has some athleticism, but he was nothing special in college. He should not be a second round pick. I do like Britton, but we need to focus on defense day 1. Our first 3 picks should be 2 LBs and a safety; with our final second rounder being either CB, WR, OL, DL, or BPA.

Comment

I do agree that itis unlikely we draft an OL in the first round. I really think they will target a bunch of LB (inside and outside) and a S.

The main reason I think they will jump all over a LB is that there are a lot more 3-4 teams so there are more teams looking at the same kind of players we are. We'll lose out if we wait. If we take someone other than a linebacker, I bet with the next pick we trade up to get the LB we just passed on.

I like Mack, but I don't like Unger. At TE I really like James Casey.

At safety I like Chung. I liked Moore but not as much as I used to.

I LOVE Brinkley. In fact if he's all we got I'd be happy...well that's a bit of a stretch.

OLB I like Matthews and Barwin.

I don't think Laurinaitis or Mauluga fit although I think Maualuga fits better than Laurinaitis.

I'd like to hear what other ILB and OLB you guys like and why they fit our system.

Comment

I really Britton at #23. They need a safety, and then they have a lot of options. There are 3 safeties graded in this range (Moore, Chung, Delmas) that are very attractive to what the Pats do on defense. There are innumerable hybrid pass rushers in this draft. I really think the best spot to get one if they want one is at #34. If there's a high-potential WR that falls to them (Maclin, DHB at #23; Britt, Nicks, Harvin in Round 2) they should probably jump on it. There are a ton of similarly-talented CB's in this draft. There are a bunch of potential 3-4 DE's in this draft, and with Wright re-signed, it's not a 1st/2nd need unless someone falls.

I will say that I really like the idea of Matthews or Barwin. I think those are two special, versatile players who fit what the Pats do as an organization.

So I have 2 options:
                23. Eben Britton
                34. Matthews/Barwin or Britt/Nicks/Harvin
                47. Moore/Chung/Delmas
                58. BPA or Cody Brown/Lawrence Sidbury Jr/Henry Melton

or

23. Matthews/Barwin
                34. William Moore or (Britt/Nicks/Harvin)
                47. Jamon Meredith/Phil Loadholt/Duke Robinson or Chung/Delmas
                58. BPA

I'm also a big fan of Lee Robinson in the 3rd or 4th as an ILB. And I do like Jasper Brinkley as a 2-down run stopper (Jeremiah Trotter/Ted Johnson) with Adalius Thomas moving inside on passing downs, but I can't even think of anyone coming into the NFL and playing that role straight out of college... They tried that with Roach and Parham not long ago.
                ________
                BellaRuby live
                Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                  I really Britton at #23. They need a safety, and then they have a lot of options. There are 3 safeties graded in this range (Moore, Chung, Delmas) that are very attractive to what the Pats do on defense. There are innumerable hybrid pass rushers in this draft. I really think the best spot to get one if they want one is at #34. If there's a high-potential WR that falls to them (Maclin, DHB at #23; Britt, Nicks, Harvin in Round 2) they should probably jump on it. There are a ton of similarly-talented CB's in this draft. There are a bunch of potential 3-4 DE's in this draft, and with Wright re-signed, it's not a 1st/2nd need unless someone falls.

I will say that I really like the idea of Matthews or Barwin. I think those are two special, versatile players who fit what the Pats do as an organization.

So I have 2 options:
                  23. Eben Britton
                  34. Matthews/Barwin or Britt/Nicks/Harvin
                  47. Moore/Chung/Delmas
                  58. BPA or Cody Brown/Lawrence Sidbury Jr/Henry Melton

or

23. Matthews/Barwin
                  34. William Moore or (Britt/Nicks/Harvin)
                  47. Jamon Meredith/Phil Loadholt/Duke Robinson or Chung/Delmas
                  58. BPA

I'm also a big fan of Lee Robinson in the 3rd or 4th as an ILB. And I do like Jasper Brinkley as a 2-down run stopper (Jeremiah Trotter/Ted Johnson) with Adalius Thomas moving inside on passing downs, but I can't even think of anyone coming into the NFL and playing that role straight out of college... They tried that with Roach and Parham not long ago.

I don't think they will move Thomas inside on third down. They like Guyton who ran a 4.5 He's got speed and played in a third of the defensive snaps as a rookie. I was shocked he wasn't drafted. I thought he was going to go in either the third or fourth round last year. They will keep Thomas on the outside to rush the passer. Another thing they might do is put Tank Williams in at inside LB on obvious passing downs as well. Also they will play a lot of nickel and dime. So Brinkley won't be in as much as a normal starter BUT he wioll end a lot of seudo draves on third and short and stuff people at the goal line.

I'm not high on Robinson (for the PATS). He is a lot like Laurinaitis and I don't think he fits the PATS style of D for their ILB's I think he would be better in a different style.

Does anyone like one of the safeties more than another and why? Chung or Moore or Delmas or Johnson or someone not mentioned.

If there is anyone who wants me to sent them PFW Draft Preview I have it on PDF. Just send an e-mail to me at BHYG@GDGLTD.com

Comment

Originally posted by bhyg View Post

If there is anyone who wants me to sent them PFW Draft Preview I have it on PDF. Just send an e-mail to me at BHYG@GDGLTD.com
                    I'll check out this draft preview...i PM'd you my email address

Comment

Originally posted by sdotcarter33 View Post
                      I'll check out this draft preview...i PM'd you my email address
                      E-mail Sent!

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information