Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hog Hannah's new pats draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hog Hannah's new pats draft

    1. Matthews - hopefully he can play inside
    2a. Sintim - could play outside
    2b. Wood - backup Koppen and play guard next year
    2c. Shonn Greene - the anti-Maroney
    3a. Fili Moala - could play DE or DT with pats
    3b. Fenuki Tupou - guard could also play tackle
    4. Jairus Byrd - could play safety, timed slow so will probably fall
    5. Dillard / Quan Cosby - good WR production

  • #2
    No help at all for safety? Merriweather is awesome. The same can't be said for Sanders and, even if you like him, we still need some depth behind him.

    Chung instead of the anti-Maroney or Vaughn in the 4th. I won't be surprised or upset if they draft an RB . . . unless it means we don't get a safety.

    Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
      No help at all for safety? Merriweather is awesome. The same can't be said for Sanders and, even if you like him, we still need some depth behind him.

      Chung instead of the anti-Maroney or Vaughn in the 4th. I won't be surprised or upset if they draft an RB . . . unless it means we don't get a safety.
      Byrd would make a great safety, smart, great ball skills, great tackler, decent size. Not so fast in straight line.

      There are so many ways to go it's hard to say, obviously.

      They could take Beatty at 23 or Brown at 23.

      I don't see them really going CB, as there are so many on the roster already.

      Not sure if Matthews could play inside. Seems like the type who would, decent size, athleticism, smarts, willing to study tape, etc.

      Comment


      • #4
        I could see them going corner if Darius Butler or Alphonso Smith are there at 34. I really think the 2nd 2nd will be on a safety though because at least one of Delmas, Moore or Chung should be there


        BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by hannah73 View Post
          1. Matthews - hopefully he can play inside
          2a. Sintim - could play outside
          2b. Wood - backup Koppen and play guard next year
          2c. Shonn Greene - the anti-Maroney
          3a. Fili Moala - could play DE or DT with pats
          3b. Fenuki Tupou - guard could also play tackle
          4. Jairus Byrd - could play safety, timed slow so will probably fall
          5. Dillard / Quan Cosby - good WR production
          D'OH !! Ok, I'm an idiot. I read through each one, but I guess I have Delmas/Moore on the brain.

          I'd rather not worry about transitioning a guy, but with Byrd picked to play safety I could get behing this crop of rookies.

          Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

          Comment


          • #6
            Is this what you want to happen? Or what you think will actually happen?

            I don't dislike any of the players but I'd be really surprised to see them wait until the 4th round to take a DB. I would also be very surprised to see them take LB's with both of the first two picks.
            **
            2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

            1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

            2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

            3 Anyone but Wolfe

            **

            Comment


            • #7
              im pretty sure matthews wouldnt be used inside

              Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

              Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TNPatsFan View Post
                Is this what you want to happen? Or what you think will actually happen?

                I don't dislike any of the players but I'd be really surprised to see them wait until the 4th round to take a DB. I would also be very surprised to see them take LB's with both of the first two picks.
                Kind of a possibility I'd like to see, I guess. Have no idea what they'd do.

                Also I saw some clips of Maulauga...I had previously been down on him because of character concerns and his inability to take on blockers. I know clips are misleading but man, that guy is quick, and he hits like a missile. If you could train him to take on blockers, it'd be interesting. Definitely someone who likes contact...at least when dishing it out.

                Still think Michael Johnson could make a great 3-4 OLB when someone teaches him how to set an edge.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Right now my best guess would be something like this:

                  1. OLB Connor Barwin, Cincinnati
                  2. CB Darius Butler, Connecticut
                  2. FS Rashad Johnson, Alabama
                  2. OG Andy Levitre, Oregon State

                  That's just based on who it seems like the team is interested in. As a wacky mock draft, I guess this is a possibility too (although I hope it doesn't happen):

                  1. RB Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
                  2. WR Percy Harvin, Florida
                  2. OG Max Unger, Oregon
                  2. OLB Cody Brown, Connecticut

                  Really, this draft should be all about defense though if you ask me. I have really no big questions about the offense like I do about the defense.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
                    im pretty sure matthews wouldnt be used inside
                    Putting Matthews inside would take away from his greatest strength, so no, he wouldn't be used inside. He could do it, but he would be much more valuable rushing the passing. If we draft Matthews in the first, which I hope we do, I don't think we take a guy like Sintim if we want to come away with an ILB in this draft because both of them are better off playing the edge.

                    R.I.P. Junior Seau

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                      Right now my best guess would be something like this:

                      1. OLB Connor Barwin, Cincinnati
                      2. CB Darius Butler, Connecticut
                      2. FS Rashad Johnson, Alabama
                      2. OG Andy Levitre, Oregon State

                      That's just based on who it seems like the team is interested in. As a wacky mock draft, I guess this is a possibility too (although I hope it doesn't happen):

                      1. RB Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
                      2. WR Percy Harvin, Florida
                      2. OG Max Unger, Oregon
                      2. OLB Cody Brown, Connecticut

                      Really, this draft should be all about defense though if you ask me. I have really no big questions about the offense like I do about the defense.
                      wow both those drafts are interesting ROP. The first set would greatly improve our defense. The second would give us an insane amount of talent on offense and would make our offense that much more potent. but i agree, defense needs to be addressed #1 without a doubt

                      Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

                      Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        but for some reason, i have a feeling the patriots wont be looking corner within the first two rounds. i mean right now its a loaded position. you have bodden, springs, hobbs, and then TWO guys they think they can develop in wilhite and wheatley.... throw in a possible richardson sighting, there just isnt room to add another rookie guy to develop

                        Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

                        Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I really think Darius Butler could be the selection at either 23 or 34. Yea Bodden and Springs are there but Springs is old and Bodden has a one year contract and if he plays like he can then his contract will be too big to keep, unless there's an uncapped year.

                          Im starting to hope for this draft

                          1. Everette Brown, OLB Florida Stae
                          2a. Trade for a 2010 1st
                          2b. William Moore
                          2c. Andy Levitre, OG Oregon St
                          3a. Jason Phillips, ILB TCU
                          3b. Mike Mickens, CB Cincinnati


                          BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If we're going to trade one of our 2 rds then I think we should trade away
                            our 47th selection instead of the 34th
                            I say that for the simple fact that I think we need to make sure we have a S.
                            The drafts are known to go crazy and I'd hate to get to 47 with Chung, Delmas, Moore and R. Johnson gone already.
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                              If we're going to trade one of our 2 rds then I think we should trade away
                              our 47th selection instead of the 34th
                              I say that for the simple fact that I think we need to make sure we have a S.
                              The drafts are known to go crazy and I'd hate to get to 47 with Chung, Delmas, Moore and R. Johnson gone already.
                              Yeah that would be a pretty bad scenario but im not sure there would be teams who are willing to give a 2010 1st for the 47th. If there was a run on safeties say around the 35-45 range then it would only take the 3rd or possibly even a 4th to get above Miami, NYG and Houston


                              BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information