Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Reaction

What are your thoughts so far?

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

I like the depth this provides. I think Jason Taylor is a given now.
    Breed's QB Philosophy:
    Originally posted by Breed
    At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

Wtf happened there. Sorry, said I had to wait and I did, then BAM. lol.
      Breed's QB Philosophy:
      At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

I have a headache.

We reached on Chung @ 34- over Rey and Brown!
        Brace @ 40- adds depth. Still no OLB or ILB
        Butler @ 41- I like for depth again.
        OT- I like @ 58 but we still haven't addressed out LB situation.

1st day isn't over yet but all the OLB prospects I liked are gone. I'm frustrated.
        S. Crable better be ready to go.
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
          I have a headache.

We reached on Chung @ 34- over Rey and Brown!
          Brace @ 40- adds depth. Still no OLB or ILB
          Butler @ 41- I like for depth again.
          OT- I like @ 58 but we still haven't addressed out LB situation.

1st day isn't over yet but all the OLB prospects I liked are gone. I'm frustrated.
          S. Crable better be ready to go.
          Chung would've been gone had they waited. I think it was wise to make the pick there.

Brace I Like alot, Wilfork won't stay healthy forever.

Butler, LOVE IT. He will be a huge playmaker.

I question the OT, but, depth was needed.

I think we'll see Beckwith or someone to us in rd 3, and some OLB depth. They must have alot of faith in Crable, and/or getting Taylor.
          Breed's QB Philosophy:
          At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

J. Taylor better be looking up Houses For Sale in the Foxborough area

Comment

pretty dissapointed...love butler, kinda like chung, but im' bummed we didn't use some of our 3rd rounders to lever up and get sintim/barwin/maualuga....

don't know if taylor is a done deal...

sebastian vollmer was rated as a free agent prospect and we pick him in the 2nd round? wtf?

Comment

Really like our draft so far outside of vollmer...

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Signing J. Taylor isn't a given and even if he is signed, he isn't a long term answer, drafting an OLB in the second round considering the depth of this draft class was primordial. I just can't see how they could see Chung as a high 2nd round pick. He is a unidimensional safety that is a liability against the pass.

I have no problem with the Butler's pick considering what we received for trading down even though i preferred Vontae Davis.

However trading up to reach on Brace who's never gonna be more than a backup for Wilfork is just stupid. Now this pick can only make the signing of Wilfork harder.

At this point I thought that things would improve for the last pick but i was actually even more upset by the Vollmer pick. Who is this guy? a potential undrafted free agent who could develop into a starter at RT? What's worse William Beatty was still on the board...

I think we're probably going to see a draft that will look like the big flop of 2007.

We must wait and see what is going to happen because Belichick has proved over the last decade that he is pretty good in the draft but i don't understand why he continues to reach on guy like Matt Slater last year and those guy this year.

What i was hoping for was

33. Darius Butler
                  41. Connor Barwin
                  47. William Beatty(i would never have traded with the Raiders)
                  58. Sean Smith or Jarron Gilbert
                  Sean Smith to play FS alongside Merriweather, he is not ready yet but he has a lot of potential and Gilbert simply to provide depth on our DL with somebody that could really have an impact.

If the patriots really wanted to get a Harrison type safety, I think a guy like Nic Harris later in the draft would have be a perfect fit. they both have that same sort of swagger.

Comment

Ew. That's really most of what I have to say. Extremely weak. I hope I'm wrong, but I really think some of the moves were outright stupid and we passed up some talent.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                      Ew. That's really most of what I have to say. Extremely weak. I hope I'm wrong, but I really think some of the moves were outright stupid and we passed up some talent.

Pretty much sums it up

Comment

Video on Sebastian Vollmer:

http://draftguys.com/index.php/artic..._ot_-_houston/

Comment

Just wonder what you guys think of grabbing Brace...think that means the pats won't resign Wilfork if they like what they see? Cause it is gonna be hard to afford Wilfork and Seymour.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                          Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                          i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                          Originally posted by Job
                          NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

I have to say I'm really mad you guys got Chung. I love him. I hope you bury him on the depth chart or something.
                            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

No one we drafted will even play much this year, and maybe even next.

They're all back ups.

We just re-signed James Sanders, and now drafted Chung with our first pick.

Brace will be a career back up behind Wilfork.
                              Butler has potential but will probably be behind Bodden/Hobbs/Springs/Wheatley/Wilhite in his first year. He can return kicks though.

I dont know. I don't HATE it, but I wanted a Linebacker.

We are one injury away from having a D-Grade at LB. Adalius Thomas and Mayo are good. I hope this means Jason Taylor is going to be a Pat. but even then, its not like Taylor or Thomas are young anymore...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information